Ricoh Aficio 1224c Multifunction

Susie

Ricoh Aficio 1224c Multifunction
I am attempting to scan using above machine, over a network, it is connected
to the network by tcp/ip port and other comuters running xp professional are
able to scan. I am running vista ultimate on my laptop and i am able to
print to the machine but i cannot scan. There was a time it all worked so i
know it can, i have re-installed vista on recommendation from my it support
but to no avail... I am wondering if there has been an update that has
stopped it from working. My laptop is set to auto update so i can't say
exactly when they occured and as i have re-installed vista since then i have
no way of finding out!
Susie

Re: Ricoh Aficio 1224c Multifunction
They said...

"There is no obvious reason why scanning has failed on your device. The
TWAIN driver on our download site
(http://www.ricoh-support.com/enduser/downloads/) has been there since April
2007 and there have been no reports of it not working. It may help if you
completely delete the TWAIN driver, download a fresh one and reload it.

I am assuming that you can still print to it, indicating that the network
connection is ok.
You will also need to ensure that Windows Image Acquisition service is
running in your Services menu (right click My Computer - manage - services).

Unfortunately we no longer have access to a 1232C to test so I cannot
investigate further.
If you are still having problems, please contact your service support
company for further advice (and a possible field service visit).

Regards

National Support Department
Ricoh UK Ltd"

I took that as basically it wasn't their problem.

Thanks for replying.

Susie