Printer communication system has stopped working?

J. Shane Kunkle

Printer communication system has stopped working?
Just bought a new computer (Alienware M17 with 64 bit windows vista
ultimate) and installed the drivers for my Dell 924 all in one via a
Dell 3300 wireless printer adapter. The printer is working fine with
my new computer - however after I installed the printer the following
message pops up about every 15 minutes:

Printer communication system has stopped working and was closed. A
problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows
will notify you if a solution is available.

Sometimes an additional prompt appears to submit the problem to
Microsoft – however Windows has yet to find a solution to the
problem. The only printers I have installed on my system are my “Dell
Photo AIO Printer 924” and the default “Microsoft XPS Document
Writer.” I’ve never seen this issue with any of the other computers
that use this printer running 32 bit versions of vista.

This is getting really annoying – does anyone know how to stop this
message from popping up all the time? Thanks in advance,
Shane
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printer communication system has stopped working?
What application is failing?. I'm assuming this is something from Dell.
Look for Dell services and see if stopping one of them fixes this.

Windows can only find a solution if the vendor fixes the software and
updates Microsoft.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"J. Shane Kunkle" <shane.kunkle@gmail.com> wrote in message
[...]

oscar46324

Re: Printer communication system has stopped working?

I found a temporary solution. It's not exactly the cure it should be,
but it works. Go to services.msc. Locate your printer and open up the
file & select the "recovery" tab. Change first, second & subsequent
failures from "take no action" to "restart the service." You'll still
receive the "printer communication system" notice, but I just minimize
it to my toolbar. I'm still able to print but can't scan from my
wireless printer to my Studio 17 yet.

Bad part is, no one seems to want to take responsibility for or correct
whatever bug is causing this screw up.

--
oscar46324
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printer communication system has stopped working?
keep sending the crashes to Microsoft. There are people looking at these
and their goal is to direct you to a solution.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"oscar46324" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I found a temporary solution. It's not exactly the cure it should be,
> but it works. Go to services.msc. Locate your printer and open up the
> file & select the "recovery" tab. Change first, second & subsequent
> failures from "take no action" to "restart the service." You'll still
> receive the "printer communication system" notice, but I just minimize
> it to my toolbar. I'm still able to print but can't scan from my
> wireless printer to my Studio 17 yet.
>
> Bad part is, no one seems to want to take responsibility for or correct
> whatever bug is causing this screw up.
>

> --
> oscar46324

ws6wes

Re: Printer communication system has stopped working?
I have a Sony VAIO VGN-AW120J with Vista 64bit Home Premium. My printer is a
Lexmark all-in-one X9350.

I have only had this computer for about 2 months but I never could get the
printer to work. I've installed all the latest drivers.

Shortly after a reboot, I get this pop up...

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printer communication system has stopped working?
this is the Lexmark printer communication software.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"ws6wes" <ws6wes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news48CD3D7-CB55-4B14-BFE7-17C262C155F9@microsoft.com...
>I have a Sony VAIO VGN-AW120J with Vista 64bit Home Premium. My printer is
> Lexmark all-in-one X9350.
>
> I have only had this computer for about 2 months but I never could get the
> printer to work. I've installed all the latest drivers.
>
> Shortly after a reboot, I get this pop up...

ws6wes

Re: Printer communication system has stopped working?

^^ I'm confused... what are you saying exactly...?

--
ws6wes
MSDOS

Re: Printer communication system has stopped working?

Check this out :

'Communication Error on Printer - What the heck « Windows Vista -
Shaun’z Blog'
(http://grdead.wordpress.com/2009/01/...what-the-heck/)

--
MSDOS

'*[image:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ck-1.gif]Diary of a
Software Tech*_
http://www.grdead.wordpress.com_' (http://www.grdead.wordpress.com)
ubermono

Re: Printer communication system has stopped working?
I have the same problem and that includes no one taking responsibility. I
keep getting sent back and forth. So frustrating!