Sharing printer for Mac

Pate

Sharing printer for Mac
Hi!
I wonder how to share printer (correctly) in Vista Home Premium for Mac. I
have enabled LPD and made printer share. When I print some file from my
MacBook, only 64KB is "printed" to queue. Printer makes some actions but
nothing is printed.

Br. Pate

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Sharing printer for Mac
What printer do you have. I assume you have the MAC driver for the device
as well.

Are you specifying binary from the MAC, LPD service default is TEXT data
types.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Pate" <john@exaple.net> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I wonder how to share printer (correctly) in Vista Home Premium for Mac. I
> have enabled LPD and made printer share. When I print some file from my
> MacBook, only 64KB is "printed" to queue. Printer makes some actions but
> nothing is printed.
>
> Br. Pate

Pate

Re: Sharing printer for Mac
Changing from TEXT to RAW did not help.
My printer is HP PSC 1350
MAC drivers should be ok. I'm using hpijs package.
If you have some suggestion for doing the printing in another way, I would
be glad.
I also tried to change options in CUPS but it did not help.

- Pate

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> What printer do you have. I assume you have the MAC driver for the
> device as well.
>
> Are you specifying binary from the MAC, LPD service default is TEXT data
> types.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> rights.
>
> "Pate" <john@exaple.net> wrote in message
>> Hi!
>> I wonder how to share printer (correctly) in Vista Home Premium for Mac.
>> I have enabled LPD and made printer share. When I print some file from my
>> MacBook, only 64KB is "printed" to queue. Printer makes some actions but
>> nothing is printed.
>>
>> Br. Pate

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Sharing printer for Mac
Changing this setting in printer properties will not help since the binary
passthrough happens within the LPD process. The client has to send the
command to LPD or you will need to configure the LPD service. Configuring
LPD is a registry hack.

Make sure you are not using a Postscript driver from the MAC unless the PSC
actually has a PS simm installed.

Configuring Individual Printers to Passthrough LPR Print Jobs
(168457) - Beginning with Windows NT version 4.0 Service Pack 2, it is
possible to configure LPD passthrough on a per-printer basis. Prior to
service pack 2, the SimulatePassThrough registry entry affected all incoming
LPR jobs to all printers on the server....
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/168457/en-us