Fax using calling card dialing rules

Azim

Fax using calling card dialing rules
Hi,
I have Windows Vista Business which comes with fax and scan, but I use a
calling card to send faxes. I used to use the dialing rules in windows xp to
send my faxes and it worked. Has anyone come across this issue of trying to
send a fax from windows Vista business/ultimate using a calling card?
Thanks

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Re: Fax using calling card dialing rules
Other than you have to use Canonical/International format to store your
phone numbers or dialing rules won't work, not really.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/247192/en-us
You Must Enter Telephone Numbers in Canonical Form in Order to Use Dialing
Rules
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318575/en-us
Dialing rules may not be applied to tools such as Fax and Phone Dialer on
Windows XP-based and Windows Vista-based computers

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Azim" <Azim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have Windows Vista Business which comes with fax and scan, but I use a
> calling card to send faxes. I used to use the dialing rules in windows xp

> send my faxes and it worked. Has anyone come across this issue of trying

> send a fax from windows Vista business/ultimate using a calling card?
> Thanks

Azim

Re: Fax using calling card dialing rules
I have used calling card dialing rules in XP for fax and it works. But please
let me know the procedure in Vista Business.
Thanks
Azim

"Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:

> Other than you have to use Canonical/International format to store your
> phone numbers or dialing rules won't work, not really.

> You Must Enter Telephone Numbers in Canonical Form in Order to Use Dialing
> Rules
> Dialing rules may not be applied to tools such as Fax and Phone Dialer on
> Windows XP-based and Windows Vista-based computers
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "Azim" <Azim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have Windows Vista Business which comes with fax and scan, but I use a
> > calling card to send faxes. I used to use the dialing rules in windows xp

> > send my faxes and it worked. Has anyone come across this issue of trying

> > send a fax from windows Vista business/ultimate using a calling card?
> > Thanks

LoneWolf

Re: Fax using calling card dialing rules
Azim

Control Panel > Phone & Modem Options > New or Edit .
Calling card is one of the tabs. If your provider isn't there,
select new and enter all the details. If your provider is there,
select it and enter any other details you have to.

--
regards
CL

"Azim" wrote:

> I have used calling card dialing rules in XP for fax and it works. But please
> let me know the procedure in Vista Business.
> Thanks
> Azim
>

> "Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:
>
> > Other than you have to use Canonical/International format to store your
> > phone numbers or dialing rules won't work, not really.

> > You Must Enter Telephone Numbers in Canonical Form in Order to Use Dialing
> > Rules
> > Dialing rules may not be applied to tools such as Fax and Phone Dialer on
> > Windows XP-based and Windows Vista-based computers
> >
> > Hal
> > --
> > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> > http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
> > KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
> > Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com
> >
> > "Azim" <Azim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I have Windows Vista Business which comes with fax and scan, but I use a
> > > calling card to send faxes. I used to use the dialing rules in windows xp

> > > send my faxes and it worked. Has anyone come across this issue of trying

> > > send a fax from windows Vista business/ultimate using a calling card?
> > > Thanks

Azim

Re: Fax using calling card dialing rules
Hi CL,

Thanks for your response. But I followed the similar steps as I do in XP,
and added a calling card dialing rules with the steps. But when I send the
fax and select the calling card in dialing rules, the Fax in Vista seems to
directly dial the number, without following the dialing rules.

Please do let me know if you have been able to fax using calling card
dialing rules.

Thanks
Azim

"LoneWolf" wrote:

> Azim
>
> Control Panel > Phone & Modem Options > New or Edit .
> Calling card is one of the tabs. If your provider isn't there,
> select new and enter all the details. If your provider is there,
> select it and enter any other details you have to.
>
> --
> regards
> CL
> ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
>

> "Azim" wrote:
>
> > I have used calling card dialing rules in XP for fax and it works. But please
> > let me know the procedure in Vista Business.
> > Thanks
> > Azim
> >

> > "Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:
> >
> > > Other than you have to use Canonical/International format to store your
> > > phone numbers or dialing rules won't work, not really.
> > >
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/247192/en-us
> > > You Must Enter Telephone Numbers in Canonical Form in Order to Use Dialing
> > > Rules
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318575/en-us
> > > Dialing rules may not be applied to tools such as Fax and Phone Dialer on
> > > Windows XP-based and Windows Vista-based computers
> > >
> > > Hal
> > > --
> > > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> > > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> > > http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
> > > KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
> > > Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

LoneWolf

Re: Fax using calling card dialling rules
Asim

No I can't help you there. I do not use a calling card
or for that matter dialling rules. Everything that is required
is enclosed in the telephone number in my contacts, except
for International which I have told the + to dial 0015 first
before country, area & number. However, the 0015 bit
is done in the registry by changing the voice # (0011) to
the fax # 0015.
Sorry I couldn't help.

--
regards