Hp printer woes after start up

Ed H

Hp printer woes after start up
Don't know if this is unique to my machine. I have a desktop, XP sp3,
Ethernet cable to my router. A Vista x64 SP1, wireless and an HP C2680
printer Ethernet to my router. All set up well but after the printer is
shutdown and restarted both computers have trouble. I have to manually set
my Vista machine to 'Use Printer Online' for the HP to become available, and
on both machines, I can't open the 'HP Solution Center.' It freezes and I
need a reboot, then all is fine again. ???

Thank you,
Ed
--

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz

Malke

Re: Hp printer woes after start up
Ed H wrote:

> Don't know if this is unique to my machine. I have a desktop, XP sp3,
> Ethernet cable to my router. A Vista x64 SP1, wireless and an HP C2680
> printer Ethernet to my router. All set up well but after the printer is
> shutdown and restarted both computers have trouble. I have to manually set
> my Vista machine to 'Use Printer Online' for the HP to become available,
> and on both machines, I can't open the 'HP Solution Center.' It freezes
> and I need a reboot, then all is fine again. ???

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues. Call HP tech support. It
is tedious to do this but once you've gotten someone, they are usually
quite good.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Ed H

Re: Hp printer woes after start up
Hey Malke:

Your everywhere huh? It's not a big deal but like you had said, their
software struggles with windows. I'm using both xp and Vista and it behaves
funky. I tried just using the drivers, there seemed to be no loss of
performance but I felt I needed the other programs. Just two issues; A long
boot up and as I wrote, problems when the printer is shut off. I have
e-mailed them, I'm waiting to hear. Wanted to see if this is a common issue.
--

<malke@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Ed H wrote:
>
>> Don't know if this is unique to my machine. I have a desktop, XP sp3,
>> Ethernet cable to my router. A Vista x64 SP1, wireless and an HP C2680
>> printer Ethernet to my router. All set up well but after the printer is
>> shutdown and restarted both computers have trouble. I have to manually
>> set
>> my Vista machine to 'Use Printer Online' for the HP to become available,
>> and on both machines, I can't open the 'HP Solution Center.' It freezes
>> and I need a reboot, then all is fine again. ???

> I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues. Call HP tech support.
> It
> is tedious to do this but once you've gotten someone, they are usually
> quite good.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

Larry

Re: Hp printer woes after start up
Malke,
Do you know someone at HP or something?? My experainces w/them route to
India and 99.999% of the time they are clueless. They do Not know how to
analyze beyond the script. They do not call back when they say they will.
They let you figure out your own resolutions, etc.
Ed, I wish you well w/your troubles.

Larry wrote:

> Malke,
> Do you know someone at HP or something?? My experainces w/them route to
> India and 99.999% of the time they are clueless. They do Not know how to
> analyze beyond the script. They do not call back when they say they will.
> They let you figure out your own resolutions, etc.

No, I don't know anyone at HP. My experiences with their tech support have
been good. Sorry that yours haven't been.

Malke