Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Hp LaserJet 3050 scanner wont work....help!!!!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2008
finger
 

Posts: n/a
Hp LaserJet 3050 scanner wont work....help!!!!

all functions work perfectly, printing, faxing, and copying.

whenever i try to scan this message pops up: " There is no
TWAIN-compliant device installed. please install one and try again"


i don't know what to do.

plrease help


--
finger
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2008
Chuck
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Hp LaserJet 3050 scanner wont work....help!!!!
The message usually means that windows does not see the scanner, or the
scanner uses an OEM driver instead of built in windows support. There may
also be a problem that is caused by the scanner driver not being installed.
A possibility is to use the trial version of Viewscan from Hamrick Software
to see if the scanner works with it.


"finger" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:7aa36f0ba7a72bd24f1a9c89790d1e00@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> all functions work perfectly, printing, faxing, and copying.
>
> whenever i try to scan this message pops up: " There is no
> TWAIN-compliant device installed. please install one and try again"
>
>
> i don't know what to do.
>
> plrease help
>
>
> --
> finger



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2008
Travis
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Hp LaserJet 3050 scanner wont work....help!!!!
On Aug 17, 10:01*pm, finger <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote:
> all functions work perfectly, printing, faxing, and copying.
>
> whenever i try to scan this message pops up: " There is no
> TWAIN-compliant device installed. please install one and try again"
>
> i don't know what to do.
>
> plrease help
>
> --
> finger


Works fine for me on my Vista 32 bit machine, but not on x64. Which
version have you got?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2008
huwyngr
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Hp LaserJet 3050 scanner wont work....help!!!!
In article <7aa36f0ba7a72bd24f1a9c89790d1e00@nntp-gateway.com>, Finger
wrote:

> all functions work perfectly, printing, faxing, and copying.
>


Do you mean if you push buttons on the device or if you use controls in
Windows

> whenever i try to scan this message pops up: " There is no
> TWAIN-compliant device installed. please install one and try again"


This, for me, has meant that Windows is not seeing my scanner.

You have not said what version of Windows you are using -- VISTA one
assumes but which version? Home Basic, Home Premium, Business ... or
Ultimate?

This is important because the Home versions do not contain the scanning
and faxing utility of the other versions of VISTA.

Please give answers to these questions since I don't understand how you
can fax or copy without using the scanner yet you say you get an error
message when scanning. Or are you successfully scanning and getting the
error message?


Hugh

Windows XP Service Pack 3 build 2600 VAOS Off Line Reader 6.3 build 1

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-02-2008
Choco
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Hp LaserJet 3050 scanner wont work....help!!!!
Hi.... I am experiencing the same thing. Only scanner that doesn't work after
I install the newest service pack from Vista. Mine is Home basic. Before this
morning update everything was working just fine



"huwyngr" wrote:

> In article <7aa36f0ba7a72bd24f1a9c89790d1e00@nntp-gateway.com>, Finger
> wrote:
>
> > all functions work perfectly, printing, faxing, and copying.
> >

>
> Do you mean if you push buttons on the device or if you use controls in
> Windows
>
> > whenever i try to scan this message pops up: " There is no
> > TWAIN-compliant device installed. please install one and try again"

>
> This, for me, has meant that Windows is not seeing my scanner.
>
> You have not said what version of Windows you are using -- VISTA one
> assumes but which version? Home Basic, Home Premium, Business ... or
> Ultimate?
>
> This is important because the Home versions do not contain the scanning
> and faxing utility of the other versions of VISTA.
>
> Please give answers to these questions since I don't understand how you
> can fax or copy without using the scanner yet you say you get an error
> message when scanning. Or are you successfully scanning and getting the
> error message?
>
>
> Hugh
>
> Windows XP Service Pack 3 build 2600 VAOS Off Line Reader 6.3 build 1
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2008
kathyt
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Hp LaserJet 3050 scanner wont work....help!!!!


"finger" wrote:

>
> all functions work perfectly, printing, faxing, and copying.
>
> whenever i try to scan this message pops up: " There is no
> TWAIN-compliant device installed. please install one and try again"
>
>
> i don't know what to do.
>
> plrease help
>
>
> --
> finger
> Did you ever get your scanner to work? How? Mine has the same problem and asks for a CD to install it. We don't have a CD.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2008
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Hp LaserJet 3050 scanner wont work....help!!!!
You can download the software from HP.com
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"kathyt" <kathyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:007CC60E-0263-4003-90A9-C0F7C10045DB@microsoft.com...
>
>
> "finger" wrote:
>
>>
>> all functions work perfectly, printing, faxing, and copying.
>>
>> whenever i try to scan this message pops up: " There is no
>> TWAIN-compliant device installed. please install one and try again"
>>
>>
>> i don't know what to do.
>>
>> plrease help
>>
>>
>> --
>> finger
>> Did you ever get your scanner to work? How? Mine has the same problem
>> and asks for a CD to install it. We don't have a CD.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hp LaserJet 3050 scanner wont work....help!!!! finger microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 6 06-15-2009 17:21
LaserJet 1200 printer installed but not scanner Jefferson2008 microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 2 04-17-2009 20:55
HP LaserJet 3050 Not Availalbe on Server 2003 from Vista betauser2007 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 08-17-2007 01:48
Treiber HP Laserjet 3050 all in one Jörg Voßbeck microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.hardware 1 06-25-2007 18:07
Scanning with Vista and HP LaserJet 3050 microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 4 02-05-2007 22:54




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:31.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120