Help! I accidently deleted the print spooler.

argento2665

Help! I accidently deleted the print spooler.

Does anyone know where to find a new install for the print spooler or is
there such a thing? (I feel like an idiot)

--
argento2665
barman58

Re: Help! I accidently deleted the print spooler.

Hi, argento2665 and welcome to the Vista Forums, arty:

First thing, when did this happen?

If it is a recent problem would suggest you try a system restore

'System Restore - How to - Vista Forums'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76...store-how.html)

If this does not help you can try a system File Check ...

'System Files - SFC Command - Vista Forums'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...0Maintena nce)

If all else fails ther is the repair install ...

'Repair Install For Vista '
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html)

With all these I am assuming you have a Vista install DVD if not you
can have a look at this which will enable some of the above options ...
'' (http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html)
'Create a Recovery Disc - Vista Forums'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...very-disc.html)

If this fails a reinstall may be the only option (either from original
DVD or via the restore option for laptops

--
barman58

Regards,
*Nigel*
the beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not
understand.,- frank herbert
Bob Headrick [MVP]

argento2665" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know where to find a new install for the print spooler or is
> there such a thing? (I feel like an idiot)

Is the spooler really deleted or is it just stopped? If the latter open
an elevated command window (start, type cmd.exe in the start search box,
hold control and shift and press enter). In the command window type:

Net start spooler

Regards,
Bob Headrick

Bob Holland

Re: Help! I accidently deleted the print spooler.

________
Sunday 4/11/09 10:19am
Thanks for the SMC.Exe idea, I used it.

The SMC.Exe step worked, as the computer then showed:
"The Print Spooler service is starting.
the Print Spooler service ws started successfully."
I typed: Exit.

Then I tried to print, and tried to add a printer, and rec'd a windows
message:
"Spooler Subsystem App stopped working and was closed."

Any ideas? Thanks much. Bob Holland
Email to me, if you don't mind: NiceGuy_20850 @yahoo.com
________

--
Bob Holland
brummyfan

Re: Help! I accidently deleted the print spooler.

I think you have to start the Print Spooler service in "services".
Type "services" in start search.HTH.

--
brummyfan
Bob Holland

Re: Help! I accidently deleted the print spooler.

Hi 4/12/09 12:40pm
Thanks brummyfan. I appreciate the ideas, and for your responding.
The 'Services' step and then clicking on print spooler and then
changing it to Automatic, does work but only until I try to print
something, and then again I get a windows message that the Spooler
Subsystem App has stopped.
Since I am not real good at computer geek stuff, I eventually resorted
to a Restore from a week ago, and so far, I have printed 2 tax returns
and 1 set of other forms in TaxCut, so it seems to be working. Again,
thanks for responding, and sharing.
Bob
_______

--