runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Error

BillyJazz

runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Error
I am running Windows Vista Home Basic SP1. Recently installed programs to
work with Palm smart phone. After install I began receiving this error
message
Visual C++ Runtime Error
Program: C:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe

The program caused the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way....

Other symptoms include not being able to add a printer(which by the way have
disappeared from my printer list) because the installer responds that the
Print Spooler is not running. Try starting print spooler and get the runtime
error message again. All the posts I have seen do not relate to this program
or are unanswered.

Any direction would be appreciated. Would like to just reinstall Print
Spooler and not complete Vista system.
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Error
perform a system restore before the other software install.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"BillyJazz" <BillyJazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Windows Vista Home Basic SP1. Recently installed programs to
> work with Palm smart phone. After install I began receiving this error
> message
> Visual C++ Runtime Error
> Program: C:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe
>
> The program caused the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way....
>
> Other symptoms include not being able to add a printer(which by the way
> have
> disappeared from my printer list) because the installer responds that the
> Print Spooler is not running. Try starting print spooler and get the
> runtime
> error message again. All the posts I have seen do not relate to this
> program
> or are unanswered.
>
> Any direction would be appreciated. Would like to just reinstall Print
> Spooler and not complete Vista system.

BillyJazz

Re: runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Error
Had no system restore on computer that was before software install.

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> perform a system restore before the other software install.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "BillyJazz" <BillyJazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running Windows Vista Home Basic SP1. Recently installed programs to
> > work with Palm smart phone. After install I began receiving this error
> > message
> > Visual C++ Runtime Error
> > Program: C:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe
> >
> > The program caused the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way....
> >
> > Other symptoms include not being able to add a printer(which by the way
> > have
> > disappeared from my printer list) because the installer responds that the
> > Print Spooler is not running. Try starting print spooler and get the
> > runtime
> > error message again. All the posts I have seen do not relate to this
> > program
> > or are unanswered.
> >
> > Any direction would be appreciated. Would like to just reinstall Print
> > Spooler and not complete Vista system.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Error
did the smartphone software add printer drivers? Take a look in the
registry under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print

Also look at the Print Spooler service in services.msc and see if there was
some smartphone dependency added.

Bruce has some instructions on removing print drivers

news61A9A1C-08BA-40E2-9449-6395FC189586@microsoft.com...
> Had no system restore on computer that was before software install.
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> perform a system restore before the other software install.
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "BillyJazz" <BillyJazz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am running Windows Vista Home Basic SP1. Recently installed programs
>> > work with Palm smart phone. After install I began receiving this error
>> > message
>> > Visual C++ Runtime Error
>> > Program: C:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe
>> >
>> > The program caused the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way....
>> >
>> > Other symptoms include not being able to add a printer(which by the way
>> > have
>> > disappeared from my printer list) because the installer responds that
>> > the
>> > Print Spooler is not running. Try starting print spooler and get the
>> > runtime
>> > error message again. All the posts I have seen do not relate to this
>> > program
>> > or are unanswered.
>> >
>> > Any direction would be appreciated. Would like to just reinstall Print
>> > Spooler and not complete Vista system.

BillyJazz

Re: runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Error
I am guessing that it or one of the other software programs my wife was
installing did. I followed the directions listed on this site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757. The system was rebooted and the
error did not occur and I was able to install the printer driver for the only
printer I have the Canon MX850. Thanks for working with me on this.