Lexmark printer only prints web pages

CKM CKM is offline

CKM is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lexmark printer only prints web pages
My Lexmark X2450 has been working on my Vista PC since May'07.

Sometime in the last few weeks something has changed and initially it seemed that it wouldn't print anything.

Lots of experimentation and uninstalls later, I've come to the conclusion that the printer is O.k. as it will print test pages and IE web pages, but I can't get it to print anything else, (Word docs etc. These show as spooling, printing then deleting in the print queue.

Note: Last night, I gave up trying at 2am turned the printer and PC off and turned it off at the wall - the next morning my son turned on the PC and some of the print attempts from last night printed!

Help, if I had hair, I'd be tearing it out.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Lexmark printer only prints web pages
I'd probably disconnect the printer and uninstall the drivers and then shut
the PC down overnight.

Tomorrow, redownload the software from the Lexmark website, install it, do
NOT reconnect the printer until the software tells you to do so, and then
try to print from Word (or whatever).
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"CKM" <CKM.38wm0g@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> My Lexmark X2450 has been working on my Vista PC since May'07.
>
> Sometime in the last few weeks something has changed and initially it
> seemed that it wouldn't print anything.
>
> Lots of experimentation and uninstalls later, I've come to the
> conclusion that the printer is O.k. as it will print test pages and IE
> web pages, but I can't get it to print anything else, (Word docs etc.
> These show as spooling, printing then deleting in the print queue.
>
> Note: Last night, I gave up trying at 2am turned the printer and PC off
> and turned it off at the wall - the next morning my son turned on the PC
> and some of the print attempts from last night printed!
>
> Help, if I had hair, I'd be tearing it out.
>

> --
> CKM

CKM CKM is offline

CKM is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll try it...
Thank you for your reply, I'll give it a go later.
CKM CKM is offline

CKM is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Partial Success
I tried what you suggested, Cari, with partial success.....
I can now print anything when logged in as 'Administrator', but when logged in as me, I can still only print from Web pages.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with the full 'administrator' log in, which I only enabled sometime in the last few weeks?
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Lexmark printer only prints web pages
Hmmm, it shouldn't be, but 'me' may not have access to the right folder(s).
Can 'me' print if you make 'me' an Administrator?
--

"CKM" <CKM.38ze0d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I tried what you suggested, Cari, with partial success.....
> I can now print anything when logged in as 'Administrator', but when
> logged in as me, I can still only print from Web pages.
>
> I'm wondering if it's something to do with the full 'administrator' log
> in, which I only enabled sometime in the last few weeks?
>

> --
> CKM

CKM CKM is offline

CKM is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Only 'Administrator' can print
The administrator log in can print anything, but other user with administrator rights seem to only be able to print from Internet Explorer.
CKM CKM is offline

CKM is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Footnote
Turned off UAC which allowed everyone to print. success?????

Tried to scan a document, but that doesn't work now.

I guess you can't have everything working at the same time or life would be too easy