HP P1505 Not Responding

Archquark

HP P1505 Not Responding
My wife bought a new HP quad core 64 bit computer and is attempting to print
information on her HP P1505 printer which had been given access through a
remote connection. She had previously installed the driver on the remote
office server and had been able to print on her HP P1505 at home for a day.
When she rebooted her computer the following day the printer icon still
showed on the office terminal but all efforts to print did not work. Her
office is running XP on their terminals. Any help would be appreciated.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP P1505 Not Responding
Is she running Vists 64 bit or Vista 32 bit? Did she use System Restore to
return to when it did print OK?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Archquark" <Archquark@nospam.com> wrote in message
> My wife bought a new HP quad core 64 bit computer and is attempting to
> print information on her HP P1505 printer which had been given access
> through a remote connection. She had previously installed the driver on
> the remote office server and had been able to print on her HP P1505 at
> home for a day. When she rebooted her computer the following day the
> printer icon still showed on the office terminal but all efforts to print
> did not work. Her office is running XP on their terminals. Any help would
> be appreciated.

Archquark

Re: HP P1505 Not Responding
She is running Vista Home Premium 64 bit. No she did not attempt to run
restore. She had called HP help desk to aid in installing driver originally.
They were unable to have printer work. We installed the 32 bit driver on the
remote terminal using her Dell laptop and then it worked.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> Is she running Vists 64 bit or Vista 32 bit? Did she use System Restore
> to return to when it did print OK?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Archquark" <Archquark@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> My wife bought a new HP quad core 64 bit computer and is attempting to
>> print information on her HP P1505 printer which had been given access
>> through a remote connection. She had previously installed the driver on
>> the remote office server and had been able to print on her HP P1505 at
>> home for a day. When she rebooted her computer the following day the
>> printer icon still showed on the office terminal but all efforts to print
>> did not work. Her office is running XP on their terminals. Any help would
>> be appreciated.

pengally

Re: HP P1505 Not Responding

HP P1505 and P1505n will not print from HP computer running Vista 64
Basic unless directly connected.

No matter how the printer is connected - via server/USB or via the
network - you cannot coonnect a Vista 64 machine over the network if
more than 5 computers are on the netowrk.

So HP HELP says.

My Quad Core HP Pavilion Vista 64 baisc print one page then the file
eventually quits. XP machines are fine and can print. It is a
Vista64/HP-P1505 driver issue.

--
pengally