Citizen printer PN48

leotheman

Citizen printer PN48

I have small notebook printer Citizen PN48. The driver is available in
windows XP, but not in the list in Vista Home Premium. I was told, that
the driver that works with NT will work with Vista. I need to get "inf"
printer file for PN48, but I couldnt find one. Whatever I tried to get
from Internet, was without "inf" file and I cant install it. Please help
me, I do not wish to spend $200-300 for the new one, its small, fits in
the briefcase.

Thank you

--
leotheman
Tom Lake

Re: Citizen printer PN48

"leotheman" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have small notebook printer Citizen PN48. The driver is available in
> windows XP, but not in the list in Vista Home Premium. I was told, that
> the driver that works with NT will work with Vista. I need to get "inf"
> printer file for PN48, but I couldnt find one. Whatever I tried to get
> from Internet, was without "inf" file and I cant install it. Please help
> me, I do not wish to spend $200-300 for the new one, its small, fits in
> the briefcase.
>
> Thank you

According to the Citizen Website, for Vista you have to use the

Citizen Swift 240 ESC P/2

driver that's included with Vista.

Tom Lake

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Citizen printer PN48
You can also install the XP driver if you have the XP install CD

Use Have disk in Vista

Point to XPCD\i386\ntprint.inf

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Tom Lake" <toml_12953@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "leotheman" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I have small notebook printer Citizen PN48. The driver is available in
>> windows XP, but not in the list in Vista Home Premium. I was told, that
>> the driver that works with NT will work with Vista. I need to get "inf"
>> printer file for PN48, but I couldnt find one. Whatever I tried to get
>> from Internet, was without "inf" file and I cant install it. Please help
>> me, I do not wish to spend $200-300 for the new one, its small, fits in
>> the briefcase.
>>
>> Thank you

> According to the Citizen Website, for Vista you have to use the
>
> Citizen Swift 240 ESC P/2
>
> driver that's included with Vista.
>
> Tom Lake

leotheman

Re: Citizen printer PN48

]Hi, fellas. The Swift 240 doesnt work. The Citizen support said that
LQ-850/LQ-2500 might help, but I dont have them either on my laptop.
The window CD I have its for recovery, so I dont know if the file
XPCD\i386\ntprint.inf accessible. Maybe I should uninstall the Vista and
install the XP, but I dont know how to do that.
My printer has cable with parallel connector and I have the adapter to
USB. So I instal it on USB po virtual port, not LPT. Is it right?

Thanks again

Leon

--
leotheman
leotheman

Re: Citizen printer PN48

Hi . With regards to XP cd, I found that, but Vista doesnt allow the
driver to be installed.It say access denied, printer didnt installed.

Thanks again
Leon

--
leotheman
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Citizen printer PN48
Add the driver using Add Driver

In the printers folder right click any white space
Run as Administrator
Server Properties

Drivers Tab

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> Hi . With regards to XP cd, I found that, but Vista doesnt allow the
> driver to be installed.It say access denied, printer didnt installed.
>
> Thanks again
> Leon
>

> --
> leotheman

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Citizen printer PN48
Good luck with that.

The most reliable USB to parallel conversion cable I have experienced is the
Belkin F5U002.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> ]Hi, fellas. The Swift 240 doesnt work. The Citizen support said that
> LQ-850/LQ-2500 might help, but I dont have them either on my laptop.
> The window CD I have its for recovery, so I dont know if the file
> XPCD\i386\ntprint.inf accessible. Maybe I should uninstall the Vista and
> install the XP, but I dont know how to do that.
> My printer has cable with parallel connector and I have the adapter to
> USB. So I instal it on USB po virtual port, not LPT. Is it right?
>
> Thanks again
>
> Leon
>

> --
> leotheman

leotheman

Re: Citizen printer PN48

Hi Alan.Thanks again I did succeeded to add the driver and then the
printer. Tomorrow I will try it, the printer is at work.

Leon

--
leotheman
leotheman

Re: Citizen printer PN48

Hi Alan. Its doesnt work. I shows that the printer installed, but it
doesnt print.I thought I would reinstall it again, but the printer is
not in the list of Vista printers. And I did installed it as you
suggested with administrator.I wish you were on line maybe me trying
under your watch.
Thanks alot anyway.
Leon
P.S My messenger ID is leon1989man@gmail.com

--
leotheman
leotheman

Re: Citizen printer PN48

Hi, Alan, its working. The only thing is the margins are a little
screwed. So you are genious, thanks.

Leon

--
leotheman