RE AVG 8.0

Christopher

RE AVG 8.0
As like many others, I had problems printing from IE7 / Vista usinf Free AVG
8.0, I purchased a copy of AVG 8.0 to be able to secure their technical
support.

The response I have received is as follows.
"According to your e-mail, after analysis of the AVG Diagnostic files,
which you have sent us we have found that the situation, which you
have described is caused by error in AVG 8.0.93 program version. This
situation should be already resolved in Beta version of AVG Service
Pack 1, which is available for download on our AVG Beta web page.

We would like to inform you with that you can register to our Beta
Portal and then download the latest AVG 8.0 Service Pack 1 Beta
version, where the described situation should be resolved. If you
don't want to use our Beta testing AVG program version, then we would
like to ask you to wait until the public version of AVG 8.0 Service
Pack 1 public version will be released. We will inform you when the
new public version including fix for the described situation will be
released via e-mail."

Re: RE AVG 8.0
> "According to your e-mail, after analysis of the AVG Diagnostic files,
> which you have sent us we have found that the situation, which you
> have described is caused by error in AVG 8.0.93 program version.

The current build of AVG is 8.0.100. Why not try that instead?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Christopher wrote:
> As like many others, I had problems printing from IE7 / Vista usinf Free
> AVG
> 8.0, I purchased a copy of AVG 8.0 to be able to secure their technical
> support.
>
> The response I have received is as follows.
> "According to your e-mail, after analysis of the AVG Diagnostic files,
> which you have sent us we have found that the situation, which you
> have described is caused by error in AVG 8.0.93 program version. This
> situation should be already resolved in Beta version of AVG Service
> Pack 1, which is available for download on our AVG Beta web page.
>
> We would like to inform you with that you can register to our Beta
> Portal and then download the latest AVG 8.0 Service Pack 1 Beta
> version, where the described situation should be resolved. If you
> don't want to use our Beta testing AVG program version, then we would
> like to ask you to wait until the public version of AVG 8.0 Service
> Pack 1 public version will be released. We will inform you when the
> new public version including fix for the described situation will be
> released via e-mail."

Christopher

Re: RE AVG 8.0
Because 8.0.100 is the Free Version and I have, as I stated, the Licensed
version which is 8.0.93.

>> "According to your e-mail, after analysis of the AVG Diagnostic files,
>> which you have sent us we have found that the situation, which you
>> have described is caused by error in AVG 8.0.93 program version.

> The current build of AVG is 8.0.100. Why not try that instead?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Christopher wrote:
>> As like many others, I had problems printing from IE7 / Vista usinf Free
>> AVG
>> 8.0, I purchased a copy of AVG 8.0 to be able to secure their technical
>> support.
>>
>> The response I have received is as follows.
>> "According to your e-mail, after analysis of the AVG Diagnostic files,
>> which you have sent us we have found that the situation, which you
>> have described is caused by error in AVG 8.0.93 program version. This
>> situation should be already resolved in Beta version of AVG Service
>> Pack 1, which is available for download on our AVG Beta web page.
>>
>> We would like to inform you with that you can register to our Beta
>> Portal and then download the latest AVG 8.0 Service Pack 1 Beta
>> version, where the described situation should be resolved. If you
>> don't want to use our Beta testing AVG program version, then we would
>> like to ask you to wait until the public version of AVG 8.0 Service
>> Pack 1 public version will be released. We will inform you when the
>> new public version including fix for the described situation will be
>> released via e-mail."

Re: RE AVG 8.0
Fair enough.

Christopher wrote:
> Because 8.0.100 is the Free Version and I have, as I stated, the Licensed
> version which is 8.0.93.

>>> "According to your e-mail, after analysis of the AVG Diagnostic files,
>>> which you have sent us we have found that the situation, which you
>>> have described is caused by error in AVG 8.0.93 program version.

>> The current build of AVG is 8.0.100. Why not try that instead?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Christopher wrote:
>>> As like many others, I had problems printing from IE7 / Vista usinf Free
>>> AVG
>>> 8.0, I purchased a copy of AVG 8.0 to be able to secure their technical
>>> support.
>>>
>>> The response I have received is as follows.
>>> "According to your e-mail, after analysis of the AVG Diagnostic files,
>>> which you have sent us we have found that the situation, which you
>>> have described is caused by error in AVG 8.0.93 program version. This
>>> situation should be already resolved in Beta version of AVG Service
>>> Pack 1, which is available for download on our AVG Beta web page.
>>>
>>> We would like to inform you with that you can register to our Beta
>>> Portal and then download the latest AVG 8.0 Service Pack 1 Beta
>>> version, where the described situation should be resolved. If you
>>> don't want to use our Beta testing AVG program version, then we would
>>> like to ask you to wait until the public version of AVG 8.0 Service
>>> Pack 1 public version will be released. We will inform you when the
>>> new public version including fix for the described situation will be
>>> released via e-mail."

GrlfrmSouth

Re: RE AVG 8.0
Thanks for the info regarding AVG 8.0. I had to go in and delete AVG 8.0 and
add AVG 7.5 to finally fix this problem for myself. I have used AVG for
"YEARS" and purchase it every 2 years so I get all of the updates and
everything, BUT nothing would fix this problem but to go in and delete 8.0
and now that I have the older version (which works GREAT) 7.5, I am now able
to print off website, maps, etc...

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Fair enough.
>
> Christopher wrote:
> > Because 8.0.100 is the Free Version and I have, as I stated, the Licensed
> > version which is 8.0.93.
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> The current build of AVG is 8.0.100. Why not try that instead?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: RE AVG 8.0
AVG v7.5 will not be supported after 31 Dec-08.

GrlfrmSouth wrote:
> Thanks for the info regarding AVG 8.0. I had to go in and delete AVG 8.0
> and add AVG 7.5 to finally fix this problem for myself. I have used AVG
> for
> "YEARS" and purchase it every 2 years so I get all of the updates and
> everything, BUT nothing would fix this problem but to go in and delete 8.0
> and now that I have the older version (which works GREAT) 7.5, I am now
> able to print off website, maps, etc...
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Fair enough.
>>
>> Christopher wrote:
>>> Because 8.0.100 is the Free Version and I have, as I stated, the
>>> Licensed
>>> version which is 8.0.93.

GrlfrmSouth

Re: RE AVG 8.0
I am waiting for a reply from AVG regarding this problem. Hopefully, they
will fix soon (before Dec 31).

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> AVG v7.5 will not be supported after 31 Dec-08.
>
> GrlfrmSouth wrote:
> > Thanks for the info regarding AVG 8.0. I had to go in and delete AVG 8.0
> > and add AVG 7.5 to finally fix this problem for myself. I have used AVG
> > for
> > "YEARS" and purchase it every 2 years so I get all of the updates and
> > everything, BUT nothing would fix this problem but to go in and delete 8.0
> > and now that I have the older version (which works GREAT) 7.5, I am now
> > able to print off website, maps, etc...
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Fair enough.

Re: RE AVG 8.0
Grisoft Support has said elsewhere that such issues are expected to be
addressed in the next beta version of AVG Pro Anti-Virus v8.0.