Printing from Windows Vista to Network Printer Opertaion could not becompleted (error 0x0000000d)

nicola@check-tek.co.uk

Printing from Windows Vista to Network Printer Opertaion could not becompleted (error 0x0000000d)
Hi,

I have a client who has had 3 new Vista Business desktops installed
last week.

They have been printing to their Windows 2003 SBS server-based network
printer since then fine.

Today they cannot and the get

Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print
troubleshooter for assistance? Operation could not be completed (error
0x0000000d)

The printer is an Oki C5600 and is shared on the server as \
\server01\okic5600

I have updated the driver on the server to the latest one from the Oki
website and also gone through the recommendations of several posts on
other sites of creating a local printer on the computer and then
creating a new local port with the share name and this does not work.

I have also stopped and restarted the printer spooler service on the
server and local computer.

I don't understand how it can be working fine for 5 days and then not.

Please can someone help?

Thanks and Best Regards
Nicola
Nicola

Re: Printing from Windows Vista to Network Printer Opertaion couldnot be completed (error 0x0000000d)
On 12 May, 14:36, nic...@check-tek.co.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a client who has had 3 new Vista Business desktops installed
> last week.
>
> They have been printing to their Windows 2003 SBS server-based network
> printer since then fine.
>
> Today they cannot and the get
>
> Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print
> troubleshooter for assistance? Operation could not be completed (error
> 0x0000000d)
>
> The printer is an Oki C5600 and is shared on the server as \
> \server01\okic5600
>
> I have updated the driver on the server to the latest one from the Oki
> website and also gone through the recommendations of several posts on
> other sites of creating a local printer on the computer and then
> creating a new local port with the share name and this does not work.
>
> I have also stopped and restarted the printer spooler service on the
> server and local computer.
>
> I don't understand how it can be working fine for 5 days and then not.
>
> Please can someone help?
>
> Thanks and Best Regards
> Nicola

Just to add on my user is unable to print from any network printer.
She has just managed to successfully add another network printer but
gets the same error when printing to this new printer as well.
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printing from Windows Vista to Network Printer Opertaion could not be completed (error 0x0000000d)
the error is

E:\>winerror 0x0000000d
13 ERROR_INVALID_DATA <--> No NTSTATUS matched

What print processor is the queue using (printer properties, advanced)

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Nicola" <nicola@check-tek.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 12 May, 14:36, nic...@check-tek.co.uk wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a client who has had 3 new Vista Business desktops installed
>> last week.
>>
>> They have been printing to their Windows 2003 SBS server-based network
>> printer since then fine.
>>
>> Today they cannot and the get
>>
>> Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print
>> troubleshooter for assistance? Operation could not be completed (error
>> 0x0000000d)
>>
>> The printer is an Oki C5600 and is shared on the server as \
>> \server01\okic5600
>>
>> I have updated the driver on the server to the latest one from the Oki
>> website and also gone through the recommendations of several posts on
>> other sites of creating a local printer on the computer and then
>> creating a new local port with the share name and this does not work.
>>
>> I have also stopped and restarted the printer spooler service on the
>> server and local computer.
>>
>> I don't understand how it can be working fine for 5 days and then not.
>>
>> Please can someone help?
>>
>> Thanks and Best Regards
>> Nicola

> Just to add on my user is unable to print from any network printer.
> She has just managed to successfully add another network printer but
> gets the same error when printing to this new printer as well.

Nicola

Re: Printing from Windows Vista to Network Printer Opertaion couldnot be completed (error 0x0000000d)
Hi Alan,

I have looked at the print processor on the server for the Oki C5600
and can see the following:

Printer
Processor
Default Data Type
OPHDPP3
RAW
WinPrint
NT EMF 1.006

NT EMF 1.007

NT EMF 1.008

TEXT

I hope this helps..

Regards
Nicola

On 13 May, 19:45, "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <ala...@online.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> the error is
>
> E:\>winerror 0x0000000d
> * * 13 ERROR_INVALID_DATA <--> No NTSTATUS matched
>
> What print processor is the queue using (printer properties, advanced)
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team
> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights..
>
> "Nicola" <nic...@check-tek.co.uk> wrote in message

> > On 12 May, 14:36, nic...@check-tek.co.uk wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> I have a client who has had 3 new Vista Business desktops installed
> >> last week.

> >> They have been printing to their Windows 2003 SBS server-based network
> >> printer since then fine.

> >> Today they cannot and the get

> >> Test Page failed to print. Would you like to view the print
> >> troubleshooter for assistance? Operation could not be completed (error
> >> 0x0000000d)

> >> The printer is an Oki C5600 and is shared on the server as \
> >> \server01\okic5600

> >> I have updated the driver on the server to the latest one from the Oki
> >> website and also gone through the recommendations of several posts on
> >> other sites of creating a local printer on the computer and then
> >> creating a new local port with the share name and this does not work.

> >> I have also stopped and restarted the printer spooler service on the
> >> server and local computer.

> >> I don't understand how it can be working fine for 5 days and then not.

> >> Please can someone help?

> >> Thanks and Best Regards
> >> Nicola

> > Just to add on my user is unable to print from any network printer.
> > She has just managed to successfully add another network printer but
> > gets the same error when printing to this new printer as well.- Hide quoted text -

Nicola

Re: Printing from Windows Vista to Network Printer Opertaion couldnot be completed (error 0x0000000d)
This didn't come across very well

Printer Processor are OPHDPP3 and WinPrint
Default Data Type are RAW, NT EMF 1.006, NT EMF 1.007, NT EMF 1.008
and TEXT

Hope this helps
Nicola

On 20 May, 08:46, Nicola <nic...@check-tek.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I have looked at the print processor on the server for the Oki C5600
> and can see the following:
>
> Printer
> Processor
> Default Data Type
> OPHDPP3
> RAW
> WinPrint
> NT EMF 1.006
>
> NT EMF 1.007
>
> NT EMF 1.008
>
> TEXT
>
> I hope this helps..
>
> Regards
> Nicola
>
> On 13 May, 19:45, "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <ala...@online.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>

> > the error is

> > E:\>winerror 0x0000000d
> > * * 13 ERROR_INVALID_DATA <--> No NTSTATUS matched

> > What print processor is the queue using (printer properties, advanced)

> > --
> > Alan Morris
> > Windows Printing Team
> > Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

> > "Nicola" <nic...@check-tek.co.uk> wrote in message

> > > Just to add on my user is unable to print from any network printer.
> > > She has just managed to successfully add another network printer but
> > > gets the same error when printing to this new printer as well.- Hide quoted text -

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Printing from Windows Vista to Network Printer Opertaion could not be completed (error 0x0000000d)
Are you using the same driver on the client as that installed on the
"server". Are the print processors defined the same on both local printers?

--

This didn't come across very well

Printer Processor are OPHDPP3 and WinPrint
and TEXT

Hope this helps
Nicola

On 20 May, 08:46, Nicola <nic...@check-tek.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I have looked at the print processor on the server for the Oki C5600
> and can see the following:
>
> Printer
> Processor
> Default Data Type
> OPHDPP3
> RAW
> WinPrint
> NT EMF 1.006
>
> NT EMF 1.007
>
> NT EMF 1.008
>
> TEXT
>
> I hope this helps..
>
> Regards
> Nicola
>
> On 13 May, 19:45, "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <ala...@online.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>

> > the error is

> > E:\>winerror 0x0000000d
> > 13 ERROR_INVALID_DATA <--> No NTSTATUS matched

> > What print processor is the queue using (printer properties, advanced)

> > --
> > Alan Morris
> > Windows Printing Team
> > Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base
> > here:http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

> > rights.

> > "Nicola" <nic...@check-tek.co.uk> wrote in message

> > > Just to add on my user is unable to print from any network printer.
> > > She has just managed to successfully add another network printer but
> > > gets the same error when printing to this new printer as well.- Hide
> > > quoted text -

rua178

Re: Printing from Windows Vista to Network Printer Opertaion could not becompleted (error 0x0000000d)

Hi How did you solve your issue?

I'm having the same problem and Microsoft is not being very helpful

TIA

--
rua178
rua178's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=51129