CAN'T PRINT FROM PAGES ON INTERNET. HP OFFICEJET 550K-VISTA HOME P

Paul

CAN'T PRINT FROM PAGES ON INTERNET. HP OFFICEJET 550K-VISTA HOME P
I HAVE SPENT 3 WEEKS COMMUNICATING WITH HP - CAN'T PRINT FROM THE NET.
ABLE TO PRINT FROM OFFLINE PROGRAMS WORD-EXCEL AND EVERYTHING ELSE.
I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING THEY SUGGESTED TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM - ALL FAILED!!!!
I HAVE TRIED TO INSTALL THE HP SOFTWARE FOUR TIME AND THE SAME RESULTS.
FAILS TO INSTALL COMPLETELY.
MESSAGE AFTER FAILURE. EVIDENTLY, THE FOLLOWING COULDN'T FIND THE FOLLOWIG:
SLBCSP.DILL
SCCBASE.DLL
GBKCSP.DLL
ENUM
SINCE THEY COULDN'T RESOLVE THE PROBLEM THEY SUGGEST IT MUST BE THE OS??
The Traveller

Re: CAN'T PRINT FROM PAGES ON INTERNET. HP OFFICEJET 550K-VISTA HOME P
On Mon, 26 May 2008 16:07:00 -0700, Paul
<Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I HAVE SPENT 3 WEEKS COMMUNICATING WITH HP - CAN'T PRINT FROM THE NET.
>ABLE TO PRINT FROM OFFLINE PROGRAMS WORD-EXCEL AND EVERYTHING ELSE.
>I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING THEY SUGGESTED TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM - ALL FAILED!!!!
>I HAVE TRIED TO INSTALL THE HP SOFTWARE FOUR TIME AND THE SAME RESULTS.
>FAILS TO INSTALL COMPLETELY.
>MESSAGE AFTER FAILURE. EVIDENTLY, THE FOLLOWING COULDN'T FIND THE FOLLOWIG:
>SLBCSP.DILL
>SCCBASE.DLL
>GBKCSP.DLL
>ENUM
>SINCE THEY COULDN'T RESOLVE THE PROBLEM THEY SUGGEST IT MUST BE THE OS??

Hmm... I have read many posts regarding this. They all point to
something which got broken with Vista SP1. The crux of the feedback
points to the need of reinstalling the OS. Read through the messages
in this group... there are MANY which refer to your problem.

______________________

The Traveller
Carlsbad, California
Christopher

Re: CAN'T PRINT FROM PAGES ON INTERNET. HP OFFICEJET 550K-VISTA HOME P
I have encountered similar problems and first would ask that you use lower
case as UPPER CASE is considered SHOUTING!.

A fix for web sites that you use on a regular basis is to list the site in
the Trusted Sites [IE / Tools / Internet Options / Security]
and you will need to disable 'Protected Mode' for the sites that you list.

Another option is to disable Protected Mode altogether [not advised].

My first impression was that this problem is connected with AVG 8.0 but now
I am not so sure. It has nothing to do with HP.

>I HAVE SPENT 3 WEEKS COMMUNICATING WITH HP - CAN'T PRINT FROM THE NET.
> ABLE TO PRINT FROM OFFLINE PROGRAMS WORD-EXCEL AND EVERYTHING ELSE.
> I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING THEY SUGGESTED TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM - ALL
> FAILED!!!!
> I HAVE TRIED TO INSTALL THE HP SOFTWARE FOUR TIME AND THE SAME RESULTS.
> FAILS TO INSTALL COMPLETELY.
> MESSAGE AFTER FAILURE. EVIDENTLY, THE FOLLOWING COULDN'T FIND THE
> FOLLOWIG:
> SLBCSP.DILL
> SCCBASE.DLL
> GBKCSP.DLL
> ENUM
> SINCE THEY COULDN'T RESOLVE THE PROBLEM THEY SUGGEST IT MUST BE THE OS??

Paul

Re: CAN'T PRINT FROM PAGES ON INTERNET. HP OFFICEJET 550K-VISTA HO

As you might guess, I am sort of new at this.
I I re-install Vista, will I loose all my other stuff or do I have to
re-install all my other programs again?

"The Traveller" wrote:

> On Mon, 26 May 2008 16:07:00 -0700, Paul
> <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I HAVE SPENT 3 WEEKS COMMUNICATING WITH HP - CAN'T PRINT FROM THE NET.
> >ABLE TO PRINT FROM OFFLINE PROGRAMS WORD-EXCEL AND EVERYTHING ELSE.
> >I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING THEY SUGGESTED TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM - ALL FAILED!!!!
> >I HAVE TRIED TO INSTALL THE HP SOFTWARE FOUR TIME AND THE SAME RESULTS.
> >FAILS TO INSTALL COMPLETELY.
> >MESSAGE AFTER FAILURE. EVIDENTLY, THE FOLLOWING COULDN'T FIND THE FOLLOWIG:
> >SLBCSP.DILL
> >SCCBASE.DLL
> >GBKCSP.DLL
> >ENUM
> >SINCE THEY COULDN'T RESOLVE THE PROBLEM THEY SUGGEST IT MUST BE THE OS??

> Hmm... I have read many posts regarding this. They all point to
> something which got broken with Vista SP1. The crux of the feedback
> points to the need of reinstalling the OS. Read through the messages
> in this group... there are MANY which refer to your problem.
>
> ______________________
>
> The Traveller
> Carlsbad, California

Malke

Paul wrote:

> As you might guess, I am sort of new at this.
> I I re-install Vista, will I loose all my other stuff or do I have to
> re-install all my other programs again?

As pointed out by The Traveler, this issue is most recently caused by AVG
8.0. Do you have AVG 8.0 Antivirus installed?

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Paul

Re: CAN'T PRINT FROM PAGES ON INTERNET. HP OFFICEJET 550K-VISTA HO

Thank you all.

I do have AVG 8 on all my computers w/ Vista and XP and non of the others
have this problem.
However, I will uninstall it and see if that helps on this machine.
I'll let all know!

"Malke" wrote:

> Paul wrote:
>

> > As you might guess, I am sort of new at this.
> > I I re-install Vista, will I loose all my other stuff or do I have to
> > re-install all my other programs again?

> As pointed out by The Traveler, this issue is most recently caused by AVG
> 8.0. Do you have AVG 8.0 Antivirus installed?
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

Tony Zamboni

Re: CAN'T PRINT FROM PAGES ON INTERNET. HP OFFICEJET 550K-VISTA HO
AVG 8 is a problem only on Vista computers and not all Vista installs but
most.
Perhaps you did not see Christopher's post in this forum under Re: AVG 8.0 ?
I pasted it below.
Turning off the protected mode in IE7 should not be a problem for a while
until the fix from AVG is available to the general public. At least they
acknowledge at AVG that it is their problem.
Tony Zamboni