Unable to save.

Christopher

Unable to save.
I am 'printing to pdf' to save a web page in that format.
I get the following error message

C:\filename.doc
You don't have permission to save in this location.
Contact the administrator to obtain permission.

Would you like to save in the 'username' folder instead?

When I click on YES, I get the same error but with the 'username' in the
address.
I am administrator

OS is Vista Business
Acrobat is 8.1 Standard

Dustin Harper

Re: Unable to save.
Where you are going to "Save" change the file location there, rather than
have Vista prompt you for it. And make sure you are saving it in the folder
for the user you are logged in as.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...eAPostAsAnswer

"Christopher" <chrissie@lambo.org> wrote in message
>I am 'printing to pdf' to save a web page in that format.
> I get the following error message
>
> C:\filename.doc
> You don't have permission to save in this location.
> Contact the administrator to obtain permission.
>
> Would you like to save in the 'username' folder instead?
>
> When I click on YES, I get the same error but with the 'username' in the
> address.
> I am administrator
>
> OS is Vista Business
> Acrobat is 8.1 Standard

Christopher

Re: Unable to save.
Dustin
It seems to make no difference which folder I select, including desktop -
the error message repeats !
I am the sole user of the machine

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
> Where you are going to "Save" change the file location there, rather than
> have Vista prompt you for it. And make sure you are saving it in the
> folder for the user you are logged in as.
>
> --
>
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com | Vista Resource & Information Page
>
> Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
> interface.
> http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...eAPostAsAnswer
>

> "Christopher" <chrissie@lambo.org> wrote in message
>>I am 'printing to pdf' to save a web page in that format.
>> I get the following error message
>>
>> C:\filename.doc
>> You don't have permission to save in this location.
>> Contact the administrator to obtain permission.
>>
>> Would you like to save in the 'username' folder instead?
>>
>> When I click on YES, I get the same error but with the 'username' in the
>> address.
>> I am administrator
>>
>> OS is Vista Business
>> Acrobat is 8.1 Standard

Moose

RE: Unable to save.
Christopher,

Agreed. I see the same thing. MS says that our disk drive was formatted
under XP and that we need to reformat our root drive using Vistas NTFS. How
stupid a suggestion is that? Does it make you think that the MAC commercials
are correct?

Just in case you didn't see MS stupidity:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931277

I will keep searching for the answer and will get back with you. If you
find the answer first, please let me know. I am a Vista power user and use it
constantly.
--
Keith

"Christopher" wrote:

> I am 'printing to pdf' to save a web page in that format.
> I get the following error message
>
> C:\filename.doc
> You don't have permission to save in this location.
> Contact the administrator to obtain permission.
>
> Would you like to save in the 'username' folder instead?
>
> When I click on YES, I get the same error but with the 'username' in the
> address.
> I am administrator
>
> OS is Vista Business
> Acrobat is 8.1 Standard

Moose

RE: Unable to save.
Okay, Christopher, I have a work around.

This may actually be an Adobe Acrobat problem, since they provide the Adobe
PDF print driver.

I also own the PDF995.com PDF software (it's free). PDF995 provides its own
print driver (PDF995). This work without a hickup.

I may put in a ticket with Adobe and will let you know.

--
Keith

"Moose" wrote:

> Christopher,
>
> Agreed. I see the same thing. MS says that our disk drive was formatted
> under XP and that we need to reformat our root drive using Vistas NTFS. How
> stupid a suggestion is that? Does it make you think that the MAC commercials
> are correct?
>
> Just in case you didn't see MS stupidity:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931277
>
> I will keep searching for the answer and will get back with you. If you
> find the answer first, please let me know. I am a Vista power user and use it
> constantly.
> --
> Keith
>

> "Christopher" wrote:
>
> > I am 'printing to pdf' to save a web page in that format.
> > I get the following error message
> >
> > C:\filename.doc
> > You don't have permission to save in this location.
> > Contact the administrator to obtain permission.
> >
> > Would you like to save in the 'username' folder instead?
> >
> > When I click on YES, I get the same error but with the 'username' in the
> > address.
> > I am administrator
> >
> > OS is Vista Business
> > Acrobat is 8.1 Standard

Moose

RE: Unable to save.
Okay, I have the definitive answer.

It is an IE Microsoft and Adobe Acrobat problem. You can fix it in IE, but
you compromise security to some degree. You will be able to print just fine
after you do this:

Disable Protected Mode in Internet Explorer.
1. In the Control Panel, open Internet Options.
2. Go to the Security tab.
3. Uncheck Enable Protected Mode for the security zone covered by the page
you are printing.
4. Close all Internet Explorer windows.

--
Keith