printing from Adobe reader

rick

printing from Adobe reader
Okay, I give up... I had to load Adobe reader to view some work and I needed
to print it. When I click on "print" it tells me that before I can print or
run page setup I need to add a printer. I have a printer, it prints just fine
everywhere else but not with Adobe reader. It worked just fine with the XP
that I had.I have check the fire walls and all the other places that I know
to look. I've ask other people, they don't know either. If their is somebody
that knows how to fix this I would be most thankful.
--
rick
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: printing from Adobe reader
Are you using the print icon from the toolbar, or using File, Print.....
then ensuring you choose the right printer.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"rick" <rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Okay, I give up... I had to load Adobe reader to view some work and I
> needed
> to print it. When I click on "print" it tells me that before I can print
> or
> run page setup I need to add a printer. I have a printer, it prints just
> fine
> everywhere else but not with Adobe reader. It worked just fine with the XP
> that I had.I have check the fire walls and all the other places that I
> know
> to look. I've ask other people, they don't know either. If their is
> somebody
> that knows how to fix this I would be most thankful.
> --
> rick

Howard Kaikow

Re: printing from Adobe reader
"rick" <rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Okay, I give up... I had to load Adobe reader to view some work and I

needed
> to print it. When I click on "print" it tells me that before I can print

or
> run page setup I need to add a printer. I have a printer, it prints just

fine
> everywhere else but not with Adobe reader. It worked just fine with the XP
> that I had.I have check the fire walls and all the other places that I

know
> to look. I've ask other people, they don't know either. If their is

somebody
> that knows how to fix this I would be most thankful.

Is the printer a network printer?

I added a Brother network printer and found that some apps would not print.
I stumbled upon the following solution.

I added a PDF printer, in this case Bullzip.,
Changed the default printer to Bullzip.
Then changed the default printer to the Brother printer..
Voila! All apps now print.

The implication appears to be that Vista is not properly setting the
properties for the default printer, in my case, when only the networked
Brother printer and the microsoft XPS printer are defined.

Adding the PDF printer to the mix seems to have fixed the prtoblem.