HP printing on both sides in Vista

James

HP printing on both sides in Vista
I have an HP Laserjet 1300 and for some reason my driver won't let me print
on bothsides manually like I used to do. The vista drivers on the HP site
have not worked for me. Does anyone have a fix?
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP printing on both sides in Vista
Both posts show up now!

Look for posts from Alan Morris of Microsoft, you should find his email addy
in them and he's got the magic file!
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an HP Laserjet 1300 and for some reason my driver won't let me print
> on bothsides manually like I used to do. The vista drivers on the HP site
> have not worked for me. Does anyone have a fix?

James Gomez

Re: HP printing on both sides in Vista
Using windows mail like you suggested. Can't find the post you mean with
Alan...found lots of his other posts.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> Both posts show up now!
>
> Look for posts from Alan Morris of Microsoft, you should find his email
> addy in them and he's got the magic file!
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have an HP Laserjet 1300 and for some reason my driver won't let me
>>print
>> on bothsides manually like I used to do. The vista drivers on the HP
>> site
>> have not worked for me. Does anyone have a fix?

huwyngr

Re: HP printing on both sides in Vista
Slippy finger but the following got posted to someone else, just next
to yours at the time -- hope it helps.

In article <36FB43AC-1497-4066-8E79-B708454BDB90@microsoft.com>, James*
wrote:
*
> *I used to be able to check the box "print on*
> both sides" and the driver I had would let me do it manually. *

Under VISTA or previously say under XP?

The out of the box drivers in VISTA itself are often not fully*
featured.

What did you download from the HP website?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...wnload.jsp?lan
g=en&cc=us&prodNameId=238322&taskId=135&prodTypeId =18972&prodSeriesId=2
38320&lang=en&cc=us*

VISTA*

HP Universal Print Driver for Windows - PCL 5 4.5 1 Apr 2008 17.9MB

HP Universal Print Driver for Windows - PCL 6 4.5 1 Apr 2008 18.1MB*

XP

hp LaserJet 1150/1300 printing system 3.0 11 Mar 2004 73.9MB*

If it was the PCL driver, try PCL5 instad of PCL6

If all else fails install the XP software package -- again clean up*
first and unplug the printer -- by right mouse clicking on the
filename*that starts the installation, selecting Properties /
Compatibility / XP*with SP2 and check the Run as Administrator box if
it is there and OK*your way out.

Good luck.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP printing on both sides in Vista
His email addy is at the bottom of his postings. Just omit the online.
part.
--

"James Gomez" <jngomez@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Using windows mail like you suggested. Can't find the post you mean with
> Alan...found lots of his other posts.
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> Both posts show up now!
>>
>> Look for posts from Alan Morris of Microsoft, you should find his email
>> addy in them and he's got the magic file!
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
>> www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I have an HP Laserjet 1300 and for some reason my driver won't let me
>>>print
>>> on bothsides manually like I used to do. The vista drivers on the HP
>>> site
>>> have not worked for me. Does anyone have a fix?

James Gomez

Re: HP printing on both sides in Vista
None of those HP drivers work.

"huwyngr" <Hugh_Wyn_Griffith@simpilot.net> wrote in message
news:VA.00000665.008f0354@unspam.tampabay.rr.com.. .
> Slippy finger but the following got posted to someone else, just next
> to yours at the time -- hope it helps.
>
> In article <36FB43AC-1497-4066-8E79-B708454BDB90@microsoft.com>, James
> wrote:
>
>> I used to be able to check the box "print on
>> both sides" and the driver I had would let me do it manually.

> Under VISTA or previously say under XP?
>
> The out of the box drivers in VISTA itself are often not fully
> featured.
>
> What did you download from the HP website?
>
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...wnload.jsp?lan
> g=en&cc=us&prodNameId=238322&taskId=135&prodTypeId =18972&prodSeriesId=2
> 38320&lang=en&cc=us
>
> VISTA
>
> HP Universal Print Driver for Windows - PCL 5 4.5 1 Apr 2008 17.9MB
>
> HP Universal Print Driver for Windows - PCL 6 4.5 1 Apr 2008 18.1MB
>
> XP
>
> hp LaserJet 1150/1300 printing system 3.0 11 Mar 2004 73.9MB
>
> If it was the PCL driver, try PCL5 instad of PCL6
>
> If all else fails install the XP software package -- again clean up
> first and unplug the printer -- by right mouse clicking on the
> filename that starts the installation, selecting Properties /
> Compatibility / XP with SP2 and check the Run as Administrator box if
> it is there and OK your way out.
>
> Good luck.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: HP printing on both sides in Vista
I don't have a driver for this device. Just inkjet type devices.

DJ5550 - hpf4a63l.gpd

DJ5600 - hpf4bk3l.gpd

Digital Copoier 410 - hpo0410t.gpd

Photosmart 3100 series - hpo3x00t.gpd

Photosmart 3200 series - hpo3x00t.gpd

Photosmart 3300 series - hpo3x00t.gpd

OJ 6100 - hpo4pg3l.gpd*

OJ 7100 - hpo5h83l.gpd*

OJ 7200 - hpo7x00t.gpd

OJ 7300 - hpo7x00t.gpd

OJ 7400 - hpo7x00t.gpd

Photosmart 2600 - hpo7x00t.gpd

Photosmart 2700 - hpo7x00t.gpd

Photosmart 8100 series - hpp8x00t.gpd

Photosmart 8200 series - hpp8200t.gpd

Photosmart 8400 series - hpp8x00t.gpd

BIJ 1000 - hpw1000t.gpd

Color Ink cp1700 - hpw1b83l.gpd

BIJ 2200/2250 HPA - hpw1qi3l.gpd

BIJ 2230/2280 HPA - hpw1rc3l.gpd

DJ 9800 - hpw9800t.gpd

OfficeJet D series - hpogds3l.gpd*

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> His email addy is at the bottom of his postings. Just omit the online.
> part.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "James Gomez" <jngomez@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Using windows mail like you suggested. Can't find the post you mean with
>> Alan...found lots of his other posts.
>>

>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>>> Both posts show up now!
>>>
>>> Look for posts from Alan Morris of Microsoft, you should find his email
>>> addy in them and he's got the magic file!
>>> --
>>> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
>>> www.coribright.com/windows

James Gomez

Re: HP printing on both sides in Vista
I had some driver that worked...so frustrating that it is now gone.

In article <522C1378-6F04-428E-A7D5-DEF4D45C26B8@microsoft.com>, James
Gomez wrote:

> None of those HP drivers work.

Did you try installing the XP package using compatibility mode?