Vista and my HP Laserjet 1320

service

Vista and my HP Laserjet 1320
my printer is now 3 years old. It started doing this at 2.5. I never had
problems under XP. I have updated my printer drivers three or four times.
The driver update holds for about a month and slips back to doing what it is
not supposed to do. It either does not do multiple copies and once I have
that fixed, it now doesn't collate. I had installed the postscript the same
amount of times, holds for about a month if that and then I get error
messages saying I don't have enough memory, which I know isn't true. HP
doesn't know what to do. I just sent a letter off to Steve Ballmer to get
some Vista Microsoft help since this is Vista problem. Nobody at HP knows
what to do. I've gone round and round since August 2007 on my first computer
HP bought back and when I bought this one I have now this has gone on since
January 2008. Anybody know how to fix this problem or do I have to buy a new
printer. If so, all I can say is that sucks and if Microsoft wasn't a
monoply I'd never do business with it ever again for forcing an os down the
customer's throats.
--
no signature
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista and my HP Laserjet 1320
But you do have choices... there's Linux (in all its various versions) or
there is Macintosh. It was you that decided on buying an HP PC and accepted
the operating system that it came with.

How often do you run:

Disk Defrag
Disk Cleanup
A FULL scan of your antivirus software
A FULL scan of your antispyware software

Does anyone else use your PC?

There is a fix for the duplexing issue, which you can get from Alan Morris
(on this newsgroup).
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows