Windows Fax and Scan Error Message - The message could not be sent

Nathan Goldberg

Windows Fax and Scan Error Message - The message could not be sent
I'm receiving an error message: "The message could not be sent" on the first
line and "The system cannot open the file" on the second line when I put a
bunch of phone numbers in the "to" field. It is strange because if I don't
send any faxes for an hour or so I can put 20 numbers in, but I can only put
one or two in after I've put in the 20. I'm wondering why I'm getting that
error message. I'm not sure what "file" the Windows Fax and Scan dialog box
is referring to. The file I'm trying to fax is a PDF, but as I mentioned if
I only send it to a few people it works ok from time to time. Other times it
only lets me send one or two numbers.
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Windows Fax and Scan Error Message - The message could not be sent
Rather short on detail. No idea what you're actually doing. Some basics you
need to keep in mind:
1. WFS does not support sending to multiple recipients
2. You need to print to the fax printer to render PDF files.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> I'm receiving an error message: "The message could not be sent" on the
> first
> line and "The system cannot open the file" on the second line when I put a
> bunch of phone numbers in the "to" field. It is strange because if I
> don't
> send any faxes for an hour or so I can put 20 numbers in, but I can only
> put
> one or two in after I've put in the 20. I'm wondering why I'm getting
> that
> error message. I'm not sure what "file" the Windows Fax and Scan dialog
> box
> is referring to. The file I'm trying to fax is a PDF, but as I mentioned
> if
> I only send it to a few people it works ok from time to time. Other times
> it
> only lets me send one or two numbers.

Nathan Goldberg

Re: Windows Fax and Scan Error Message - The message could not be
Is there a way to send to multiple recipients? WFS does allow you to send to
multiple recipients some times, but other times only allows one.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Rather short on detail. No idea what you're actually doing. Some basics you
> need to keep in mind:
> 1. WFS does not support sending to multiple recipients
> 2. You need to print to the fax printer to render PDF files.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Nathan Goldberg" <NathanGoldberg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:EED69905-276D-4C3B-A7E4-A80B645E5BF3@microsoft.com...
> > I'm receiving an error message: "The message could not be sent" on the
> > first
> > line and "The system cannot open the file" on the second line when I put a
> > bunch of phone numbers in the "to" field. It is strange because if I
> > don't
> > send any faxes for an hour or so I can put 20 numbers in, but I can only
> > put
> > one or two in after I've put in the 20. I'm wondering why I'm getting
> > that
> > error message. I'm not sure what "file" the Windows Fax and Scan dialog
> > box
> > is referring to. The file I'm trying to fax is a PDF, but as I mentioned
> > if
> > I only send it to a few people it works ok from time to time. Other times
> > it
> > only lets me send one or two numbers.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Windows Fax and Scan Error Message - The message could not be
No. Not reliably or consistently. Sending to more than one recipient has
always been hit or miss and always will be. It has been this way for 13
years from which I conclude that this is not a feature Microsoft intends to
provide.
--
message news:A018C888-2D90-47BB-9135-795BDAB3DF1E@microsoft.com...