Two-Sided Automatic Printing on 7310 with Vista?

Bennett Quillen

Two-Sided Automatic Printing on 7310 with Vista?
I have a 4-year old 7310 All-in-One HP color printer, with which I am pleased
and have used with previous operating systems to automatically print on both
sides of a page. Now, with Vista I apparently have to manually rotate each
page. Is there a "fix" this?
--
Bennett Quillen
RickyF

Re: Two-Sided Automatic Printing on 7310 with Vista?
I believe this problem first surfaced in March or April 2007. If you
search these groups for Officejet 7400 and Deskjet 6500 you should
find the solution, which is to install the Deskjet 6500 drivers and
use that for automatic duplex printing. I am guessing that the 7300
series and 7400 series drivers are similar if not identical.
Bob Headrick

Re: Two-Sided Automatic Printing on 7310 with Vista?

"Bennett Quillen" <BennettQuillen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:79F52793-0AA1-43F6-A1C7-ABE1DCAEFD68@microsoft.com...
> I have a 4-year old 7310 All-in-One HP color printer, with which I am
> pleased
> and have used with previous operating systems to automatically print on
> both
> sides of a page. Now, with Vista I apparently have to manually rotate
> each
> page. Is there a "fix" this?

There are two issues. First, Vista defaults to the duplexer "not installed"
for the 7310. Go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, Printer, right click on
the 7310, select Properties, Device Settings, Installable Options and select
"installed" for the Duplex Unit. The second issue is that the default
driver will print the back side upside down. For this issue please send me
an email with "Vista Duplex Officejet 7310" in the subject line and I will
send a patch and instructions.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging
bobh@mvps.org

RickyF

Re: Two-Sided Automatic Printing on 7310 with Vista?
@Bob
Thanks for sending along the patch for the 7410. I installed it this
morning and it works like a charm.

Do you know why HP hasn't incorporated this into the driver one can
download from their website?
merrie

Re: Two-Sided Automatic Printing on 7310 with Vista?

can you send me the patch to fix duplex printing please??? my email is
merrie@whitedoggs.com thaznk you!
[
quote=Bob Headrick;782763]"Bennett Quillen" <BennettQuillen@xxxxxx>
wrote in
message news:79F52793-0AA1-43F6-A1C7-ABE1DCAEFD68@xxxxxx>

bobh@xxxxxx

--
merrie
merrie

merrie;814243 Wrote:
> can you send me the patch to fix duplex printing please??? my email is
> merrie@whitedoggs.com thaznk you!
> [
> quote=Bob Headrick;782763]"Bennett Quillen" <BennettQuillen@xxxxxx>
> wrote in
> message news:79F52793-0AA1-43F6-A1C7-ABE1DCAEFD68@xxxxxx> > >
> > > I have a 4-year old 7310 All-in-One HP color printer, with which I am
> > > pleased
> > > and have used with previous operating systems to automatically print

> > on
> > > both
> > > sides of a page. Now, with Vista I apparently have to manually rotate
> > > each
> > > page. Is there a "fix" this? > >

> There are two issues. First, Vista defaults to the duplexer "not
> installed"
> for the 7310. Go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, Printer, right
> click on
> the 7310, select Properties, Device Settings, Installable Options and
> select
> "installed" for the Duplex Unit. The second issue is that the default
> driver will print the back side upside down. For this issue please
> send me
> an email with "Vista Duplex Officejet 7310" in the subject line and I
> will
> send a patch and instructions.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging
> bobh@xxxxxx

how do i get your email address??

--
merrie
Bob Headrick

"merrie" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> merrie;814243 Wrote:
>> can you send me the patch to fix duplex printing please??? my email is
>> merrie@whitedoggs.com thaznk you!
>> [
>> quote=Bob Headrick;782763]"Bennett Quillen" <BennettQuillen@xxxxxx>
>> wrote in
>> message news:79F52793-0AA1-43F6-A1C7-ABE1DCAEFD68@xxxxxx> > >
>> > on

>> There are two issues. First, Vista defaults to the duplexer "not
>> installed"
>> for the 7310. Go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, Printer, right
>> click on
>> the 7310, select Properties, Device Settings, Installable Options and
>> select
>> "installed" for the Duplex Unit. The second issue is that the default
>> driver will print the back side upside down. For this issue please
>> send me
>> an email with "Vista Duplex Officejet 7310" in the subject line and I
>> will
>> send a patch and instructions.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging
>> bobh@xxxxxx

> how do i get your email address??

I do not know who censored my email address, but the proper address is bobh
at mvps dot org. I will send you the patch.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging
bobh@mvps.org

merrie

Re: Two-Sided Automatic Printing on 7310 with Vista?

i got the instll duplexer done.. right clicked on the printer icon 'run
as administrator' and had to UNCHECK 'enable manual duplex' to be able
to enable the other. i have 32 bit vista. haven't been able to get the
patch on yet. sent you email. merie

--
merrie
merrie

--
merrie
merrie

Re: Two-Sided Automatic Printing on 7310 with Vista?

bob - thank you so much!!!! i've tried everything and your patch
actually worked!!! the only thing i did different is in the cd
command, i couldn't get it to work with '%' in there so i just used '\'.
thanks again, merrie i don't get why hp can't do this!! or make it
available!

--
merrie