Fatal Error installing HP Printer

bsharp11

Fatal Error installing HP Printer

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Running Vista Home
Basic and tryin to install an HO Officejet Pro L7580. Have tried the
installation CD for Vista and the HP online download. Either way i get
to 94% complete and get a Fatal Error message. The install reverses and
removes the files then restarts the computer. Spent several hours on
phone with HP and got no where. They sent me to Toshiba and they wanted
me to do a system restore which I am not inclined to do to simply
install a printer.
At this point i am stuck. I have the printer working on another laptop
running XP with no problem.
The installation creates an error log that has this in the detail:

Now Launching+X:\hpzwrp01.exe -m dpinstxml_vista -1XXX -f
X:\hpwins05.dat-Validate No dat-Validate No =Application did not return
ERROR_SUCCESS. Returned 0x643 Exit Code=1603

Please help!!!!

--
bsharp11
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Fatal Error installing HP Printer
A System Restore just takes you back a couple of days to (hopefully) when
the notebook worked corrected. It's a System RECOVERY or System REPAIR that
takes you all the way back to when the hard-drive left their facilities.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"bsharp11" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Running Vista Home
> Basic and tryin to install an HO Officejet Pro L7580. Have tried the
> installation CD for Vista and the HP online download. Either way i get
> to 94% complete and get a Fatal Error message. The install reverses and
> removes the files then restarts the computer. Spent several hours on
> phone with HP and got no where. They sent me to Toshiba and they wanted
> me to do a system restore which I am not inclined to do to simply
> install a printer.
> At this point i am stuck. I have the printer working on another laptop
> running XP with no problem.
> The installation creates an error log that has this in the detail:
>
> Now Launching+X:\hpzwrp01.exe -m dpinstxml_vista -1XXX -f
> X:\hpwins05.dat-Validate No dat-Validate No =Application did not return
> ERROR_SUCCESS. Returned 0x643 Exit Code=1603
>
> Please help!!!!
>

> --
> bsharp11

davidovp is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Fatal Error installing HP Printer
I realize this thread is old, but the article below should help you fix your HP printer driver problem.

Fatal Error 2753 HP Printer Driver Solution

-Phil

ezpar722 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Fatal Error installing HP Printer
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidovp View Post
I realize this thread is old, but the article below should help you fix your HP printer driver problem.

Fatal Error 2753 HP Printer Driver Solution

-Phil
For anyone who has the "Fatal error during there printer software install, look at this site.

Three Ways to Uninstall and Reinstall Hewlett-Packard Printer/Scanner Software

Three Ways to Uninstall and Reinstall Hewlett-Packard Printer/Scanner Software

I wasted three days trying to get the printer to download the drivers from HP.

Basically you need to remove all HP files on you system and then load the software from the web site

24/7 Online support for HP's Home and Home Office Products - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

I used the option:

I DON'T WANT IT TO FAIL – HP Uninstall/Reinstall

Merry Christmas