Unable to print from the internet with Vista

oaklanding is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unable to print from the internet with Vista
As I gather many others are experiencing, with Vista Home Premium my HP 5650 printer will not print from the internet. The printer works fine on my old laptop with Windows XP, so I assume the problem is with Vista. If I disable the Protected Mode in Security Settings, it will print, but that is a clumsy, inconvenient, and perhaps risky solution at best. Any other ideas? Does anyone know whether Windows technicians are working on a solution to this problem. Bill T.
Cal Bear '66

Re: Unable to print from the internet with Vista
Do you have AVG ver. 8?

If so, this is a known problem that has not yet been fixed.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"oaklanding" <oaklanding.3aat06@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
newsaklanding.3aat06@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> As I gather many others are experiencing, with Vista Home Premium my HP
> 5650 printer will not print from the internet. The printer works fine on
> my old laptop with Windows XP, so I assume the problem is with Vista. If
> I disable the Protected Mode in Security Settings, it will print, but
> that is a clumsy, inconvenient, and perhaps risky solution at best. Any
> other ideas? Does anyone know whether Windows technicians are working on
> a solution to this problem. Bill T.
>

> --
> oaklanding

oaklanding is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I do not have AVG ver 8. I have the latest Norton.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Unable to print from the internet with Vista
Get the latest version of HP Navigator and the latest printer driver. Like
the AVG issue, it's another known issue and not related to Microsoft or
Windows.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"oaklanding" <oaklanding.3aat06@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message newsaklanding.3aat06@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> As I gather many others are experiencing, with Vista Home Premium my HP
> 5650 printer will not print from the internet. The printer works fine on
> my old laptop with Windows XP, so I assume the problem is with Vista. If
> I disable the Protected Mode in Security Settings, it will print, but
> that is a clumsy, inconvenient, and perhaps risky solution at best. Any
> other ideas? Does anyone know whether Windows technicians are working on
> a solution to this problem. Bill T.
>

> --
> oaklanding

huwyngr

Re: Unable to print from the internet with Vista
In article <A955A3DC-71F9-489D-AF4B-7BB42EE7DE1C@microsoft.com>, Cari
(MS-MVP) wrote:

> Get the latest version of HP Navigator ...

Could you clarify that please. A search on HP does not produce anything
that could be relevant except a reference to Netscape Navigator the
browser.

Nor does there seem to be any VISTA driver for the 5650 except that out
of the box

oaklanding is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cari, Thanks for your response. HP system check confirms that I have the latest driver for my hp 5650. I don't understand the reference to HP Navigator. My laptop is an ACER Extensa 5420-5687.

oaklanding is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cari, Again, I appreciate your response. You obviously are a pro in dealing with these problems. Again, please elaborate on your reference to HP Navigator. I don't understand what to check. And I would be grateful for any other suggestions or comments re. this problem. Bill T.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Unable to print from the internet with Vista
Oops it's not Navigator, it's Director.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...name=c00802504
--

"oaklanding" <oaklanding.3ael4a@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message newsaklanding.3ael4a@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> Cari, Again, I appreciate your response. You obviously are a pro in
> dealing with these problems. Again, please elaborate on your reference
> to HP Navigator. I don't understand what to check. And I would be
> grateful for any other suggestions or comments re. this problem. Bill T.
>

> --
> oaklanding

oaklanding is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cari, Thanks to your prompting, and without going through my convoluted search process, I eventually ended up with a download from HP entitled "HP Printing Diagnostic Utility", release date 2008-01-04, which solved the problem. If others are having problems with an HP printer/Vista compatibility issue, this might help. Simply Google the above title and follow the download instructions. Thanks again, Bill T.

oaklanding is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I spoke too soon. It worked initially, but has now quit. So do I.