Vista Home Premium and HP Officejet 6310

DJT

Vista Home Premium and HP Officejet 6310
Hi,

I have been following this group for sometime as I wanted to setup and
occasionally use a fax modem, maybe once a year.
Having discovered thru this forum that Vista Home premium did not have
Fax facility built in like XP did, I purchased a HP Officejet 6310
when current AIO started getting noisey and appeared to be failing.

When I tried to use that fax printer driver to send a test fax the
print job just disappeared.
I can fax from glass on the AIO and can Fax thru XP.
I contacted HP Support by email and was given a long list of things to
try. None of which suceeded.
When I sent a followup I was finally advised that the fax did not work
with Vista Home Premium afterall. (HP said that it was a bug and will
let me know when it was fixed)

There is no indication on the Box the printer came in that there was a
problem with some Vista versions.

Has anyone else had a similar result as I feel that Hp was involved in
false advertising to not advise that the Fax did not work in some
Vista Versions. It is not as if Vista had only been out for a couple
of months. It has been available for about a year, plenty of time to
sort out if it worked or not

Sorry for the rant but I feel ripped off by HP

Dennis
Sinner

Re: Vista Home Premium and HP Officejet 6310

"DJT" <dtope@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have been following this group for sometime as I wanted to setup and
> occasionally use a fax modem, maybe once a year.
> Having discovered thru this forum that Vista Home premium did not have
> Fax facility built in like XP did, I purchased a HP Officejet 6310
> when current AIO started getting noisey and appeared to be failing.
>
> When I tried to use that fax printer driver to send a test fax the
> print job just disappeared.
> I can fax from glass on the AIO and can Fax thru XP.
> I contacted HP Support by email and was given a long list of things to
> try. None of which suceeded.
> When I sent a followup I was finally advised that the fax did not work
> with Vista Home Premium afterall. (HP said that it was a bug and will
> let me know when it was fixed)
>
> There is no indication on the Box the printer came in that there was a
> problem with some Vista versions.
>
> Has anyone else had a similar result as I feel that Hp was involved in
> false advertising to not advise that the Fax did not work in some
> Vista Versions. It is not as if Vista had only been out for a couple
> of months. It has been available for about a year, plenty of time to
> sort out if it worked or not
>
> Sorry for the rant but I feel ripped off by HP

Take the printer back. You're using Vista, they said it was Vista
compatible, and it's not working. Demand your money back, and by a Brother.

Larry

Re: Vista Home Premium and HP Officejet 6310
It has to be a Vista Home deal. I have the 6310 on Vista Bus. and it is
fine. If you used the Vista disc that should have been in the box, then I
agree, take it back and get your $ back. Hopefully you won't get a hassle.

news:C0k8k.11373$LL4.9900@bignews7.bellsouth.net.. .