Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

FAIL TO SEND FAX with windows fax and scan

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2008
aking_lee
 

Posts: n/a
FAIL TO SEND FAX with windows fax and scan
hi guys,i am here in the hope of getting someone help me out.
the situation is:
PURPOSE: to send fax from my laptop
OS:vista sp1
SOFTWARE:win fax and scan
HARDWARE:think pad moden

and i am sure i have connected with a CAPABLE phone wire

the outcome: the document is pending by administrator.







--
Ningbo ETDZ Huixing Trade Co.,Ltd.
Add: 3F, No.198 Mayuan Road, Ningbo, CHINA.
Zip Code: 315012
SKYPE: aking_lee
Tel: +86-574-87026614
Fax: +86-574-87149207
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2008
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: FAIL TO SEND FAX with windows fax and scan
Post some actual information if you have a question. You posted none.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"aking_lee" <aking_lee@huixingtrade.com> wrote in message
news:%23IQOO%232xIHA.5892@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> hi guys,i am here in the hope of getting someone help me out.
> the situation is:
> PURPOSE: to send fax from my laptop
> OS:vista sp1
> SOFTWARE:win fax and scan
> HARDWARE:think pad moden
>
> and i am sure i have connected with a CAPABLE phone wire
> the outcome: the document is pending by administrator.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Ningbo ETDZ Huixing Trade Co.,Ltd.
> Add: 3F, No.198 Mayuan Road, Ningbo, CHINA.
> Zip Code: 315012
> SKYPE: aking_lee
> Tel: +86-574-87026614
> Fax: +86-574-87149207


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2008
aking_lee
 

Posts: n/a
Re: FAIL TO SEND FAX with windows fax and scan
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY.
maybe i shall try to expose the problem by explain my activity in
detail,here it goes.

1.the phone wire is switched from my under-using phone,and my telphone work
well,so i believe it would be capable in the new place.

2.i have checked the device manager, and found a modem name"thinpad modem".
even i had open it's properties and inquried it,according to the information
i googled, i am sure it's working type is "0,1"(there said to be 0,1,2 three
types)

3.i ran the windows fax and scan, chosed tools-accounts, and found this"fax
moden/local fax(default)/connected/
chosed tools-fax setting, and make sure
think pad modem is selected.

4.i tried to send a new fax
to:987149207(9 means for a outlines or distance call)
subject:test
content:this is a test fax

then i sent it and was informed
"<987149207>/987149207/none/2008-6-6/pending/line unavailable/ /local


ps:i also found my moden's communication port is COM3


FOR ANY FURTHER INFO. PL. LET ME KNOWN.


>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2008
deepak.bholusaria
 

Posts: n/a
Re: FAIL TO SEND FAX with windows fax and scan

I am sailing in same boat. I require help too.

Deepak


--
deepak.bholusaria
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2008
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: FAIL TO SEND FAX with windows fax and scan
Verify your modem is on the Vista HCL.
Create a dialing rule correctly so that you can gain an outside line before
the modem dials the number.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"aking_lee" <aking_lee@huixingtrade.com> wrote in message
news:%23wx3n33xIHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY.
> maybe i shall try to expose the problem by explain my activity in
> detail,here it goes.
>
> 1.the phone wire is switched from my under-using phone,and my telphone
> work
> well,so i believe it would be capable in the new place.
>
> 2.i have checked the device manager, and found a modem name"thinpad
> modem".
> even i had open it's properties and inquried it,according to the
> information
> i googled, i am sure it's working type is "0,1"(there said to be 0,1,2
> three
> types)
>
> 3.i ran the windows fax and scan, chosed tools-accounts, and found
> this"fax
> moden/local fax(default)/connected/
> chosed tools-fax setting, and make sure
> think pad modem is selected.
>
> 4.i tried to send a new fax
> to:987149207(9 means for a outlines or distance call)
> subject:test
> content:this is a test fax
>
> then i sent it and was informed
> "<987149207>/987149207/none/2008-6-6/pending/line unavailable/ /local
>
>
> ps:i also found my moden's communication port is COM3
>
>
> FOR ANY FURTHER INFO. PL. LET ME KNOWN.
>
>
>>

>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-18-2008
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: FAIL TO SEND FAX with windows fax and scan
Perhaps you could describe the sailing conditions on that boat, the rigging,
what sails you've tried, what error flags are run up the mast and so forth.
No two boats are quite the same. In short, please provide us some details
to work with, thanks.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"deepak.bholusaria" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:836c30f17ec945d50063304f2e320a46@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> I am sailing in same boat. I require help too.
>
> Deepak
>
>
> --
> deepak.bholusaria



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2008
Sinner
 

Posts: n/a
Re: FAIL TO SEND FAX with windows fax and scan

"aking_lee" <aking_lee@huixingtrade.com> wrote in message
news:%23wx3n33xIHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY.
> maybe i shall try to expose the problem by explain my activity in
> detail,here it goes.
>
> 1.the phone wire is switched from my under-using phone,and my telphone
> work
> well,so i believe it would be capable in the new place.
>
> 2.i have checked the device manager, and found a modem name"thinpad
> modem".
> even i had open it's properties and inquried it,according to the
> information
> i googled, i am sure it's working type is "0,1"(there said to be 0,1,2
> three
> types)
>
> 3.i ran the windows fax and scan, chosed tools-accounts, and found
> this"fax
> moden/local fax(default)/connected/
> chosed tools-fax setting, and make sure
> think pad modem is selected.
>
> 4.i tried to send a new fax
> to:987149207(9 means for a outlines or distance call)
> subject:test
> content:this is a test fax
>
> then i sent it and was informed
> "<987149207>/987149207/none/2008-6-6/pending/line unavailable/ /local
>
>
> ps:i also found my moden's communication port is COM3
>


Are you on a PBX system at work? Non-analog phone lines can fry a modem.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HP 3050 Scan-the windows fax & scan doesn't have legal size select JNovice microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 0 11-16-2007 02:07
Article ID: 927815 You may be unable to send a fax that you saved as a draft in Windows Fax and Scan if the fax does not have a cover page KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 930130 Error message when you try to use the Windows Fax and Scan feature to send a fax in Windows Vista: The message could not be sent. An error has occurred. KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
fax and scan won't send attachments morrigannihil microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 3 09-19-2007 10:18
Got err on send e-mail & long for Avast to scan & Windows Live Mai TX50220 microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 5 08-14-2007 02:33




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:54.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120