Unable to scan and save a PDF

ASUfan2000

Unable to scan and save a PDF
I just bought an HP Officejet Pro L7555 and my OS is Vista Home Professional.

When I try to scan and save a PDF file, I keep getting a message that says
"Destination Component has stopped working (A problem caused the program to
stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a
solution is available)". A PDF file is created, but when I open the file, a
box appears that says "Adobe Reader could not open "scan0001.pdf" because it
is either not a supported file type or because the file was damaged (for
example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded".

I contacted HP, but they said that since the Microsoft Windows logo shows up
on the error message, it's a problem between Microsoft and Adobe. Yet the
Cannon multi-function I just tossed was able to scan and save a PDF...

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Unable to scan and save a PDF
I can assure HP that it's not Microsoft or Adobe, because I very recently
scanned about 40+ pages to PDF with my Canon LiDE 80 scanner.

Which application are you using to create the PDF, obviously it's not
Acrobat full version or you wouldn't have the Reader software installed as
well. I'd suggest it was the PDF creation application that is causing the
corruption.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"ASUfan2000" <ASUfan2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought an HP Officejet Pro L7555 and my OS is Vista Home
>Professional.
>
> When I try to scan and save a PDF file, I keep getting a message that says
> "Destination Component has stopped working (A problem caused the program
> stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if
> solution is available)". A PDF file is created, but when I open the file,
> box appears that says "Adobe Reader could not open "scan0001.pdf" because
> it
> is either not a supported file type or because the file was damaged (for
> example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded".
>
> I contacted HP, but they said that since the Microsoft Windows logo shows
> up
> on the error message, it's a problem between Microsoft and Adobe. Yet the
> Cannon multi-function I just tossed was able to scan and save a PDF...

a4adf

RE: Unable to scan and save a PDF
If you get a solution for this, please post it - I am having similar problem
with a HP PhotoSmart C6180 - trying to scan to Word or PDF and get Vista
error "Destination Component has stopped working."