Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Print Spooler crashed

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-29-2008
Kamaldip
 

Posts: n/a
Print Spooler crashed
When installing a printer - at various stages of the process, the
installation will fail. Two messages appear:

1) Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error
0x000006be)
2) Spooler subsystem app stopped working and was closed. A problem caused
the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a
solution is available.

This computer is running Windows Vista. This issue occurs with SP1 as well.
This computer has been re-imaged several times and the issue is still there.

Any ideas will be helpful.

Thanks,

Kamaldip

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2008
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Print Spooler crashed
What Vista specific print driver are you attempting to install? Most likely
the issue is the print driver.


Check the vendor website for updated Vista drivers.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Kamaldip" <Kamaldip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9D24F0E5-3B82-49AA-BECC-DDE5F4BDD0AD@microsoft.com...
> When installing a printer - at various stages of the process, the
> installation will fail. Two messages appear:
>
> 1) Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error
> 0x000006be)
> 2) Spooler subsystem app stopped working and was closed. A problem caused
> the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a
> solution is available.
>
> This computer is running Windows Vista. This issue occurs with SP1 as
> well.
> This computer has been re-imaged several times and the issue is still
> there.
>
> Any ideas will be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kamaldip
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2008
jjm
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Print Spooler crashed
Alan,

I have seen your posts on printing issues. As a last attempt, maybe you can
help me. I have been trying to trouble shoot the spooler problem for more
than a month and have spent countless hours on multiple call backs from MS
tech support. Still no solution.

The print spooler is unstable and crashes multiple times. In addition, each
time I attempt to install my Cannon S820 printer, the installation hangs
because the spooler has crashed. This Vista Ultimate install was an upgrade
from XP and there have been no hardware changes. Canon says the most
up-to-date driver is included with Vista. Everything worked fine unsder XP.

I also have a problem with DVD Maker not being able to recognize my DVD
drive, but that's another issue.

I am at the point where I want my money back on Vista. I had a stable
machine with XP, but only frustration with Vista. Is there anyone at
Microsoft that can actually help me fix these problems?

Jim

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> What Vista specific print driver are you attempting to install? Most likely
> the issue is the print driver.
>
>
> Check the vendor website for updated Vista drivers.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team
> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "Kamaldip" <Kamaldip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:9D24F0E5-3B82-49AA-BECC-DDE5F4BDD0AD@microsoft.com...
> > When installing a printer - at various stages of the process, the
> > installation will fail. Two messages appear:
> >
> > 1) Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error
> > 0x000006be)
> > 2) Spooler subsystem app stopped working and was closed. A problem caused
> > the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a
> > solution is available.
> >
> > This computer is running Windows Vista. This issue occurs with SP1 as
> > well.
> > This computer has been re-imaged several times and the issue is still
> > there.
> >
> > Any ideas will be helpful.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Kamaldip
> >

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-07-2008
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Print Spooler crashed

I only use drivers that ship with the OS. There's a number of reason for
this but the biggest one is the fact that I know the various printer
manufacturer drivers test groups and I can take any issue directly to them.
The other reason is I don't actually have the physical devices so most of
the printers I add are manual installations to loopback ports.

I suspect that there is something that was carried forward from the XP
install that is causing the spooler service failure. If the XP Canon driver
has an uninstall utility, I would attempt to run that as administrator to
remove any software that may be lingering around.

What print components are currently installed on you machine? I'm mainly
interested in the registry information under these keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print\Environments\Windows
NT x86

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print\Monitors


Most likely there are Windows Error Report (WER) crash dump files that
contain information on the failing module, be sure to send those if you are
connected to the internet (not dial-up or it will take a while).




--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"jjm" <jjm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2B5EB815-2DCB-4882-A86A-4409DDC90619@microsoft.com...
> Alan,
>
> I have seen your posts on printing issues. As a last attempt, maybe you
> can
> help me. I have been trying to trouble shoot the spooler problem for more
> than a month and have spent countless hours on multiple call backs from MS
> tech support. Still no solution.
>
> The print spooler is unstable and crashes multiple times. In addition,
> each
> time I attempt to install my Cannon S820 printer, the installation hangs
> because the spooler has crashed. This Vista Ultimate install was an
> upgrade
> from XP and there have been no hardware changes. Canon says the most
> up-to-date driver is included with Vista. Everything worked fine unsder
> XP.
>
> I also have a problem with DVD Maker not being able to recognize my DVD
> drive, but that's another issue.
>
> I am at the point where I want my money back on Vista. I had a stable
> machine with XP, but only frustration with Vista. Is there anyone at
> Microsoft that can actually help me fix these problems?
>
> Jim
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> What Vista specific print driver are you attempting to install? Most
>> likely
>> the issue is the print driver.
>>
>>
>> Check the vendor website for updated Vista drivers.
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>>
>> "Kamaldip" <Kamaldip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:9D24F0E5-3B82-49AA-BECC-DDE5F4BDD0AD@microsoft.com...
>> > When installing a printer - at various stages of the process, the
>> > installation will fail. Two messages appear:
>> >
>> > 1) Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error
>> > 0x000006be)
>> > 2) Spooler subsystem app stopped working and was closed. A problem
>> > caused
>> > the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if
>> > a
>> > solution is available.
>> >
>> > This computer is running Windows Vista. This issue occurs with SP1 as
>> > well.
>> > This computer has been re-imaged several times and the issue is still
>> > there.
>> >
>> > Any ideas will be helpful.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Kamaldip
>> >

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2008
DrGWClone
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Print Spooler crashed
It is the hpzpnp.dll, search for that file and delete it. It usually comes along with older HP drivers and Vista really hates it!


Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HOw do I start the print spooler so I can install my print drivers? jaczar microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 12-18-2007 03:42
Print Spooler hangs and doesn't print eodhandyman microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 1 10-21-2007 02:25
Print Spooler Locks up After first Print JBKAYAK microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 5 07-03-2007 17:14
Print Spooler Lock up After first Print JBKAYAK microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 06-12-2007 01:13
PRINT SPOOLER =?Utf-8?B?S2FyZW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-29-2007 10:24




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:58.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120