error 1068- dependency service or group failed to start

Kiara1427

error 1068- dependency service or group failed to start
ok I have a few problems, first of all when I installed my kodak printer dock
it doesnt even show up in the "printers" file. Secondly when I try to print
anything it comes up with the error message 1068. Ive already went through
and made sure all the dependecies were on "automatic". It wont let me start
the "print spooler" it just comes up with the error message. Im using a brand
new laptop with Windows Vista, please help me!!!!
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: error 1068- dependency service or group failed to start
did you previously have a Dell or Lexmark printer installed?

If so go to the vendor website and download and run the uninstall utility
for your device.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Kiara1427" <Kiara1427@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok I have a few problems, first of all when I installed my kodak printer
> dock
> it doesnt even show up in the "printers" file. Secondly when I try to
> print
> anything it comes up with the error message 1068. Ive already went through
> and made sure all the dependecies were on "automatic". It wont let me
> start
> the "print spooler" it just comes up with the error message. Im using a
> brand
> new laptop with Windows Vista, please help me!!!!

Kiara1427

Re: error 1068- dependency service or group failed to start
yes i tried to install my lexmark printer before the kodak printer dock. I
ran the unistall utility like you said but I still cant get the "print
spooler" to start? I still recieve the same message "error 1068" also I went
back through all the dependencies, there is one that I can start "lexBce
server" when I try to it says "error 2- system cannot find the file
specified"...urgh! Now what do I do? Please help me!!!

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> did you previously have a Dell or Lexmark printer installed?
>
> If so go to the vendor website and download and run the uninstall utility
> for your device.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Kiara1427" <Kiara1427@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ok I have a few problems, first of all when I installed my kodak printer
> > dock
> > it doesnt even show up in the "printers" file. Secondly when I try to
> > print
> > anything it comes up with the error message 1068. Ive already went through
> > and made sure all the dependecies were on "automatic". It wont let me
> > start
> > the "print spooler" it just comes up with the error message. Im using a
> > brand
> > new laptop with Windows Vista, please help me!!!!

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: error 1068- dependency service or group failed to start
You need to do what a gazillion others Lexmark customers have done.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757/en-us
You cannot add a printer, and you receive printer spooler error messages

--

newsEA910D2-AF81-4050-907D-8725133C2D01@microsoft.com...
> yes i tried to install my lexmark printer before the kodak printer dock. I
> ran the unistall utility like you said but I still cant get the "print
> spooler" to start? I still recieve the same message "error 1068" also I
> went
> back through all the dependencies, there is one that I can start "lexBce
> server" when I try to it says "error 2- system cannot find the file
> specified"...urgh! Now what do I do? Please help me!!!
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> did you previously have a Dell or Lexmark printer installed?
>>
>> If so go to the vendor website and download and run the uninstall utility
>> for your device.
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "Kiara1427" <Kiara1427@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > ok I have a few problems, first of all when I installed my kodak
>> > printer
>> > dock
>> > it doesnt even show up in the "printers" file. Secondly when I try to
>> > print
>> > anything it comes up with the error message 1068. Ive already went
>> > through
>> > and made sure all the dependecies were on "automatic". It wont let me
>> > start
>> > the "print spooler" it just comes up with the error message. Im using a
>> > brand
>> > new laptop with Windows Vista, please help me!!!!

Kiara1427

Re: error 1068- dependency service or group failed to start
And what exactly did a gazillion other lexmark customers do? I went to
lexmarks website, downloaded and ran the unistall utility and it still dont
work! I dont care to use the lexmark printer, I just want to be able to use
my kodak printer dock

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> You need to do what a gazillion others Lexmark customers have done.

> You cannot add a printer, and you receive printer spooler error messages
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Kiara1427" <Kiara1427@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsEA910D2-AF81-4050-907D-8725133C2D01@microsoft.com...
> > yes i tried to install my lexmark printer before the kodak printer dock. I
> > ran the unistall utility like you said but I still cant get the "print
> > spooler" to start? I still recieve the same message "error 1068" also I
> > went
> > back through all the dependencies, there is one that I can start "lexBce
> > server" when I try to it says "error 2- system cannot find the file
> > specified"...urgh! Now what do I do? Please help me!!!
> >
> > "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> did you previously have a Dell or Lexmark printer installed?
> >>
> >> If so go to the vendor website and download and run the uninstall utility
> >> for your device.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alan Morris
> >> Windows Printing Team
> >> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

> >> rights.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: error 1068- dependency service or group failed to start
The utilities that Lexmark wrote for most of their multifunction devices
removes the Lexmark Service dependency from the spooler.

Does Lexmark require that the uninstall utility is run As administrator?

Read the instructions that Bruce provides. This does need to be performed
in admin context not just logged on as admin.

> And what exactly did a gazillion other lexmark customers do? I went to
> lexmarks website, downloaded and ran the unistall utility and it still
> dont
> work! I dont care to use the lexmark printer, I just want to be able to
> use
> my kodak printer dock
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> You need to do what a gazillion others Lexmark customers have done.

>> You cannot add a printer, and you receive printer spooler error messages
>>

>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "Kiara1427" <Kiara1427@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsEA910D2-AF81-4050-907D-8725133C2D01@microsoft.com...
>> > yes i tried to install my lexmark printer before the kodak printer
>> > dock. I
>> > ran the unistall utility like you said but I still cant get the "print
>> > spooler" to start? I still recieve the same message "error 1068" also I
>> > went
>> > back through all the dependencies, there is one that I can start
>> > "lexBce
>> > server" when I try to it says "error 2- system cannot find the file
>> > specified"...urgh! Now what do I do? Please help me!!!

Pimpinella is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: error 1068- dependency service or group failed to start
Print Spooler Error 1068 is a very common problem, i think that every system administrator has encountered this problem at least once in his career time. But not every of them know how to solve this problem. No matter what computer you use, brand new laptop with Windows Vista or something else you will face this problem. Some printer brands are doomed to this mistake. So, I'm going to help you! I have found a very good web page, which is called Print Spooler Error 1068 – How to fix it:

Print Spooler Error 1068 - How to fix it

I have not seen such good articles about this theme and such effective methods to fix Print Spooler Error 1068