After printing several documents, the print queue hangs, print st

=?Utf-8?B?RnJlZEo=?=

After printing several documents, the print queue hangs, print st
I am running Windows Vista Ultimate. I have an HP 6540 printer. After
printing several documents the print queue Breaks. I look at the printer,
the busy light is flashing as if it is printing, but nothing comes out. The
print queue has from 2 to 5 jobs waiting. The only way out of this is to
1:turn off the printer. 2:restart the system. 3:when the system comes back up
check the print queue. if it is not empty, choose the option to clear all
print jobs. This should clear the queue. 4:go to printer properties and
re-install the printer driver. This fixes the problem for a day or two. I
have even gone to printer properties and selected print directly to printer.
This does no good Vista still brings in the print queue on every print job.
This is a Microsoft problem, it needs to be fixed with a patch to VISTA
ULTIMATE.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: After printing several documents, the print queue hangs, print st
This appears to be an HP problem and should be fixed with a patch from
HP.....If it were a Vista problem, everyone would be complaining their queue
hangs... and I can assure you, they aren't and it doesn't.

Of course you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the unit.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"FredJ" <FredJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running Windows Vista Ultimate. I have an HP 6540 printer. After
> printing several documents the print queue Breaks. I look at the printer,
> the busy light is flashing as if it is printing, but nothing comes out.
> The
> print queue has from 2 to 5 jobs waiting. The only way out of this is to
> 1:turn off the printer. 2:restart the system. 3:when the system comes back
> up
> check the print queue. if it is not empty, choose the option to clear all
> print jobs. This should clear the queue. 4:go to printer properties and
> re-install the printer driver. This fixes the problem for a day or two.
> have even gone to printer properties and selected print directly to
> printer.
> This does no good Vista still brings in the print queue on every print
> job.
> This is a Microsoft problem, it needs to be fixed with a patch to VISTA
> ULTIMATE.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...i nt_fax_scan

GreenWing

Re: After printing several documents, the print queue hangs, print st
"FredJ" <FredJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running Windows Vista Ultimate. I have an HP 6540 printer. After
> printing several documents the print queue Breaks. I look at the printer,
> the busy light is flashing as if it is printing, but nothing comes out.
> The
> print queue has from 2 to 5 jobs waiting. The only way out of this is to
> 1:turn off the printer. 2:restart the system. 3:when the system comes back
> up
> check the print queue. if it is not empty, choose the option to clear all
> print jobs. This should clear the queue. 4:go to printer properties and
> re-install the printer driver. This fixes the problem for a day or two.
> have even gone to printer properties and selected print directly to
> printer.
> This does no good Vista still brings in the print queue on every print
> job.
> This is a Microsoft problem, it needs to be fixed with a patch to VISTA
> ULTIMATE.

I am having similar issues with my HP D7360 printer...Can't cancel the print
job either...Only way to abort it is to delete the printer and re-add...

GreenWing

Feldspar is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Print queue in Vista.
Hi, just replying to the top post and the one below it. This has been a problem in Windows since time immemorial. There does need to be an option in Windows to just instantly kill the print queue and delete either all or selected print jobs. They of course will never listen. As to the reply from Cari, well you must either be a complete noob or a home user or some kind of space alien because pretty much every IT professional and large user group has complained about this problem at some point, on Vista and on XP. Got the internet? Know what google is? Use it!

The reason why less and less people complain to Microsoft or about Microsoft these days is that idiots like you reply with idiot answers and no-one at Microsoft or anyone MS qualified gives a toss. This is not an HP problem, it happens on Kyocera, on Epson, on MT, on Canon, on all printers, it definitely is an MS problem that they need to fix, along with a million other problems.

I'm a 20 year IT pro who currently looks after a 2,000 user network and has looked after tens of thousands of computers over the years and has seen Windows through every iteration from DOS 3.0 - It's funny in that there are so many MCSE's and MVP's out there these days, and it's so easy to take the exams via cheat-sites, they've lost all credibility. I had an MVP/MCSE and M-blah-blah say the other day: "Why anyone would want to open multiple text files at once, is beyond me..." - bless. Obviously never been a web developer, or had to input multiple flat files to a db or worked for a CADCAM company, or engineering field where you have multiple results in CSV's and you need to open them all for analysis or many many other apps that work this way. Basically whenever an MVP /MCSE or Mblahblah posts on a forum now, just ignore it, they usually have no idea what they're talking about and often show their utter inexperience by posting something like the above - basically all they're really saying is they've never 'worked' in IT or they've never been in a production environment, or they have but this is their first job and they think that now they've seen all there is to see - usually though they're strictly 'send the odd email, browse the internet' level users and nothing more.

Windows, especially Vista, is a very very broken OS and needs many things fixed, reinstated and improved but while MS stonewall users with these idiots, nothing will ever change, hence people can't be bothered anymore. I've long since been a supporter of MS as on balance it's pretty amazing when you look across the spectrum of all their products, but as time goes on they just get worse and especially Vista, it has many an IT pro quaking in their boots as the upgrade path and training implications for thousands of users is frightening, truly frightening.

As for the answer to the original poster's problem? Don't know, wish I did, I was just so amused/agog at Cari's reply I felt I had to post - truly myopic and imbecilic - the post of a true noob.

What I just did on my Fista that had yet another blocked print queue, with my Epson R220, at home, was turn off the printer, go to Services, stop the Print Spooler, delete the troublesome doc/pdf in the print queue, count to a hundred, stand up, turned around, sang to the nearest fictitious deity, had an ice cream, turned everything back on, restarted spooler and then printed the doc/pdf again. It worked second time around - yeeha.

Ciao.