Windows Fax and scan missing

Sabre

Windows Fax and scan missing
I have a genuine copy of Vista Ultimate 32 bit which I received at a
Microsoft presentation when Vista was launched. Shortly after I purchased a
new computer and the supplier loaded Vista Ultimate at the factory and used
my key number to install and activate what may have been an OEM version. I
understand Windows Fax and Scan may not be in an OEM version.

My problem is that I can not find Windows Fax and Scan on my computer and
wonder can I install from the Windows Disk? Can you please advise me
Bender

Re: Windows Fax and scan missing
Did you use the 'Programs and Features' to see if it has not been installed
yet?

"Sabre" <Sabre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a genuine copy of Vista Ultimate 32 bit which I received at a
> Microsoft presentation when Vista was launched. Shortly after I purchased
> new computer and the supplier loaded Vista Ultimate at the factory and
> used
> my key number to install and activate what may have been an OEM version.
> understand Windows Fax and Scan may not be in an OEM version.
>
> My problem is that I can not find Windows Fax and Scan on my computer and
> wonder can I install from the Windows Disk? Can you please advise me

Sabre

Re: Windows Fax and scan missing
Thanks for that suggestion. I have had a look and it is not listed

Sabre

"Bender" wrote:

> Did you use the 'Programs and Features' to see if it has not been installed
> yet?
>
> "Sabre" <Sabre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a genuine copy of Vista Ultimate 32 bit which I received at a
> > Microsoft presentation when Vista was launched. Shortly after I purchased
> > new computer and the supplier loaded Vista Ultimate at the factory and
> > used
> > my key number to install and activate what may have been an OEM version.
> > understand Windows Fax and Scan may not be in an OEM version.
> >
> > My problem is that I can not find Windows Fax and Scan on my computer and
> > wonder can I install from the Windows Disk? Can you please advise me

LoneWolf

RE: Windows Fax and scan missing
Sabre

Open 'Programs & Features'.
In left hand column, click on
'Turn Windows Features On of Off'
When the list is populated, see if there is
a tick next to Windows Fax & Scan.
If not, tick it and Ok out of it all then see
if you can start WFS.

--
regards
CL

"Sabre" wrote:

> I have a genuine copy of Vista Ultimate 32 bit which I received at a
> Microsoft presentation when Vista was launched. Shortly after I purchased a
> new computer and the supplier loaded Vista Ultimate at the factory and used
> my key number to install and activate what may have been an OEM version. I
> understand Windows Fax and Scan may not be in an OEM version.
>
> My problem is that I can not find Windows Fax and Scan on my computer and
> wonder can I install from the Windows Disk? Can you please advise me

Sabre

RE: Windows Fax and scan missing
Thanks for your advice. It worked. You learn something new every day

Sabre

"LoneWolf" wrote:

> Sabre
>
> Open 'Programs & Features'.
> In left hand column, click on
> 'Turn Windows Features On of Off'
> When the list is populated, see if there is
> a tick next to Windows Fax & Scan.
> If not, tick it and Ok out of it all then see
> if you can start WFS.
>
> --
> regards
> CL
> ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
>

> "Sabre" wrote:
>
> > I have a genuine copy of Vista Ultimate 32 bit which I received at a
> > Microsoft presentation when Vista was launched. Shortly after I purchased a
> > new computer and the supplier loaded Vista Ultimate at the factory and used
> > my key number to install and activate what may have been an OEM version. I
> > understand Windows Fax and Scan may not be in an OEM version.
> >
> > My problem is that I can not find Windows Fax and Scan on my computer and
> > wonder can I install from the Windows Disk? Can you please advise me

dletts

Re: Windows Fax and scan missing

Well curiouser and curiouser (as the Walrus said to Alice).

I have original Windows Vista Business edition fully registered with
Microsoft and have been operating it for several months. However the
Windows Fax and Scan does NOT appear in the Programs menu as is stated
in the help files. I also went in to check which windows programs were
activated and found that Windows Fax and Scan was active in the listing,
but still did not appear on the menu. So I deactivated it
(unchecked/unticked it) then OK, then went back in and reactivated it
(then reboted machine as well).

Still no sign of it on the menu. Searched for it in the help, and
search areas, no joy other than the normal "You will find it on the all
programs menu"

Then out of frustration went to the control panel and did a search on
scan. Lo and behold under Control Panel Home, search on Scan, up pops
"Scanners and Cameras" with 2 chouces "Scan a document or picture" amd
View scanners. Selected Scan and found Windows Fax and Scan!!

It's still not on my menu, and I cant seem to get it there not no-how
(Tom Sawyer?), but a long as I can remember to jump through all these
hoops, then I can find it again hopefully. What a Pain in the neck!!!!!

Does anyone have a clue as to how I can locate "WFS.EXE" (as I think
this was the program running) and pin that to the menu. It doesnt appear
on searches under C: all folders.

Any other ideas as to how to get Fax & Scan on to the menu where it
should be?

Thanks all!

regards

DLetts
(p.s. this is a double post as I also posted this under a similar topic
in a different thread in the hope someone will read it and post a reply
that works)

--
dletts