Need driver for HP 2840

Tony Linguini

Need driver for HP 2840
The HP 2840 Color Laser MFC prints fine, but will not scan as it did in XP.
I now have Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
Any workarounds or ideas? Thank you.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Need driver for HP 2840
HP has this and would be the source for drivers. I do see a print/scan
driver for the 32 version of Vista. I looks like HP does not have support
available for the 64 bit OS. You need to confirm this with HP. Your x64
machine will support a 32 bit OS installation.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2100

HP Color LaserJet 2800 All-in-One Printer series
╗ Choose another product
╗ Create a personal product profile (Why register?)

Subscribe to driver and support alerts

╗ Sign up now for customized driver, security, patch, and
support email alerts.
Only receive updates on products you specify or own when you
want them.

Useful links

╗ Selecting the Correct Printer Driver

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP
Software License Agreement.

Choose your software/driver language:
ArabicBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese
(Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglish
(American)EstonianFinnishFrenchGermanGreekHebrewHu ngarianIndonesianItalianJapaneseKazakhKoreanLatvia nLithuanianNorwegianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussia nSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwedishThaiTurkishUk rainianVietnamese

Driver - Universal Print Driver Description Current version Size
(MB) Estimated download time Previous version
HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PCL5 4.7
25 Nov 2008 16.4 56K: 40m
512K: 4m
HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PCL6 4.7
25 Nov 2008 16.5 56K: 40m
512K: 4m
HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PostScript 4.7
25 Nov 2008 17.3 56K: 42m
512K: 4m

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Tony Linguini" <pccarguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The HP 2840 Color Laser MFC prints fine, but will not scan as it did in
> XP.
> I now have Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
> Any workarounds or ideas? Thank you.

Tony Linguini

Re: Need driver for HP 2840
Well, I confirmed with HP that there is no scanner driver for 64 bit Vista.

I disagree, however, with the technician's statement that it is because
"nobody likes Vista" because "it's as bad as ME." I have been running 64
bit Vista on 2 machines since it came out, and I am really DISAPPOINTED with
HP.
Tony
"Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HP has this and would be the source for drivers. I do see a print/scan
> driver for the 32 version of Vista. I looks like HP does not have support
> available for the 64 bit OS. You need to confirm this with HP. Your x64
> machine will support a 32 bit OS installation.
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2100
>

> HP Color LaserJet 2800 All-in-One Printer series
> ╗ Choose another product
> ╗ Create a personal product profile (Why register?)
>

> Subscribe to driver and support alerts
>

> ╗ Sign up now for customized driver, security, patch, and
> support email alerts.
> Only receive updates on products you specify or own when
> you want them.
>

> Useful links
>

> ╗ Selecting the Correct Printer Driver
>
> Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
>

> By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP
> Software License Agreement.
>
> Choose your software/driver language:
> ArabicBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese
> (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglish
> (American)EstonianFinnishFrenchGermanGreekHebrewHu ngarianIndonesianItalianJapaneseKazakhKoreanLatvia nLithuanianNorwegianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussia nSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwedishThaiTurkishUk rainianVietnamese
>
> Driver - Universal Print Driver Description Current version
> Size (MB) Estimated download time Previous version
> HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PCL5 4.7
> 25 Nov 2008 16.4 56K: 40m
> 512K: 4m
> HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PCL6 4.7
> 25 Nov 2008 16.5 56K: 40m
> 512K: 4m
> HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PostScript
> 4.7
> 25 Nov 2008 17.3 56K: 42m
> 512K: 4m
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> rights.
>
> "Tony Linguini" <pccarguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> The HP 2840 Color Laser MFC prints fine, but will not scan as it did in
>> XP.
>> I now have Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
>> Any workarounds or ideas? Thank you.

Bob Bonneville

Re: Need driver for HP 2840
Guess that is why HP sells so many of their PC's with Vista 64
installed!!!!! I am giving up on their products.

Bob

> Well, I confirmed with HP that there is no scanner driver for 64 bit
> Vista.
>
> I disagree, however, with the technician's statement that it is because
> "nobody likes Vista" because "it's as bad as ME." I have been running 64
> bit Vista on 2 machines since it came out, and I am really DISAPPOINTED
> with HP.
> Tony
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> HP has this and would be the source for drivers. I do see a print/scan
>> driver for the 32 version of Vista. I looks like HP does not have
>> support available for the 64 bit OS. You need to confirm this with HP.
>> Your x64 machine will support a 32 bit OS installation.
>> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2100
>>

>> HP Color LaserJet 2800 All-in-One Printer series
>> ╗ Choose another product
>> ╗ Create a personal product profile (Why register?)
>>

>> Subscribe to driver and support alerts
>>

>> ╗ Sign up now for customized driver, security, patch, and
>> support email alerts.
>> Only receive updates on products you specify or own when
>> you want them.
>>

>> Useful links
>>

>> ╗ Selecting the Correct Printer Driver
>>
>> Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
>>

>> By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the
>> HP Software License Agreement.
>>
>> Choose your software/driver language:
>> ArabicBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese
>> (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglish
>> (American)EstonianFinnishFrenchGermanGreekHebrewHu ngarianIndonesianItalianJapaneseKazakhKoreanLatvia nLithuanianNorwegianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussia nSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwedishThaiTurkishUk rainianVietnamese
>>
>> Driver - Universal Print Driver Description Current version
>> Size (MB) Estimated download time Previous version
>> HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PCL5 4.7
>> 25 Nov 2008 16.4 56K: 40m
>> 512K: 4m
>> HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PCL6 4.7
>> 25 Nov 2008 16.5 56K: 40m
>> 512K: 4m
>> HP Universal Print Driver for Windows x64 - PostScript
>> 4.7
>> 25 Nov 2008 17.3 56K: 42m
>> 512K: 4m
>>

>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "Tony Linguini" <pccarguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> The HP 2840 Color Laser MFC prints fine, but will not scan as it did in
>>> XP.
>>> I now have Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
>>> Any workarounds or ideas? Thank you.

MattPterp

Re: Need driver for HP 2840

What a bunch of nonsense. HP obviously wants us to purchase the newer
model of their laserjet, which I did. I was completely unsatisfied with
it, so went back to the task of compatibility between my Windows Vista
64-bit system and my tried and true 2840.
Windows has a "Virtual PC" that you can download free. It requires
Windows Vista Ultimate, so upgrading was step 1.
Step 2: Download the free Virtual PC 2007 and install it on your
64-bit system:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...c/default.mspx
Now that you have your virtual PC (like a mini computer inside your
computer) you need to install an operating system. I bought Windows
Vista Business version (32 bit) because I found it inexpensively, but
you can install whatever 32-bit system that is compatible with the 2840
software. So now you've created a 32-bit virtual system within your
64-bit system.
Now just install the 2840 software into the 32-bit virtual system and
you're good to go. All this cost under $300.

--
MattPterp
MattPterp's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/85478.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Dave

Re: Need driver for HP 2840
You didn't have to upgrade to Ultimate to run VPC 2007... it works fine on
the Home versions.

--
Windows 7 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview