HP Officejet 6310 AIO Fax

DJT

HP Officejet 6310 AIO Fax

I tried to send a test fax with this printer running Vista Home
Premium.
When selcting the fax printer the job shows in the print queue and is
then deleted without being sent.

I cannot find any method of entering the fax no and any details before
sending to fax printer.
I know that Vista Home Premium has no Fax facility but I thought that
HP would supply a driver capable of sending a Fax.

Were is the best way to try and resove this HP or Microsoft

Any suggestions

Thanks

DJT
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Re: HP Officejet 6310 AIO Fax
As you point out, Windows Fax and Scan is not included with Vista Home
Premium. The faxing software for your OfficeJet is manufactured by HP, not
Microsoft, therefore, HP is the only one that might have a solution.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"DJT" <dtope@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message

> I tried to send a test fax with this printer running Vista Home
> Premium.
> When selcting the fax printer the job shows in the print queue and is
> then deleted without being sent.
>
> I cannot find any method of entering the fax no and any details before
> sending to fax printer.
> I know that Vista Home Premium has no Fax facility but I thought that
> HP would supply a driver capable of sending a Fax.
>
> Were is the best way to try and resove this HP or Microsoft
>
> Any suggestions
>
> Thanks
>

> DJT

Mark

Re: HP Officejet 6310 AIO Fax
I have a HP officejet 6200 with vista ultimate which should work with the
scan / fax but it doesn't. Hp is no help, they tell me to reload printer
software. After about 7 times I'm looking at a Canon printer. The scan /
fax worked with XP, but after I upgraded to vista ultimate, no more scan or
fax!

Marc

"Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:

> As you point out, Windows Fax and Scan is not included with Vista Home
> Premium. The faxing software for your OfficeJet is manufactured by HP, not
> Microsoft, therefore, HP is the only one that might have a solution.
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "DJT" <dtope@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message
> >
> > I tried to send a test fax with this printer running Vista Home
> > Premium.
> > When selcting the fax printer the job shows in the print queue and is
> > then deleted without being sent.
> >
> > I cannot find any method of entering the fax no and any details before
> > sending to fax printer.
> > I know that Vista Home Premium has no Fax facility but I thought that
> > HP would supply a driver capable of sending a Fax.
> >
> > Were is the best way to try and resove this HP or Microsoft
> >
> > Any suggestions
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > DJT

Sinner

Re: HP Officejet 6310 AIO Fax

>> > I tried to send a test fax with this printer running Vista Home
>> > Premium.
>> > When selcting the fax printer the job shows in the print queue and is
>> > then deleted without being sent.
>> >
>> > I cannot find any method of entering the fax no and any details before
>> > sending to fax printer.
>> > I know that Vista Home Premium has no Fax facility but I thought that
>> > HP would supply a driver capable of sending a Fax.
>> >
>> > Were is the best way to try and resove this HP or Microsoft

Have you looked at this HP support page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...2093&lang= en

Looks like the download you're looking for.

Webner

Re: HP Officejet 6310 AIO Fax
I have tried many methods in trying to install HP printer software on
Windows Vista, including months of 'help' from HP. various guides on
Internet and sending to HP a week to install the software. 4 months after I
purchased the HP Photosmart printer C7280, the software is still not fully
installed (Control Centre won't work, fax software won't work, Photosmart
worked only after 3 months & after much effort - probably because
unsuccessful installation of HP software has upset my Windows system).
Finally HP 'offered me the help to re- format my PC and reinstall Windows
Vista' when there is nothing wrong with my PC. HP wanted to take the easy
way to have a virgin PC without any other software. So does it mean that
HP printer software may not work or cannot install on PC with some other
software or cannot co-exist with other software.

HP solution to reformat my PC is too troublesome for me to accept as all my
installed software would be gone. Worst I may even lose the software
licences as I have already installed the software before and I may not be
allowed to re-installed on a newly installed Windows Visata. The point is
there is nothing wrong with my PC or the Windows with my PC. So it is not
fair to me that HP wanted me to present them a 'virgin' PC (free of all
software
except Windows Vista) for them to install the printer software. HP claimed
that 'there are thousand of software out there that can cause problem to the
installation of HP printer software'. You think so? I think it is just red
herring, or camouflage for its poor installation software that is not
robust, that does not provide good error diagnostic messages with
accompanying automated or manual fixes or solutions. So, after 4 months
of agony, I continue to be saddled with the problem of a printer in which in
which the fax software is not working, HP scanner and the all-in-one control
center software are also not working - an incomplete printer product. HP
claims nothing with that!

I believe you and me are not alone. There are probably many others out
there facing similar dilemnas. Think carefully should you be continously
offered help from HP. Step by step, you may be led to the offer of the help
from HP to reformat your harddisk and to uproot all the effort, the data and
software that you have installed on your PC. This kind of offer of help -
is it helpful? Or is it to cover up for the inadequacy of HP installation
software? What kind of help is this? Isn't like saying to install an
electrical wire in your house, you have to rip up and renovate your whole
house. So think carefully, whether to accept the 'help' from HP.

Those who have not bought HP printer & install on Windows Vista, think
carefully the possibility that you may end up in the situation I am you.
Better option is that you buy a printer that can work on your existing PC
and co-exist with the software in the PC, and without the hassle of
re-formating your PC as required by HP for their 'help' to fully install the
printer software.

I had no problem to install the printer software on Win XP on my old PC.

"Sinner" <sinner@gatesofhell.org> wrote in message
news:1ODak.18048$AJ6.6036@bignews8.bellsouth.net.. .

> Have you looked at this HP support page:
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...2093&lang= en
>
> Looks like the download you're looking for.

Sinner

Re: HP Officejet 6310 AIO Fax
"Webner" <webner@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message

<Snipped>

> Those who have not bought HP printer & install on Windows Vista, think
> carefully the possibility that you may end up in the situation I am you.
> Better option is that you buy a printer that can work on your existing PC
> and co-exist with the software in the PC, and without the hassle of
> re-formating your PC as required by HP for their 'help' to fully install
> the
> printer software.
>
> I had no problem to install the printer software on Win XP on my old PC.

I can feel your pain. There are 3 letters in the printers model name that
would prevent me from purchasing it, "jet". Once upon a time, I owned a
DeskJet. I love my lasers.

I don't know how old this printer is, nor whether it's B/W or Color, but I
would recommend a Brother MFC-7420 laser AIO for $199 at TigerDirect. The
only Brother I ever had a problem with was a color ink-jet. They're
inexpensive, reliable and the Vista drivers work. Another feature, you can
connect 2 computers simultaneously, one in the USB port and one in the
parallel port. For an additional $50, you can get the MFC-7820N which has
an Ethernet connection also.

Believe it or not, I am not a Brother rep., but I do like their products.

--
"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I
consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!" - Kurt Vonnegut