Print too small to read..

Evitta

Print too small to read..

My printer is a Lexmark - (x-8350) All in One ---- Driver compatible
with Vista is installed. The print is so small I need a magnifying
glass to read it. I have attempted what adjustments I could make and
nothing happens. I have contacted Lexmark and the help they provided
me was minimal. I have never had this problem before and all of it
sudden it pops up. I have new cartridges installed, however, not only
is the print tiny, but the print is extremely light. Thank you in
advance for whatever assistance you may be able to provide me. I just
kind of hate to have to go out and get a new printer without knowing if
something can be to done to solve this problem. Thank you again.

--
Evitta
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Re: Print too small to read..
Does it print correctly for any application (prints OK from Notepad, for
example, but not from IE), or do you see this printing from all
applications?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Evitta" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> My printer is a Lexmark - (x-8350) All in One ---- Driver compatible
> with Vista is installed. The print is so small I need a magnifying
> glass to read it. I have attempted what adjustments I could make and
> nothing happens. I have contacted Lexmark and the help they provided
> me was minimal. I have never had this problem before and all of it
> sudden it pops up. I have new cartridges installed, however, not only
> is the print tiny, but the print is extremely light. Thank you in
> advance for whatever assistance you may be able to provide me. I just
> kind of hate to have to go out and get a new printer without knowing if
> something can be to done to solve this problem. Thank you again.
>

> --
> Evitta

Evitta

Re: Print too small to read..

Thank you for your response. In answer to your question. Everthing
that I print, from wherever, all print the same way --- very tiny and
very light print. Thank you again.

--
Evitta
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Print too small to read..
It sounds like the default font on the device is set. Print the
configuration page from the device and check. I've seen this on other
Lexmark devices. I don't recall if there is a setting in the driver. Check
font substitution settings. If device fonts are substituted and nothing
downloaded to the device, then this would make sense.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> Thank you for your response. In answer to your question. Everthing
> that I print, from wherever, all print the same way --- very tiny and
> very light print. Thank you again.
>

> --
> Evitta

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Re: Print too small to read..
Thanks, Allen! I'm not familiar with that particular printer, so I have no
idea where to tell her to look, but it does, indeed, sound like a default
font issue.

Hal
--

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It sounds like the default font on the device is set. Print the
> configuration page from the device and check. I've seen this on other
> Lexmark devices. I don't recall if there is a setting in the driver.

Check
> font substitution settings. If device fonts are substituted and nothing
> downloaded to the device, then this would make sense.
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

rights.