IHP AIO Imaging won't install

JimH

IHP AIO Imaging won't install
I have been in a long process with HP to resolve a HP Photosmart C6250
printer in Vista Business. After a month of email support from HP I was told
they had exhausted their resources and to call for telephone support. After
several hours over two or three days, the tech (island of Cebu, Philipine
Islands) identified a failure.In the software installation process, regsvr32
calls for a vbscript.dll. An Error Message results: "The module
"vbscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error
code 0x80004005". His solution was to reformat and re-install Vista, etc.
This seems somewhat similar to other printer istallation problems I noticed
in searching previous forum entries. Hoping for help, JMorgNU
Kevin

Re: IHP AIO Imaging won't install

"JimH" <JimH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been in a long process with HP to resolve a HP Photosmart C6250
> printer in Vista Business. After a month of email support from HP I was
> told
> they had exhausted their resources and to call for telephone support.
> After
> several hours over two or three days, the tech (island of Cebu, Philipine
> Islands) identified a failure.In the software installation process,
> regsvr32
> calls for a vbscript.dll. An Error Message results: "The module
> "vbscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with
> error
> code 0x80004005". His solution was to reformat and re-install Vista, etc.
> This seems somewhat similar to other printer istallation problems I
> noticed
> in searching previous forum entries. Hoping for help, JMorgNU

Have you checked out the Vista drivers for your 6250 found on this page?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... lc=en&lang=en

Do not reformat your computer to fix an issue like a printer driver. This
is always a cop-out for stymied tech support people.

JimH

Re: IHP AIO Imaging won't install

--
JMorgNU

"Kevin" wrote:

> "JimH" <JimH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been in a long process with HP to resolve a HP Photosmart C6250
> > printer in Vista Business. After a month of email support from HP I was
> > told
> > they had exhausted their resources and to call for telephone support.
> > After
> > several hours over two or three days, the tech (island of Cebu, Philipine
> > Islands) identified a failure.In the software installation process,
> > regsvr32
> > calls for a vbscript.dll. An Error Message results: "The module
> > "vbscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with
> > error
> > code 0x80004005". His solution was to reformat and re-install Vista, etc.
> > This seems somewhat similar to other printer istallation problems I
> > noticed
> > in searching previous forum entries. Hoping for help, JMorgNU

> Have you checked out the Vista drivers for your 6250 found on this page?
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... lc=en&lang=en
>
> Do not reformat your computer to fix an issue like a printer driver. This
> is always a cop-out for stymied tech support people.

JimH

Re: IHP AIO Imaging won't install
I did download a installation software update identified by HP Tech Support
with no different results. I'll check the driver update. Thanks. I am able to
install the printer using the "Add Printer" feature. The Imaging software
won't install via USB or as Network printer, my intention was a Network
Printer.I do not intend to go through the re-install mess. I was hoping
someone might have another idea.
JMorgNU

"Kevin" wrote:

> "JimH" <JimH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been in a long process with HP to resolve a HP Photosmart C6250
> > printer in Vista Business. After a month of email support from HP I was
> > told
> > they had exhausted their resources and to call for telephone support.
> > After
> > several hours over two or three days, the tech (island of Cebu, Philipine
> > Islands) identified a failure.In the software installation process,
> > regsvr32
> > calls for a vbscript.dll. An Error Message results: "The module
> > "vbscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with
> > error
> > code 0x80004005". His solution was to reformat and re-install Vista, etc.
> > This seems somewhat similar to other printer istallation problems I
> > noticed
> > in searching previous forum entries. Hoping for help, JMorgNU

> Have you checked out the Vista drivers for your 6250 found on this page?
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... lc=en&lang=en
>
> Do not reformat your computer to fix an issue like a printer driver. This
> is always a cop-out for stymied tech support people.

huwyngr

In article <2D732778-7F88-4212-B273-1E5FCF43FF72@microsoft.com>, JimH wrote:

> I am able to*
> install the printer using the "Add Printer" feature. The Imaging software*
> won't install via USB or as Network printer,

What order did you do this in? For USB you need to install the software
before connecting the USB cable to the PC.

I'd clean everything up by disconnecting the USB cable, deleting the AIO
icons in Printer and Fax & Scan (?), Uninstalling any related HP software
listed in Remove Programs, and then reboot.

Download the Full software package:

» HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers

01-2008 9.0.0 - 190.57M

PS_AIO_02_Network_ENU.exe

and not the one for IT professionals since I think that does not include
networking.

Download the critical update while you are there:

» Critical update to prevent unexpected printer uninstall

12-2007 1.0.0.0 - 1.52M

and you might as well get the Diagnostic Utility although I've never used
it.

I'd start the installation of the Imaging Software by right mouse clicking
on the individual file ..... .exe and selecting Run as Administrator. If
that does not start the installation then right mouse click again and select
Properties / Compatibility and check the [ ] Run as Administrator box there
and OK your way out then if it does not start up the installation, double
click on the exe file.

Do not connect the AIO USB cable to the PC until the installation procedure
tells you to or until after you reach [Finish].

Hope that helps.

Get it working on USB first and then worry about networking later.