Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Printer not spooling properly?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2008
Alison
 

Posts: n/a
Printer not spooling properly?
Hi, my HP3940 isn't printing. When I send a document to print it will show
briefly in the printer folder with the message saying spooling then
everything disappears and nothing happens.

Have tried restarting spooler but nothing seems to rectify. Printer says
that it is ready but can't seem to get anything to get as far as the printer.

Any ideas?

Alison
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2008
Alison
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Printer not spooling properly?
Very confused now!
Have just run the HP diagnostic tool for the printer. It didn't come up
with any problems. Sent a test print page to the printer - no problems -
Hooray - or so I thought! Tried to print a page off the internet (all I want
to do) and the same thing happens as before, it says spooling and then
disappears.

What is going on!!!

"Alison" wrote:

> Hi, my HP3940 isn't printing. When I send a document to print it will show
> briefly in the printer folder with the message saying spooling then
> everything disappears and nothing happens.
>
> Have tried restarting spooler but nothing seems to rectify. Printer says
> that it is ready but can't seem to get anything to get as far as the printer.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Alison

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2008
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printer not spooling properly?
If you are using IE7 and have AVG or Avast! antivirus, it is one of those
applications that are breaking the printer function. If you are using IE7,
check for an update to HP Director. If you are using AVG or Avast, change
to another antivirus product or use Firefox as your browser
(www.firefox.com). This is NOT a printing issue, as you will find that all
your other applications print correctly.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Alison" <Alison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8B5D0CCB-E21B-4A90-803B-9D2BABB884B7@microsoft.com...
> Very confused now!
> Have just run the HP diagnostic tool for the printer. It didn't come up
> with any problems. Sent a test print page to the printer - no problems -
> Hooray - or so I thought! Tried to print a page off the internet (all I
> want
> to do) and the same thing happens as before, it says spooling and then
> disappears.
>
> What is going on!!!
>
> "Alison" wrote:
>
>> Hi, my HP3940 isn't printing. When I send a document to print it will
>> show
>> briefly in the printer folder with the message saying spooling then
>> everything disappears and nothing happens.
>>
>> Have tried restarting spooler but nothing seems to rectify. Printer says
>> that it is ready but can't seem to get anything to get as far as the
>> printer.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Alison


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2008
Alison
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printer not spooling properly?
I have managed to print out a word document, so it may well be the problem.
I tried disabling avg and printing and nothing happened. I assume that I
will have to uninstall avg compeletely for me to get the printer to work. I
am running vista - any recommendations for a replacement antivirus?

Alison

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> If you are using IE7 and have AVG or Avast! antivirus, it is one of those
> applications that are breaking the printer function. If you are using IE7,
> check for an update to HP Director. If you are using AVG or Avast, change
> to another antivirus product or use Firefox as your browser
> (www.firefox.com). This is NOT a printing issue, as you will find that all
> your other applications print correctly.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Alison" <Alison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:8B5D0CCB-E21B-4A90-803B-9D2BABB884B7@microsoft.com...
> > Very confused now!
> > Have just run the HP diagnostic tool for the printer. It didn't come up
> > with any problems. Sent a test print page to the printer - no problems -
> > Hooray - or so I thought! Tried to print a page off the internet (all I
> > want
> > to do) and the same thing happens as before, it says spooling and then
> > disappears.
> >
> > What is going on!!!
> >
> > "Alison" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, my HP3940 isn't printing. When I send a document to print it will
> >> show
> >> briefly in the printer folder with the message saying spooling then
> >> everything disappears and nothing happens.
> >>
> >> Have tried restarting spooler but nothing seems to rectify. Printer says
> >> that it is ready but can't seem to get anything to get as far as the
> >> printer.
> >>
> >> Any ideas?
> >>
> >> Alison

>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2008
Alison
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printer not spooling properly?
Right, have learnt that this is an IE7 issue. If I turn off the protection
on the internet when I want to print the computer will oblige. Just need to
wait for microsoft to work out a fix for the glitch! Does anyone think that
I should still get rid of AVG?

"Alison" wrote:

> I have managed to print out a word document, so it may well be the problem.
> I tried disabling avg and printing and nothing happened. I assume that I
> will have to uninstall avg compeletely for me to get the printer to work. I
> am running vista - any recommendations for a replacement antivirus?
>
> Alison
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > If you are using IE7 and have AVG or Avast! antivirus, it is one of those
> > applications that are breaking the printer function. If you are using IE7,
> > check for an update to HP Director. If you are using AVG or Avast, change
> > to another antivirus product or use Firefox as your browser
> > (www.firefox.com). This is NOT a printing issue, as you will find that all
> > your other applications print correctly.
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> > www.coribright.com/windows
> >
> > "Alison" <Alison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:8B5D0CCB-E21B-4A90-803B-9D2BABB884B7@microsoft.com...
> > > Very confused now!
> > > Have just run the HP diagnostic tool for the printer. It didn't come up
> > > with any problems. Sent a test print page to the printer - no problems -
> > > Hooray - or so I thought! Tried to print a page off the internet (all I
> > > want
> > > to do) and the same thing happens as before, it says spooling and then
> > > disappears.
> > >
> > > What is going on!!!
> > >
> > > "Alison" wrote:
> > >
> > >> Hi, my HP3940 isn't printing. When I send a document to print it will
> > >> show
> > >> briefly in the printer folder with the message saying spooling then
> > >> everything disappears and nothing happens.
> > >>
> > >> Have tried restarting spooler but nothing seems to rectify. Printer says
> > >> that it is ready but can't seem to get anything to get as far as the
> > >> printer.
> > >>
> > >> Any ideas?
> > >>
> > >> Alison

> >

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2008
Cari \(MS-MVP\)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printer not spooling properly?
I keep protected mode turned ON and use NOD32 as my antivirus solution.
(www.eset.com)
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Alison" <Alison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:118CADF4-11E2-44CF-B7C0-0488312AFF85@microsoft.com...
> Right, have learnt that this is an IE7 issue. If I turn off the
> protection
> on the internet when I want to print the computer will oblige. Just need
> to
> wait for microsoft to work out a fix for the glitch! Does anyone think
> that
> I should still get rid of AVG?
>
> "Alison" wrote:
>
>> I have managed to print out a word document, so it may well be the
>> problem.
>> I tried disabling avg and printing and nothing happened. I assume that I
>> will have to uninstall avg compeletely for me to get the printer to work.
>> I
>> am running vista - any recommendations for a replacement antivirus?
>>
>> Alison
>>
>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>>
>> > If you are using IE7 and have AVG or Avast! antivirus, it is one of
>> > those
>> > applications that are breaking the printer function. If you are using
>> > IE7,
>> > check for an update to HP Director. If you are using AVG or Avast,
>> > change
>> > to another antivirus product or use Firefox as your browser
>> > (www.firefox.com). This is NOT a printing issue, as you will find that
>> > all
>> > your other applications print correctly.
>> > --
>> > Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
>> > www.coribright.com/windows
>> >
>> > "Alison" <Alison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > news:8B5D0CCB-E21B-4A90-803B-9D2BABB884B7@microsoft.com...
>> > > Very confused now!
>> > > Have just run the HP diagnostic tool for the printer. It didn't come
>> > > up
>> > > with any problems. Sent a test print page to the printer - no
>> > > problems -
>> > > Hooray - or so I thought! Tried to print a page off the internet
>> > > (all I
>> > > want
>> > > to do) and the same thing happens as before, it says spooling and
>> > > then
>> > > disappears.
>> > >
>> > > What is going on!!!
>> > >
>> > > "Alison" wrote:
>> > >
>> > >> Hi, my HP3940 isn't printing. When I send a document to print it
>> > >> will
>> > >> show
>> > >> briefly in the printer folder with the message saying spooling then
>> > >> everything disappears and nothing happens.
>> > >>
>> > >> Have tried restarting spooler but nothing seems to rectify. Printer
>> > >> says
>> > >> that it is ready but can't seem to get anything to get as far as the
>> > >> printer.
>> > >>
>> > >> Any ideas?
>> > >>
>> > >> Alison
>> >


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XP desktop printer networked to VISTA laptop - adding printer error Patrycja microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 2 06-10-2009 07:59
Article ID: 940523 A printer driver installation fails, or the printer does not work correctly when you use the Add Printer Driver wizard to update the driver in Windows Vista KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Spooling-but not Printing Geneva2007 microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 1 08-21-2007 21:58
Spooling error Danielle microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 1 06-12-2007 18:53
Cam won't work properly =?Utf-8?B?VGFsbHk=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 02-24-2007 06:43




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:39.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120