Vista wireless printing keeps restarting after mistakes

Roofels

Vista wireless printing keeps restarting after mistakes
Hi,
I have a wireless printer setup via a Netgear wireless USB port. Works great
and it is easy to connect to from any new computer. Currently we have 4
computers (non-Vista) that successfully print to this printer.
My Vista laptop also connects easy to the printer, but ALWAYS makes mistakes
during printing: 1/2 page prints, off center printing, etc... Eventually it
prints it correctly. Every time a mistake is made, the job restarts, so
basically for a 5 page document, I waste 20 - 30 pages. The exact same
document prints perfectly fine every time from XP desktop. So ti is quite
annoying to move documents back and forth just to print them.

Since the laptop connects to the printer, this is not a networking problem.
Since the printer prints perfectly from non-Vista computers, this is not a
printer problem. Must be a Vista problem.

I installed the printer driver from Canon website.

Help!
Patrick C

Re: Vista wireless printing keeps restarting after mistakes
You might try the following:

Setting up Netgear WGPS606 for TCP/IP using Vista Home Premium:

1. You should be logged on with administrator privileges.Get IP address of
the print server.

a. Run the cd of the print server to get the IP address of the print server.

2. Set up a TCP/IP port on the computer using the following steps:

a. Click on start, then Control Panel.
b. Select Classic View.
c. Double click on Printers.
d. Right click anywhere in the space below the printer icons.
e. Click Run as Administrator.
f. Click Add Printer (ok permission).
g. Click Add a Network, Wireless, or Bluetooth Printer.
h. Select Stop.
i. Select The Printer I Want Isn't Listed.
j. Select Add a Printer Using TCP/IP Address or Host Name.
k. Click Next.
l. Under Device Type select TCP/IP Device.
m. In Hostname or IP address enter IP address obtained from cd run ie;
192.168.1.103.
n. Uncheck Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use.
o. Click Next.
p. It detects TCP/IP port - may take a few minutes.
q. Select Custom.
r. Click Settings.
s. In Protocol select LPR.
t. In Que Name, for port 1 type L1, for port 2 type L2, (referencing the
port on print server),
Check LPR Byte Counting Enabled.
u. Click Ok.
v. Click Next.
w. Find Printer Manufacturer and Printer in List, Click Next.
x. Select use current or replace driver.
y. Alter name and/or select as default printer if desired.
z. Print test page if desired and click Finish.