Hello anybody there?? :-)

Matt

Hello anybody there?? :-)
Subject: Thunking Spooler APIS from 32 to 64 process has stopped working
1/3/2009 10:30 PM PST

By: Matt In: microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan

Hi
I have been reading alot of forums with lots of people having the same
problem as we are where when trying to print to a network printer with vista
64 bit edition the following error occurs "Thunking Spooler APIS from 32 to
64 process has stopped working". The only solution that seems to be given
everywhere is from the same person Alan Morris from the Windows Printing Team
where he asks if running Vista Sp1 and also points to the hotfix kb941962
which doesn't seem to solve anyones problems as that is normally where the
threads go dead after they reply that they have Sp1...
We have Sp1 and have tried the hotfix. We've also tried what everyone else
has tried which is reinstalling the network printers and drivers.
Details of error
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: splwow64.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549c865
Fault Module Name: x2rpclAP.dll
Fault Module Version: 5043.900.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 46e9498b

thanks for any help you can provide

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Hello anybody there?? :-)
the same old guy

this driver is causing the failure

x2rpclAP.dll

I assume this is one of the print driver files since it is not included in
the OS.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Subject: Thunking Spooler APIS from 32 to 64 process has stopped working
> 1/3/2009 10:30 PM PST
>
> By: Matt In: microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
>

> Hi
> I have been reading alot of forums with lots of people having the same
> problem as we are where when trying to print to a network printer with
> vista
> 64 bit edition the following error occurs "Thunking Spooler APIS from 32
> 64 process has stopped working". The only solution that seems to be given
> everywhere is from the same person Alan Morris from the Windows Printing
> Team
> where he asks if running Vista Sp1 and also points to the hotfix kb941962
> which doesn't seem to solve anyones problems as that is normally where the
> threads go dead after they reply that they have Sp1...
> We have Sp1 and have tried the hotfix. We've also tried what everyone else
> has tried which is reinstalling the network printers and drivers.
> Details of error
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: splwow64.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Application Timestamp: 4549c865
> Fault Module Name: x2rpclAP.dll
> Fault Module Version: 5043.900.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 46e9498b
>
> thanks for any help you can provide

Matt

Re: Hello anybody there?? :-)
Hi Alan
lol same old guy - found out that it is caused by a virus's
so it turns out that my 2 most hated things about computers combined,
printers and virus's :-)
thanks

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> the same old guy
>

> this driver is causing the failure
>
> x2rpclAP.dll
>
> I assume this is one of the print driver files since it is not included in
> the OS.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Subject: Thunking Spooler APIS from 32 to 64 process has stopped working
> > 1/3/2009 10:30 PM PST
> >
> > By: Matt In: microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
> >

> > Hi
> > I have been reading alot of forums with lots of people having the same
> > problem as we are where when trying to print to a network printer with
> > vista
> > 64 bit edition the following error occurs "Thunking Spooler APIS from 32
> > 64 process has stopped working". The only solution that seems to be given
> > everywhere is from the same person Alan Morris from the Windows Printing
> > Team
> > where he asks if running Vista Sp1 and also points to the hotfix kb941962
> > which doesn't seem to solve anyones problems as that is normally where the
> > threads go dead after they reply that they have Sp1...
> > We have Sp1 and have tried the hotfix. We've also tried what everyone else
> > has tried which is reinstalling the network printers and drivers.
> > Details of error
> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> > Application Name: splwow64.exe
> > Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> > Application Timestamp: 4549c865
> > Fault Module Name: x2rpclAP.dll
> > Fault Module Version: 5043.900.0.0
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 46e9498b
> >
> > thanks for any help you can provide

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Hello anybody there?? :-)
Not to get too personal, but which virus and which software application
removed it?

thanks