Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/)
-   microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-print-fax-scan/)
-   -   Can't print (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-print-fax-scan/255367-cant-print.html)

Leslie 07-04-2008 04:43

Can't print

After doing a system recovery on my laptop, I can't print. Everything says
the printer and drivers were installed. I could print before the recovery.
If I plug USB into the laptop, it prints. When I try to print without the
cable, I don't get an error or anything, it just doesn't print. I found
something that says to /browse to the Temp folder of your user account,
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp and create a new folder and name it LOW. Then
there are other instructions. I can’t find this C:\Users, etc. Can anyone
tell me exactly how to get there? I'm using Vista. Thanx
--
Leslie

Malke 07-04-2008 13:33

Re: Can't print

Leslie wrote:

> After doing a system recovery on my laptop, I can't print. Everything
> says
> the printer and drivers were installed. I could print before the
> recovery. If I plug USB into the laptop, it prints. When I try to print
> without the cable, I don't get an error or anything, it just doesn't
> print. I found something that says to /browse to the Temp folder of your
> user account, C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp and create a new folder and
> name it LOW. Then there are other instructions. I can?t find this
> C:\Users, etc. Can anyone
> tell me exactly how to get there? I'm using Vista. Thanx

Reinstall your printer drivers without the printer attached. During the
installation routine, it will tell you when to attach the printer.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Leslie 07-04-2008 17:28

Re: Can't print

Thaank you. So, do you think or know if the laptop will still print once I
diconnect it from the printer? I'm going out of town and will try this when
I get back on Sunday. Thank you very much
--
Leslie

Malke 07-04-2008 18:05

Re: Can't print

Leslie wrote:

> Thaank you. So, do you think or know if the laptop will still print once I
> diconnect it from the printer? I'm going out of town and will try this
> when I get back on Sunday. Thank you very much

This question makes no sense to me. How can the laptop print to a
disconnected printer?

Malke

Leslie 07-06-2008 20:56

Re: Can't print

:) Wireless, I guess? I probalby need to have my daughter here to help me,
as she's the one who had it printing before the system recovery. I don't know
how she did it,but my older laptop prints to it also. I THINK she had
downloaded some stuff to a USB and used that to get it to print. She tried
the same thing after the recovery but it didn't work that time.
--
Leslie