Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Cannot cancel printer document

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2008
Paddy
 

Posts: n/a
Cannot cancel printer document
I sent a document to the printer. For some reason, it isn't printing.

So, I've deleted the document from the Printer window.

Or, rather, I've attempted to.

* Right-click; Cancel
* Printer -> Cancel All Documents
* Control Panel -> Printers -> Run as administrator -> Cancel All Documents
* Reboot the computer
* Turn the printer off and on again

Yet, still, there's the document, with status "Deleting - Printing".

And that means that nothing else will print, because it's sitting there
blocking the queue.

How can I get Vista to delete that document from the print queue?

OS: Vista Home Premium
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2008
Malke
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot cancel printer document
Paddy wrote:

> I sent a document to the printer. For some reason, it isn't printing.
>
> So, I've deleted the document from the Printer window.
>
> Or, rather, I've attempted to.
>
> * Right-click; Cancel
> * Printer -> Cancel All Documents
> * Control Panel -> Printers -> Run as administrator -> Cancel All
> Documents * Reboot the computer
> * Turn the printer off and on again
>
> Yet, still, there's the document, with status "Deleting - Printing".
>
> And that means that nothing else will print, because it's sitting there
> blocking the queue.
>
> How can I get Vista to delete that document from the print queue?
>
> OS: Vista Home Premium


Start Orb>Search box>type: cmd

When cmd appears in Results above, right-click it and choose "run as
Administrator". When the elevated command prompt box appears, type:

net stop spooler [enter]

Leave the command prompt up and go pull the plug on the printer. Go have a
cup of tea or something calming. Come back. Plug the printer back in and go
to the command prompt and type:

net start spooler [enter]

Hopefully this will take care of it.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2008
Paddy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot cancel printer document
> Start Orb>Search box>type: cmd

What is Orb?

In the meantime, the problem seems to have resolved itself. I restarted in
Safe Mode, deleted the contents of the Temp directory (I have no idea if that
made any difference), and rebooted normally.

Perhaps it's that "Go have a cup of tea or something calming" that did it!

Thanks for your reply.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2008
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot cancel printer document
Starting in Windows 95 and continuing through Windows XP, the "Start" button
was a rectangular button on the far left of the taskbar labeled "Start". In
Windows Vista, this button has been replaced with a circular icon featuring
the Windows logo. It is still the Start button, but, since it no longer
contains the word "Start" and is circular instead of rectangular, it is
often referred to as the start "Orb".

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Paddy" <Paddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5AAF310F-1D53-45AF-9312-DECE4E1261F7@microsoft.com...
> > Start Orb>Search box>type: cmd

>
> What is Orb?
>
> In the meantime, the problem seems to have resolved itself. I restarted in
> Safe Mode, deleted the contents of the Temp directory (I have no idea if

that
> made any difference), and rebooted normally.
>
> Perhaps it's that "Go have a cup of tea or something calming" that did it!
>
> Thanks for your reply.



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2008
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot cancel printer document
It's the Start button that's at the bottom left of the screen.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Paddy" <Paddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5AAF310F-1D53-45AF-9312-DECE4E1261F7@microsoft.com...
>> Start Orb>Search box>type: cmd

>
> What is Orb?
>
> In the meantime, the problem seems to have resolved itself. I restarted in
> Safe Mode, deleted the contents of the Temp directory (I have no idea if
> that
> made any difference), and rebooted normally.
>
> Perhaps it's that "Go have a cup of tea or something calming" that did it!
>
> Thanks for your reply.


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2008
Paddy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot cancel printer document
Thanks for telling what "orb" meant. It's the first time I've heard the Start
button called that.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2008
Sinner
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot cancel printer document

"Paddy" <Paddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8C35EFA0-F0AC-4F22-805C-11BE993602EC@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for telling what "orb" meant. It's the first time I've heard the
> Start
> button called that.


He spent too much time watching "The Adventures of Briso County Jr."


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2008
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot cancel printer document
No many people can make that claim. Bruce Campbell yippee.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Sinner" <sinner@gatesofhell.org> wrote in message
news:L077k.9810$PZ6.6749@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
>
> "Paddy" <Paddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:8C35EFA0-F0AC-4F22-805C-11BE993602EC@microsoft.com...
>> Thanks for telling what "orb" meant. It's the first time I've heard the
>> Start
>> button called that.

>
> He spent too much time watching "The Adventures of Briso County Jr."
>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reinstall Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer in Vista Gnavicks microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 26 11-29-2009 17:03
Printer Multiplies Document Pages by 3 Trifon microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 1 06-13-2008 09:22
Printer Multiplies Document Pages by 3 Trifon microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 0 06-13-2008 08:53




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:17.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120