Challenges installing HP 7580 software wirelessly...

Bodene53

Challenges installing HP 7580 software wirelessly...
Hello and TIA for input and advice on this one. I originally installed the
AIO software on my Lenovo laptop with Vista business and had to reinstall the
program. I can only get to step 3/4 94% before receiving an install error (no
codes) and I have to go through the uninstall process. I have tried HP help
desk who cannot help, I have tried Lenovo who cannot help, they all say it is
something in the register. What have I done? Below is a portion of the error
log dealing with the failure point:

INFO: Installing INF file 'e:\hpwscu01.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO: Could not open file
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\hpw scu01.inf_fb0ca3b6\hpwscu01.inf. (Error code 0x2: The system cannot find the file specified.)
ERROR: PnP Install failed. (Error code 0x3EE: The volume for a file has
been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.)
INFO: Attempting to rollback ...

I have used the uninstall program on the disk. I Am using the file
downloaded from the HP site as well and not the disk. I can load the program
through using an USB connection, yet cannot use the program in order to print
wirelessly.

Thanks for any help or guidance provided. If you need more info from me in
order to help with this, please let me know.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Challenges installing HP 7580 software wirelessly...
Before you start to run the HP software, right click on it and Run As
Administrator. This may help with any permissions problems.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Bodene53" <Bodene53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello and TIA for input and advice on this one. I originally installed the
> AIO software on my Lenovo laptop with Vista business and had to reinstall
> the
> program. I can only get to step 3/4 94% before receiving an install error
> (no
> codes) and I have to go through the uninstall process. I have tried HP
> help
> desk who cannot help, I have tried Lenovo who cannot help, they all say it
> is
> something in the register. What have I done? Below is a portion of the
> error
> log dealing with the failure point:
>
> INFO: Installing INF file 'e:\hpwscu01.inf' (Plug and Play).
> INFO: Could not open file
> C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\hpw scu01.inf_fb0ca3b6\hpwscu01.inf.
> (Error code 0x2: The system cannot find the file specified.)
> ERROR: PnP Install failed. (Error code 0x3EE: The volume for a file has
> been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.)
> INFO: Attempting to rollback ...
>

> I have used the uninstall program on the disk. I Am using the file
> downloaded from the HP site as well and not the disk. I can load the
> program
> through using an USB connection, yet cannot use the program in order to
> print
> wirelessly.
>
> Thanks for any help or guidance provided. If you need more info from me in
> order to help with this, please let me know.

Bodene53

Re: Challenges installing HP 7580 software wirelessly...
Cari,

Thank you for your response. I did as indicated, "Run as Administrator" only
to receive the same results, at the install point 3/4 94%, an install error
which required me to uninstall the program from that point.

Any other thoughts, based on the error message shown below?

Thank you again,

SamuelS