Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Certified HP C7280 driver

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2008
Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
 

Posts: n/a
Certified HP C7280 driver

Anyone found it?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.2
^ ^ 14:48:01 up 18:11 1 user load average: 1.00 1.00 1.00
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-08-2008
Tom Ferguson
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Certified HP C7280 driver
Vista drivers for this unit are on HP's WWW site for download.

Vista 32 bit-
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 04785&lang=en

Vista 64 bit-
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 04785&lang=en

Be sure to also download the "critical update" on the same page and install
it after the drivers are correctly installed.

I hope these suit your requirements.
--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007


"Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)" <toylet.toylet@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:u6g1WeNsIHA.5096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> Anyone found it?
>
> --
> @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
> / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
> /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.2
> ^ ^ 14:48:01 up 18:11 1 user load average: 1.00 1.00 1.00
> (CSSA):
> http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2008
Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Certified HP C7280 driver
> Vista drivers for this unit are on HP's WWW site for download.
> Vista 32 bit-
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 04785&lang=en
> Be sure to also download the "critical update" on the same page and


Thanks!

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.2
^ ^ 18:09:01 up 33 min 1 user load average: 1.00 1.16 1.13
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2008
Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Certified HP C7280 driver
> Be sure to also download the "critical update" on the same page and
> install it after the drivers are correctly installed.


Excuse me. That "critical update" doesn't mention anything
about Powerpoint 2007 nor Office 2007. You sure that
it's the solution to that crash...


--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.2
^ ^ 18:11:01 up 35 min 1 user load average: 1.06 1.11 1.10
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2008
Tom Ferguson
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Certified HP C7280 driver
According to the web page for that "critical update",
==========
Release Date: 2007-12-10 Version: 1.0.0.0
Description
This update will correct an issue where your networked printer software
uninstalls itself without warning.
==========

There is no mention of it fixing any other issue.

I am puzzled. The post I replied to and your follow-up do not mention
anything about a crash. You just ask if anyone has found the driver for the
printer. So, I have no idea how to respond.

All the best.
--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007




"Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)" <toylet.toylet@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:OQbDt0bsIHA.1772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Be sure to also download the "critical update" on the same page and
>> install it after the drivers are correctly installed.

>
> Excuse me. That "critical update" doesn't mention anything
> about Powerpoint 2007 nor Office 2007. You sure that
> it's the solution to that crash...
>
>
> --
> @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
> / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
> /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.2
> ^ ^ 18:11:01 up 35 min 1 user load average: 1.06 1.11 1.10
> (CSSA):
> http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2008
Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Certified HP C7280 driver
> I am puzzled. The post I replied to and your follow-up do not mention
> anything about a crash. You just ask if anyone has found the driver for
> the printer. So, I have no idea how to respond.


Sorry, actually the problem is: If I set the default
printer to HP C7280, using the driver in the URL you
posted, when Powerpoint 2007 closes, it would report
a crash. I am trying to solve this problem and then
some1 said a certified driver could fix this. So...


--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.2
^ ^ 21:00:01 up 3:24 1 user load average: 1.04 1.05 1.01
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2008
Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Certified HP C7280 driver
Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) wrote:
>> I am puzzled. The post I replied to and your follow-up do not mention
>> anything about a crash. You just ask if anyone has found the driver for
>> the printer. So, I have no idea how to respond.

>
> Sorry, actually the problem is: If I set the default
> printer to HP C7280, using the driver in the URL you
> posted, when Powerpoint 2007 closes, it would report
> a crash. I am trying to solve this problem and then
> some1 said a certified driver could fix this. So...
>
>


And the funniest thing is: I <bold>DID NOT</bold>
touch the Print button when I closed Powerpoint.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.2
^ ^ 21:58:01 up 4:22 1 user load average: 1.00 1.03 1.02
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2008
Tom Ferguson
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Certified HP C7280 driver
OK. I understand now.

Unfortunately, I can not think of what would cause such a problem. . I'll do
some checking tonight and let you know if I find anything. (E.g. I wonder
about possible 3rd party add-ins or add-ons to PowerPoint.)
--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007


"Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)" <toylet.toylet@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ONp3CzdsIHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) wrote:
>>> I am puzzled. The post I replied to and your follow-up do not mention
>>> anything about a crash. You just ask if anyone has found the driver for
>>> the printer. So, I have no idea how to respond.

>>
>> Sorry, actually the problem is: If I set the default
>> printer to HP C7280, using the driver in the URL you
>> posted, when Powerpoint 2007 closes, it would report
>> a crash. I am trying to solve this problem and then
>> some1 said a certified driver could fix this. So...
>>
>>

>
> And the funniest thing is: I <bold>DID NOT</bold>
> touch the Print button when I closed Powerpoint.
>
> --
> @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
> / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
> /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.2
> ^ ^ 21:58:01 up 4:22 1 user load average: 1.00 1.03 1.02
> (CSSA):
> http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-09-2008
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Certified HP C7280 driver
It's pretty easy for print driver vendors to corrupt the memory within the
application that is using the driver which will cause the application
failure.

If you used a setup program to install the first driver make sure you use
the uninstall application to completely remove the driver before adding the
new one.

So:
remove printer
remove driver 2

remove driver 1 (uninstall application if available)

make sure the driver is not listed in the Drivers page of the printers
folder Server Properties.


now reinstall the printer.



--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Tom Ferguson" <tom.newsgroups@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:Ob5O6hgsIHA.3564@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> OK. I understand now.
>
> Unfortunately, I can not think of what would cause such a problem. . I'll
> do some checking tonight and let you know if I find anything. (E.g. I
> wonder about possible 3rd party add-ins or add-ons to PowerPoint.)
> --
>
> Tom
> MSMVP 1998-2007
>
>
> "Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)" <toylet.toylet@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ONp3CzdsIHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k) wrote:
>>>> I am puzzled. The post I replied to and your follow-up do not mention
>>>> anything about a crash. You just ask if anyone has found the driver for
>>>> the printer. So, I have no idea how to respond.
>>>
>>> Sorry, actually the problem is: If I set the default
>>> printer to HP C7280, using the driver in the URL you
>>> posted, when Powerpoint 2007 closes, it would report
>>> a crash. I am trying to solve this problem and then
>>> some1 said a certified driver could fix this. So...
>>>
>>>

>>
>> And the funniest thing is: I <bold>DID NOT</bold>
>> touch the Print button when I closed Powerpoint.
>>
>> --
>> @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
>> / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
>> /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.2
>> ^ ^ 21:58:01 up 4:22 1 user load average: 1.00 1.03 1.02
>> (CSSA):
>> http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/

>



Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2008
Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Certified HP C7280 driver
> remove printer
> remove driver 2
> remove driver 1 (uninstall application if available)
> make sure the driver is not listed in the Drivers page of the printers
> folder Server Properties.
> now reinstall the printer.


Thanks and yes, I have used your procedure
except the "server properties" step. um...

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.25.2
^ ^ 12:04:01 up 18:28 1 user load average: 1.07 1.06 1.01
(CSSA):
http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...ub_addressesa/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 (Certified for VISTA) -- NO DRIVER AVAILABLE Vista User microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 8 12-06-2008 02:02
Cenzic Certified as PCI ASV Paul Security News 0 05-06-2008 21:10
Article ID: 932403 After you use Package Manager to add a driver to an offline Windows Vista image, the driver may not be added to the driver store folder KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
IBM’s z/OS gets certified Paul Security News 0 05-29-2007 05:22
IBMs z/OS gets certified Paul Security News 0 05-24-2007 23:20




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:10.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120