Dell A920 Printer Offline

crimey617

Dell A920 Printer Offline

Hi,

I just purchased a Compaq Presario with Windows Vista Home Premium
pre-installed. I had previously had a Dell Dimension. I am experienceing
a prblem installing my printer and getting it to work. I have a Dell
All In One A920. I installed the software and obtained the
compatibility drivers from the Microsoft website and I have the service
pack 1 update. The computer is recoginzing the printer and I have it
set to a USB port. However, the printer appers OFFLINE no matter what I
do. When I try to print a doc, I get an error stating that there is a
problem with the computer communicating with the printer. The printer
worked just fine on my old computer so I know it's in fine working
condition. I just can't seem to get it working with Vista. How can I
get the printer to appear ONLINE and actually print a document? PLEASE
HELP!!! Thanks!

--
crimey617
Laurent S

Re: Dell A920 Printer Offline
try to disconnect everything and reconnect

does the "all-in-one centre" works ?
it seems that Microsoft did a driver for Vista
which works for the printer but not for the scan nor the zerox.

rgds