installlation of my hp printer

jtb702nv

installlation of my hp printer
I have a dell inspiron 1720 lap top with windows vista home edition I am
trying to download the software and drivers for my HP Photosmart C7280
All-in-One printer.
iget about 94 % completed then I get this error message

Fatal error during installation.
An error occurred during the installation of assembly
policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.ATL,processorArchitectur e=”x86”,publickeyToken=”1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b”, version=”8.0.50727.91”,type=”win32-policy”
Please go to http://www.hp.com/support for troubleshooting information
about “fatal error” and “msi.unloadsupport”

I have gone to that web site and called hp tech support and no help there.
they never seen this error message and thinks its a registry problem. any
help????

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: installlation of my hp printer
Is there an option to order a CD with the software on it from HP?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"jtb702nv" <jtb702nv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a dell inspiron 1720 lap top with windows vista home edition I am
> trying to download the software and drivers for my HP Photosmart C7280
> All-in-One printer.
> iget about 94 % completed then I get this error message
>
> Fatal error during installation.
> An error occurred during the installation of assembly
> policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.ATL,processorArchitectur e=”x86”,publickeyToken=”1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b”, version=”8.0.50727.91”,type=”win32-policy”
> Please go to http://www.hp.com/support for troubleshooting information
> about “fatal error” and “msi.unloadsupport”
>
> I have gone to that web site and called hp tech support and no help there.
> they never seen this error message and thinks its a registry problem. any
> help????

jtb702nv

Re: installlation of my hp printer
Im sure there is but i tried the cd included in the printer as well as
downloading it off the internet and get the same error message from both ways

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Is there an option to order a CD with the software on it from HP?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "jtb702nv" <jtb702nv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a dell inspiron 1720 lap top with windows vista home edition I am
> > trying to download the software and drivers for my HP Photosmart C7280
> > All-in-One printer.
> > iget about 94 % completed then I get this error message
> >
> > Fatal error during installation.
> > An error occurred during the installation of assembly
> > policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80.ATL,processorArchitectur e=”x86”,publickeyToken=”1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b”, version=”8.0.50727.91”,type=”win32-policy”
> > Please go to http://www.hp.com/support for troubleshooting information
> > about “fatal error” and “msi.unloadsupport”
> >
> > I have gone to that web site and called hp tech support and no help there.
> > they never seen this error message and thinks its a registry problem. any
> > help????

gr79

Re: installlation of my hp printer

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I get exactly the same error
message when trying to install my HP deskjet all-in-one. I have been
emailing te helpdesk for months and thy keep giving me things to try but
no luck!

--
gr79
jtb702nv

Re: installlation of my hp printer
No I still have not gotten it resolved and it is drivng me insane.

"gr79" wrote:

> Did you ever get this issue resolved? I get exactly the same error
> message when trying to install my HP deskjet all-in-one. I have been
> emailing te helpdesk for months and thy keep giving me things to try but
> no luck!
>

> --
> gr79

oaklanding is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I gave up on IE 7 and downloaded Firefox as my default Browser and have no problems with my hp deskjet 5650.
huwyngr

Re: installlation of my hp printer
In article <9586EB53-E3CB-4B4B-A627-D37A8439AD2B@microsoft.com>,
Jtb702nv wrote:

> An error occurred during the installation of assembly*
> policy

Some suggestions ....

Check out this HP webspage for your printer

Installation issues for Software & Drivers
HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...le=1891&lc=en&
cc=us&dlc=en&os=2093&product=3204785&lang=en

and in particular:

HP All-in-One Products - An Error Message Appears on the Computer
While Installing the Software in Windows

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...5478&lc=en&cc=
us&dlc=en&product=3204785&os=2093&rule=1891&lang=e n

Here's an off the top of my head thought:

You are installing software for an All in One printer onto a VISTA Home
series system and the Home series VISTA does not include Fax & Scan so
the installer is looking for something that is not there.

Since I've seen references to a similar problem and Image Zone which is
part of the HP package, try uninstalling everything HP you can see in
Remove Programs and deleting any HP icon there may be in the Printers
folder after unplugging the USB cable from the PC end.

Then reboot, download the simplified package:

HP Photosmart Basic Drivers
HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...softwareitem=m
p-52292-3&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3204785&os=2093&lang= en

Make sure you use Download Only and Save, not Run when the choices
appear.

Note where you saved the file to and install that -- do not plug the
USB cable from the AIO to the PC until the install procedure tells you
to or until you get to [Finish].

Good luck.