problem to install HP all in one C3180

lap

problem to install HP all in one C3180
I just got a dell studio laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I
downloaded the drivers from the HP website to install an All in one
printer C3180 but when I plug the USB socket in I get 2 pop-up boxes
that say the PC found the drivers for the device but it encountered an
error while attempting to install it, the first one with HP Photosmart
C3100 Series (DOT4USB) and the following one with Microsoft WPD file
system volume. I have tried it a second time then a third time but
still in vain with the same messages. Has somebody encountered such a
problem yet? Can you help me please?

Many thanks.

lap
slimorse

RE: problem to install HP all in one C3180
I'm having the same problem. My HP 6210 printer was working for a 11 months
just fine. Now, no printer will work. It started around the windows update
12-29-08. I tried everything I know. it's not working. HP Laptop dv6636nr
vista home prem

"lap" wrote:

> I just got a dell studio laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I
> downloaded the drivers from the HP website to install an All in one
> printer C3180 but when I plug the USB socket in I get 2 pop-up boxes
> that say the PC found the drivers for the device but it encountered an
> error while attempting to install it, the first one with HP Photosmart
> C3100 Series (DOT4USB) and the following one with Microsoft WPD file
> system volume. I have tried it a second time then a third time but
> still in vain with the same messages. Has somebody encountered such a
> problem yet? Can you help me please?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> lap

lap

On 25 Jan, 06:16, slimorse <slimo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I'm having the same problem. My HP 6210 printer was working for a 11 months
> just fine. Now, no printer will work. It started around the windows update
> 12-29-08. I tried everything I know. it's not working. HP Laptop dv6636nr
> vista home prem
>

> "lap" wrote:
> > I just got a dell studio laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I
> > downloaded the drivers from the HP website to install an All in one
> > printer C3180 but when I plug the USB socket in I get 2 pop-up boxes
> > that say the PC found the drivers for the device but it encountered an
> > error while attempting to install it, the first one with HP Photosmart
> > C3100 Series (DOT4USB) and the following one with Microsoft WPD file
> > system volume. I have tried it a second time then a third time but
> > still in vain with the same messages. Has somebody encountered such a
> > problem yet? Can *you help me please?

> > Many thanks.

> > lap- Hide quoted text -

what have you tried yet Slimorse?
slimorse

Re: problem to install HP all in one C3180
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer (from disk & from HP
site). I've tried to go back to the restore point before the issue happened.
But everytime I plug the printer into the USB ports(tried all 4) the computer
tries to install the printer.

"lap" wrote:

> On 25 Jan, 06:16, slimorse <slimo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I'm having the same problem. My HP 6210 printer was working for a 11 months
> > just fine. Now, no printer will work. It started around the windows update
> > 12-29-08. I tried everything I know. it's not working. HP Laptop dv6636nr
> > vista home prem
> >

> > "lap" wrote:
> > > I just got a dell studio laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I
> > > downloaded the drivers from the HP website to install an All in one
> > > printer C3180 but when I plug the USB socket in I get 2 pop-up boxes
> > > that say the PC found the drivers for the device but it encountered an
> > > error while attempting to install it, the first one with HP Photosmart
> > > C3100 Series (DOT4USB) and the following one with Microsoft WPD file
> > > system volume. I have tried it a second time then a third time but
> > > still in vain with the same messages. Has somebody encountered such a
> > > problem yet? Can you help me please?

> > > Many thanks.

> > > lap- Hide quoted text -

> what have you tried yet Slimorse?

David B.

Re: problem to install HP all in one C3180
Can we assume your following HP's instructions and plugging the printer in
when the software installation tells you to, and NOT before your running the
software installation?

On 26 Jan, 20:17, "David B." <m...@nomail.net> wrote:
> Can we assume your following HP's instructions and plugging the printer in
> when the software installation tells you to, and NOT before your running the
> software installation?
>
> --
>
> Crosspost, do not multiposthttp://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
> How to ask a questionhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>
> "slimorse" <slimo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer (from disk & from HP
> > site). I've tried to go back to the restore point before the issue
> > happened.
> > But everytime I plug the printer into the USB ports(tried all 4) the
> > computer
> > tries to install the printer.

> >> what have you tried yet Slimorse?- Hide quoted text -

Of course I plug it only when it says it, at the end of the install. I
can't uninstall it because it's not even appeared in the printers and
faxes list. Maybe there's something in the regestry that prevents the
re-installation to go ok once it has failed.?? According to posts i
should be able to see in device manager some line for the wpd
filesystem...but there's none. Should there be a line there for that?
lap

Re: problem to install HP all in one C3180
it's not even displayed as a printer so I have nothing to uninstall. I
even tried the full software package in vain. It detects the device
when I plug it, locates the drivers but fails to install it without
mentioning any reason. The evnt viewer does not give much information
either. I went into the problem reports and solutions and viewed in
details what's wrong but I am unable to understand precisely and
mainly what I have to do. Maybe some of you could help me? That's a
copy of the console for two most common problems I have in the list,
following ...would you think of a BIOS thing? Thanks in advance

Product
Driver software installation

Problem
Could not install driver software for device

Date
21/01/2009 19:21

Status
Report Sent

Description
Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your
Photosmart C3100 series

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError
Architecture: x86
Win32 error: 00000002
Inf name: usbprint.inf
Driver Package hash: 008ac507a7b06de65453f5aa3fbab2433f36b5a3
DDInstall section name: USBPRINT_Inst
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 200669665
Product
Driver software installation

Problem
Could not install driver software for device

Date
21/01/2009 19:22

Status
Report Sent

Description
Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your
Unknown Device

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError
Architecture: x86
Win32 error: 00000002
Inf name: wpdfs.inf
Driver Package hash: 32891bf318c92599c1eed99b00c71c2cd2b670d8
DDInstall section name: Basic_Install
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 187690208
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: problem to install HP all in one C3180
Disconnect the printer from the PC and all other USB devices. Go into
Device Manager and delete (uninstall) the USB Controllers. Reboot the PC.
Windows should refind and reinstall the USB Controllers automatically.

Install the software for the printer and do not connect it to the PC until
the software tells you to do so.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"lap" <lap1974_sen@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> it's not even displayed as a printer so I have nothing to uninstall. I
> even tried the full software package in vain. It detects the device
> when I plug it, locates the drivers but fails to install it without
> mentioning any reason. The evnt viewer does not give much information
> either. I went into the problem reports and solutions and viewed in
> details what's wrong but I am unable to understand precisely and
> mainly what I have to do. Maybe some of you could help me? That's a
> copy of the console for two most common problems I have in the list,
> following ...would you think of a BIOS thing? Thanks in advance
>
> Product
> Driver software installation
>
> Problem
> Could not install driver software for device
>
> Date
> 21/01/2009 19:21
>
> Status
> Report Sent
>
> Description
> Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your
> Photosmart C3100 series
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError
> Architecture: x86
> Win32 error: 00000002
> Inf name: usbprint.inf
> Driver Package hash: 008ac507a7b06de65453f5aa3fbab2433f36b5a3
> DDInstall section name: USBPRINT_Inst
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 2057
>
> Extra information about the problem
> Bucket ID: 200669665
> Product
> Driver software installation
>
> Problem
> Could not install driver software for device
>
> Date
> 21/01/2009 19:22
>
> Status
> Report Sent
>
> Description
> Windows encountered a problem while installing device drivers for your
> Unknown Device
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: PnPDriverInstallError
> Architecture: x86
> Win32 error: 00000002
> Inf name: wpdfs.inf
> Driver Package hash: 32891bf318c92599c1eed99b00c71c2cd2b670d8
> DDInstall section name: Basic_Install
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 2057
>
> Extra information about the problem
> Bucket ID: 187690208

lap

On 8 Feb, 17:15, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)" <newsgro...@coribright.com> wrote:
> Disconnect the printer from the PC and all other USB devices. *Go into
> Device Manager and delete (uninstall) the USB Controllers. *Reboot the PC.
> Windows should refind and reinstall the USB Controllers automatically.
>
> Installthe software for the printer and do not connect it to the PC until
> the software tells you to do so.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imagingwww.coribright.com/windows

Thanks for that. I'll try asap but the usb ports seem to work well to
read files from USB sticks. Is it not enough to draw the conclusion
that the usb ports are ok? Could it be misleading?

It made me think of another issue in which I went to device manager
and deleted some unknown bluetooth device so that it could reinstall
them at reboot. It had failed and I eventually turned it off as I
don't use it. This way it does not prompt me anymore to find their
drivers...
lap

Re: problem to install HP all in one C3180
I'm afraid it did not work. I had uninstalled all usb controllers then
did scan for hardware change and it reinstalled eveything as you
stipulated. Then I ran that file to install the printer but in vain
with the same problem and message. Could it be something in registry?