view print email scanned documents prob

Fred

view print email scanned documents prob
I have windows vista basic and canon LiDE 25 scanner.
When I view scanned docs in ArcSoft Photostudi 5.5 the docs seem normal
size they print ok. but when view actual size they are too big. I sized image
down 32% when i view the actual size its right bu then when I printed the
size was curiously too small. If I leave it so it can print the right size
and i send in an email again it would be too big. Im confused any suggetsions?
Chuck

Re: view print email scanned documents prob
The scanner can scan in different resolutions.
A printer can print in different resolutions.
The display can also have a resolution different that the scanner or
printer.
Various application programs and printer add ons to such things as a browser
can automatically scale.

On my system
Display 1280 x1924 (LCD native) (an often used DPI for displayed text size
is 96)
Scanner 200-300DPI for general use and prescan, much higher for small items
such as slides, negatives, and stamps.
Printer (Ink Jet) ~200-300 DPI normal use, ~720-2400 high quality picture
printing, (Driver does dynamic scaling, based upon multiple factors)
Fax (all in one) Standard & Fine Fax resolution, higher between two units of
the same make and compatable models.

I can optionally set the printer driver to scale or not to scale if I want
to enlarge or reduce the image to an 8 1/2-11 page.
Commonly used photo oriented apps allow an image to be resized by the number
of pixels in the image file, and/or the number of pixels per inch.

In other words, you will need to change settings. Which ones depend on what
is most convenient for your exact usage.

"Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have windows vista basic and canon LiDE 25 scanner.
> When I view scanned docs in ArcSoft Photostudi 5.5 the docs seem normal
> size they print ok. but when view actual size they are too big. I sized
> image
> down 32% when i view the actual size its right bu then when I printed the
> size was curiously too small. If I leave it so it can print the right size
> and i send in an email again it would be too big. Im confused any
> suggetsions?

Fred

Re: view print email scanned documents prob
Thankyou. for now i had kept it so i can print straight off. i do that more
often and manualy resize to email e.t.c. i am glad you made sence of what i
wrote. it was hard to easily describe it and still make sense. i take on
board what you have said and will now look into it thankyou for your response.

"Chuck" wrote:

> The scanner can scan in different resolutions.
> A printer can print in different resolutions.
> The display can also have a resolution different that the scanner or
> printer.
> Various application programs and printer add ons to such things as a browser
> can automatically scale.
>
> On my system
> Display 1280 x1924 (LCD native) (an often used DPI for displayed text size
> is 96)
> Scanner 200-300DPI for general use and prescan, much higher for small items
> such as slides, negatives, and stamps.
> Printer (Ink Jet) ~200-300 DPI normal use, ~720-2400 high quality picture
> printing, (Driver does dynamic scaling, based upon multiple factors)
> Fax (all in one) Standard & Fine Fax resolution, higher between two units of
> the same make and compatable models.
>
> I can optionally set the printer driver to scale or not to scale if I want
> to enlarge or reduce the image to an 8 1/2-11 page.
> Commonly used photo oriented apps allow an image to be resized by the number
> of pixels in the image file, and/or the number of pixels per inch.
>
> In other words, you will need to change settings. Which ones depend on what
> is most convenient for your exact usage.
>
> "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have windows vista basic and canon LiDE 25 scanner.
> > When I view scanned docs in ArcSoft Photostudi 5.5 the docs seem normal
> > size they print ok. but when view actual size they are too big. I sized
> > image
> > down 32% when i view the actual size its right bu then when I printed the
> > size was curiously too small. If I leave it so it can print the right size
> > and i send in an email again it would be too big. Im confused any
> > suggetsions?

Shauna Lea Toenniges

Re: view print email scanned documents prob

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: view print email scanned documents prob
If the suggestion doesn't work, try talking online to HP;
http://www.hp.com/go/ispe/product?&c...=en&origin=acp
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows