Changing ink in Cannon Printer

Dodimay

Changing ink in Cannon Printer
I have a Cannon Pixma ip1700 printer. I just changed the ink(why do you have
to push with all your might to insert the cartridges?) Anyway, got both of
hem in and the light on top tells me they're in there right. WhenI check in
the printer properties, it still tells me both cartridges are almostempty. I
just bought these. Can someone tell me what else I might not be doing? I
would really apreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance.
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Changing ink in Cannon Printer
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:58:18 -0700, Dodimay
<Dodimay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a Cannon Pixma ip1700 printer. I just changed the ink(why do you have
> to push with all your might to insert the cartridges?) Anyway, got both of
> hem in and the light on top tells me they're in there right. WhenI check in
> the printer properties, it still tells me both cartridges are almostempty. I
> just bought these. Can someone tell me what else I might not be doing? I
> would really apreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance.

I don't know your particular printer, but the combination of "why do
you have to push with all your might to insert the cartridges?" and
"it still tells me both cartridges are almostempty" suggests to me
that you inserted them incorrectly. It should not take a lot of force.

By the way, for the future, please note that this is not a Windows
Vista question, and really doesn't belong here. You should ask a
question like this in a printing hardware newsgroup.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Tony

Re: Changing ink in Cannon Printer
Dodimay <Dodimay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>I have a Cannon Pixma ip1700 printer. I just changed the ink(why do you have
>to push with all your might to insert the cartridges?) Anyway, got both of
>hem in and the light on top tells me they're in there right. WhenI check in
>the printer properties, it still tells me both cartridges are almostempty. I
>just bought these. Can someone tell me what else I might not be doing? I
>would really apreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance.

Some Canon printers require you to reset the ink levels when you put new
cartridges in. This is done from the printer driver under the Maintenance or
similar tab.
Tony
MS MVP Printing Image

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Changing ink in Cannon Printer
Are they genuine Canon ink cartridges and not third-party refills?

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Dodimay" <Dodimay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news518C32C-7183-42A6-96D1-3852334E9534@microsoft.com...
I have a Cannon Pixma ip1700 printer. I just changed the ink(why do you have
to push with all your might to insert the cartridges?) Anyway, got both of
hem in and the light on top tells me they're in there right. WhenI check in
the printer properties, it still tells me both cartridges are almostempty. I
just bought these. Can someone tell me what else I might not be doing? I
would really apreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance.
Peter

Re: Changing ink in Cannon Printer
Did you remember to take the little plastic sealing strip off first? Are
they in the right way around?
Peter
Toronto, Canada.

> Are they genuine Canon ink cartridges and not third-party refills?
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience -
> Windows Vista Enthusiast

> "Dodimay" <Dodimay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news518C32C-7183-42A6-96D1-3852334E9534@microsoft.com...
> I have a Cannon Pixma ip1700 printer. I just changed the ink(why do you
> have
> to push with all your might to insert the cartridges?) Anyway, got both of
> hem in and the light on top tells me they're in there right. WhenI check
> in
> the printer properties, it still tells me both cartridges are almostempty.
> just bought these. Can someone tell me what else I might not be doing? I
> would really apreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance.

nathanplane

Re: Changing ink in Cannon Printer

I have HP printer, I am always use compatible ink cartridges. it is
good in terms of coat and environment.

--
nathanplane
AshleyLewis

Re: Changing ink in Cannon Printer

Peter is right because if you did not move that plastic sealing strip
then it will create problem in your printing and you can't print in
black.

--
AshleyLewis