Thunking Spooler APIS ... stopped working

Grandaddio is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thunking Spooler APIS ... stopped working
Hi,

I've been printing from various apps without any problems since I purchased my PC in January. I started getting the error message " Thunking Spooler APIS from 32 to 64 process has stopped working" last Friday. It happens when I open Word 2007, and when I try to print in any other app including Notepad.

My OS is Vista 64 Home Premium with SP1. My printer is an Epson DX5050 and I have re-installed the latest drivers from Epson.

The only changes I am aware of are various automatic updates which came out last week including Office 2007 SP1.

I have tried a restore prior to last weeks updates but no difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Grandaddio
Wgenske

Re: Thunking Spooler APIS ... stopped working

I am running Vista Ultimate x64 and had no problems at all for many
months. Last week I started having the same problem when trying to open
any Microsoft Office program or print using any printer. Printers
include HP Deskjet 1280, HP Designjet 100 and Epson Stylus DX3800. Any
help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

--
Wgenske
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Thunking Spooler APIS ... stopped working
If youi use System Restore to go back to before the issues started, do they
disappear? What have you installed/uninstalled since that point when the
issues started?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

--
Wgenske

Grandaddio is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,
I tried uninstalling the printer and rebooting, and reinstalling the latest drivers but still had the error! Restored the system to well before the offending updates, still no change. I've since found this

Vista SP1 x64 - Spooler subsystem app has stopped working - Here's the Fix - TechNet Forums

and that has fixed the problem for me.

Thanks
Grandaddio
Greg

RE: Thunking Spooler APIS ... stopped working
Having the same problem on Vista Business 64 using Office 2007 and Project
2007.
It's pretty sad Office 2007/Project 2007 and Vista -- all MS programs --
can't print to a networked HP LJ 4000n.

I certainly hope someone gets this working.

In case it matters:
Lenovo T61p, Vista Business 64, Office 2007, Visio 2007, Project 2007 - all
updates applied. Printing fails to both Savin C4540 and HP LJ4000n.