HP printer will not print untill reboot Vista X64

Badnpc

HP printer will not print untill reboot Vista X64

I have a HP Photosmart All-In-One Networked printer. I've installed all
the latest drivers for Vista x64 Ultimate. The printer will work for a
few days then when I spool a new job I will get a print error after a
few minutes. The only way I can fix the problem is to reboot my system.
The printer shows as the default printer in the control panel, even with
the error. I have set up full sharing rights, even though I'm the only
person using this printer. I'm so upset by the problem I getting ready
to go back to XP Pro. Does anyone know the answer to my problem and help
save my Vista install?

--
Badnpc
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP printer will not print untill reboot Vista X64
Sounds like you have corrupted drivers. Uninstall and reinstall correctly.
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
If you omit Step 4, all you will end up doing is reinstalling the older
corrupted drivers.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Badnpc" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have a HP Photosmart All-In-One Networked printer. I've installed all
> the latest drivers for Vista x64 Ultimate. The printer will work for a
> few days then when I spool a new job I will get a print error after a
> few minutes. The only way I can fix the problem is to reboot my system.
> The printer shows as the default printer in the control panel, even with
> the error. I have set up full sharing rights, even though I'm the only
> person using this printer. I'm so upset by the problem I getting ready
> to go back to XP Pro. Does anyone know the answer to my problem and help
> save my Vista install?
>

> --
> Badnpc

Bob Headrick [MVP]

Re: HP printer will not print until reboot Vista X64
"Badnpc" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have a HP Photosmart All-In-One Networked printer. I've installed all
> the latest drivers for Vista x64 Ultimate. The printer will work for a
> few days then when I spool a new job I will get a print error after a
> few minutes. The only way I can fix the problem is to reboot my system.

It might help if you told us which of the dozens of HP Photosmart AIO
Networked printers you have. HP has released updates in the past to
address communication issues with some AIO models, including this one
last week:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/...&thread.id=831
"FYI, HP has release a Critical Update to Correct a PC to Printer
Communication Issue for a some printers. So far, it's been listed for
the Photosmart C4400, C4500, C5500 and C6300. A specific connection type
has not been specified, so it may be for both USB as well as network
connected printers. download it from the link below."

Check HP's driver download page to see if there are updates for your
model, see http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html select
"Download drivers and software..." and then put the model number in the
"for product" box.

You may find it better to assign a fixed IP address to the printer
rather than allow DCHP to assign an IP address (if you are using DCHP
for the printer). I do not have any problems with my HP Photosmart 2610
All-In-One Networked printer configured on wired LAN with a fixed IP
address.

If none of the above suggestions help please provide more details of you
printer model and how the printer is connected (wireless or hardwired
LAN).

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Badnpc

Re: HP printer will not print untill reboot Vista X64

Thank you for your help. The printer is a Photosmart 3210 All-In-One.
I'm running a wired network for the printer and my main system. The HP
Network Config Page says my Configuration Source is DHCP. I'm a newbie
to Vista x64 and networking. So I'm right now trying to learn how to
change the printer to a static IP, as you suggested.

--
Badnpc
Badnpc

Re: HP printer will not print untill reboot Vista X64

I changed my printer settings and Vista settings to a static IP for the
printer. And now it works great. Once again thank you for all the help.

--
Badnpc