How do I scan under Vista without HP Director on HP1210 all-in-one

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUxMA==?=

How do I scan under Vista without HP Director on HP1210 all-in-one
I also just got a new laptop with Vista. The HP1210 all-in-one driver is
already installed and when I plugged it in the printer is automatically
installed. I also see the HP1210 scanning set up in the control panel.

My question is, how do I initiate a scan from the desktop. Under XP you
would load and HP app called HP Director that would start and control
scanning. How do I get this back?
--
Steve Tenbrink

Kerry Brown

Re: How do I scan under Vista without HP Director on HP1210 all-in-one
"Steve10" <Steve10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news51EA6E1-B384-4E66-A61A-DC71D66A970E@microsoft.com...
>I also just got a new laptop with Vista. The HP1210 all-in-one driver is
> already installed and when I plugged it in the printer is automatically
> installed. I also see the HP1210 scanning set up in the control panel.
>
> My question is, how do I initiate a scan from the desktop. Under XP you
> would load and HP app called HP Director that would start and control
> scanning. How do I get this back?
> --
> Steve Tenbrink

HP has chosen not to upgrade the Director software for this model. There are
several models of HP 1210 all-in-one. Go to the following link and input
your model number.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...splay=driversl

You will eventually get to a page explaining how to use this model in Vista.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

Dave

Re: How do I scan under Vista without HP Director on HP1210 all-in-one
I have a HP Officejet 6110.
HP Director won't work with Vista, and it doesn't appear that HP is going to
update it.
Vista's drivers work ok for printing and scanning.

You can start the scan from Windows Photo Gallery
File - Import from Camera or Scanner..

I purchased VueScan to simplify the process, and to have more control
http://www.hamrick.com/

"Steve10" <Steve10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news51EA6E1-B384-4E66-A61A-DC71D66A970E@microsoft.com...
>I also just got a new laptop with Vista. The HP1210 all-in-one driver is
> already installed and when I plugged it in the printer is automatically
> installed. I also see the HP1210 scanning set up in the control panel.
>
> My question is, how do I initiate a scan from the desktop. Under XP you
> would load and HP app called HP Director that would start and control
> scanning. How do I get this back?
> --
> Steve Tenbrink

Cynthia Wargin

Re: How do I scan under Vista without HP Director on HP1210 all-in-one
Hi Steve,

If I understand your question correctly, you want to launch a scan using a
program on your desktop or the computer instead of going to the scanner.
Depending on which edition of Windows Vista you're running, you can also
start a scan by launching Windows Fax and Scan.

To launch the program, click Start, click All Programs, and then click
Windows Fax and Scan. To start a scan, click the "Scan" button in left pane
(at the bottom), and then click "New Scan". I'm not sure if you'll need to
take any setup steps if your scanner is already installed, but if you do, a
wizard should help guide you through the process.

Once you acquire a scan, Windows Fax and Scan displays it in an inbox-like
format and when you edit it, the program automatically launches Windows
Photo Gallery. So you can also start the scan using Windows Photo Gallery as
Dave suggests but you might find better storage and management options in
the Windows Fax and Scan program.

For information about using it, see Help and Support or try visiting the new
Windows Help and How-to website at http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/. Hope
this answers your question.

Regards,

--