Lexmark X7170 (7100 Series)

=?Utf-8?B?TXMuIEc=?=

Lexmark X7170 (7100 Series)
Does anyone know if there is a way to use a printer whose manufacturer hasn't
released a Vista compatible driver for yet? There is the program
compatibility for games and such and I was just curious if there is a similar
feature for hardware. Lexmark anticipates releasing the Vista driver sometime
this month, but in the meantime I would certainly like to be able to print
from the printer I just received for Christmas this year.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Lexmark X7170 (7100 Series)
The Lexmark website says March so it shouldn't be long...but if you must
print tomorrow, the driver for the HP Deskjet 500 is the most generic there
is... and you 'may' get output but no one will guarantee it!

http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/seque...567_en,00.html
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Ms. G" <Ms. G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there is a way to use a printer whose manufacturer
> hasn't
> released a Vista compatible driver for yet? There is the program
> compatibility for games and such and I was just curious if there is a
> similar
> feature for hardware. Lexmark anticipates releasing the Vista driver
> sometime
> this month, but in the meantime I would certainly like to be able to print
> from the printer I just received for Christmas this year.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

Dena

Re: Lexmark X7170 (7100 Series)
I have recently downloaded the latest drivers from Lexmark for the X7170 All
in One printer and it does not print. When I print the test page I get the
error message "Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print
troubleshooter for assistance? Operation could not be completed (error
0x00000057)." When I first installed it, Windows failed to reboot
correctly, as I lost my Gadget bar and other windows desktop icons would not
open, but individual software, like Office would open. I had to restore to
previous working operation. Once restored. I redownloaded the driver and
reinstalled from the folder inwhich it was saved. It installed fine, but
still not printing. Funny, however, that the scanner does work! So, no
printer. Am waiting until someone finds a solution.