Solved - HP LaserJet 1000 for Vista

db `.. >

Solved - HP LaserJet 1000 for Vista
If Vista no longer or hasn't been able to install your trusty Laser Jet 1000 printer driver, then you are not alone.

The solution is to connect a slower 1.0 USB Hub in between the LaserJet 1000 and Vista.

For my particular resolution a Belkin F5U021 USB Hub was the key to success.

Once the hub was connected, Vista expeditiously recognized and automatically installed the HP Laser Jet 1000 driver, created for
WinXP.

Printing to and from the Laser Jet 1000 is now as normal and proficient in Vista as it was for WinXP.

The chatter that Vista cannot recognize host based printers or the drivers may be misleading because it certainly cannot apply to my
Vista and HP Laser Jet 1000 scenario.

--

db`...><)))>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

tags: db, lj1000, laserjet1000, laser jet 1000

db `.. >

Re: Solved - HP LaserJet 1000 for Vista
http://shopperben.blogspot.com/2009/...-solution.html

--

" db `.. ><)))>` .. ." <databaseben at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
> If Vista no longer or hasn't been able to install your trusty Laser Jet 1000 printer driver, then you are not alone.
>
> The solution is to connect a slower 1.0 USB Hub in between the LaserJet 1000 and Vista.
>
> For my particular resolution a Belkin F5U021 USB Hub was the key to success.
>
> Once the hub was connected, Vista expeditiously recognized and automatically installed the HP Laser Jet 1000 driver, created for
> WinXP.
>

> Printing to and from the Laser Jet 1000 is now as normal and proficient in Vista as it was for WinXP.
>

> The chatter that Vista cannot recognize host based printers or the drivers may be misleading because it certainly cannot apply to
> my Vista and HP Laser Jet 1000 scenario.
>

> --
>
> db`...><)))>
> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
> - Systems Analyst
> - Database Developer
> - Accountancy
> - Veteran of the Armed Forces
>

> tags: db, lj1000, laserjet1000, laser jet 1000

doonser

RE: Solved - HP LaserJet 1000 for Vista

Well, you got lucky, or else did something else beside use that hub. I
tried 2 different slower hubs and neither worked. I'm using Vista x64. Maybe
you're using the 32 bit version. Or else the difference is these were 1.1
hubs, not 1.0. Could that account for the difference? Anyway, please crow
less loudly, it didn't work for me.

"db ´¯`·.. ><)))º>` .. ." wrote:

> If Vista no longer or hasn't been able to install your trusty Laser Jet 1000 printer driver, then you are not alone.
>
> The solution is to connect a slower 1.0 USB Hub in between the LaserJet 1000 and Vista.
>
> For my particular resolution a Belkin F5U021 USB Hub was the key to success.
>
> Once the hub was connected, Vista expeditiously recognized and automatically installed the HP Laser Jet 1000 driver, created for
> WinXP.
>

> Printing to and from the Laser Jet 1000 is now as normal and proficient in Vista as it was for WinXP.
>

> The chatter that Vista cannot recognize host based printers or the drivers may be misleading because it certainly cannot apply to my
> Vista and HP Laser Jet 1000 scenario.
>

> --
>
> db`...><)))>
> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
> - Systems Analyst
> - Database Developer
> - Accountancy
> - Veteran of the Armed Forces
>

> tags: db, lj1000, laserjet1000, laser jet 1000

jmkjmk

Re: Solved - HP LaserJet 1000 for Vista

Does your turnaround work in Vista 32 bits or Vista 64 bits (to run HP
Laserjet on Vista) ?

--
jmkjmk
ePA

db `.. >;936445 Wrote:
> If Vista no longer or hasn't been able to install your trusty Laser Jet
> 1000 printer driver, then you are not alone.
>
> The solution is to connect a slower 1.0 USB Hub in between the LaserJet
> 1000 and Vista.
>
> For my particular resolution a Belkin F5U021 USB Hub was the key to
> success.
>
> Once the hub was connected, Vista expeditiously recognized and
> automatically installed the HP Laser Jet 1000 driver, created for
> WinXP.
>

> Printing to and from the Laser Jet 1000 is now as normal and proficient
> in Vista as it was for WinXP.
>

> The chatter that Vista cannot recognize host based printers or the
> drivers may be misleading because it certainly cannot apply to my
> Vista and HP Laser Jet 1000 scenario.
>

> --
>
> db`...><)))>
> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
> - Systems Analyst
> - Database Developer
> - Accountancy
> - Veteran of the Armed Forces
>

> tags: db, lj1000, laserjet1000, laser jet 1000

Did you system recognize this printer by plugging it in with USB hub
1.0 or did you complete the add to printer function? I have not been
able to get windows to allow "ini" file to be loaded from the driver
download as it keeps coming up as incompatiable with windows vista x64

--
ePA
doonser

RE: Solved - HP LaserJet 1000 for Vista
Did you not read my reply?

"db ´¯`·.. ><)))º>` .. ." wrote:

> If Vista no longer or hasn't been able to install your trusty Laser Jet 1000 printer driver, then you are not alone.
>
> The solution is to connect a slower 1.0 USB Hub in between the LaserJet 1000 and Vista.
>
> For my particular resolution a Belkin F5U021 USB Hub was the key to success.
>
> Once the hub was connected, Vista expeditiously recognized and automatically installed the HP Laser Jet 1000 driver, created for
> WinXP.
>

> Printing to and from the Laser Jet 1000 is now as normal and proficient in Vista as it was for WinXP.
>

> The chatter that Vista cannot recognize host based printers or the drivers may be misleading because it certainly cannot apply to my
> Vista and HP Laser Jet 1000 scenario.
>

> --
>
> db`...><)))>
> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
> - Systems Analyst
> - Database Developer
> - Accountancy
> - Veteran of the Armed Forces
>

> tags: db, lj1000, laserjet1000, laser jet 1000

jmkjmk

Re: Solved - HP LaserJet 1000 for Vista

Yes, I did read your answer several times but I am not english native
and I am not a techno guru so there may be something I did not catch.
You say that yoy are using the WinXP driver which is certainly 32 bits.
Can a 32 bits program run on a 64 bits CPU ? i don't know
So please, be clearer

--
jmkjmk
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Solved - HP LaserJet 1000 for Vista
No 32bit print drivers are not loaded by the x64 spooler service for device
installs or rendering.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team